1277 users online (292 members and 985 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Tinicum Marsh Murders in Chester, early 1970s

Anyone out there remember reading about the murder of girls related to the Warlock Motorcycle Gang in the early 1970s? I read a feature article about this some time ago - not sure what magazine. I think this may be related to Beth Doe, but I have not been able to find ANY information about these old Tinicum cases.

History - Several bodies were discovered in the Tinicum Marshes in the early 1970s and related to the Warlock Motercycle Gang which was prevalent in Chester Co., PA during the early 1970s.

The Doe Network Case File 169UFPA
    Last edited by Unknownlady; 08-07-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Cabron County Jane Doe

Here is a link to the Doenetwork case that you reference in your post:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/169ufpa.html

Her case is discussed in some depth here in Websleuths Cold Cases under the title Cabron County Jane Doe. I do not recall any connections mentioned between her murder and the Warlock Motorcycle gang, however.

References in Websleuths

I found two cases in the Websleuths Cold Case files which make reference to the Warlock Motorcycle gang and missing persons in Pennsylvania. Here are the threads:

Barbara Rowan, 14 Murdered August 1984 Bensalem, PA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ranee Gregor, missing 21 October 1977 from Robinson twp, PA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Richard,

I have been researching Beth Doe for some time. I am researching possible connections in PA, 1976 time period.

I was wondering if her death might be related to numerous Warlock related deaths of young girls that occured in the early 1970s. These girls' bodies were found in the Tinicum Marshes, Delaware Co., PA. I have been unable to find any reference material about these crimes, but I remember reading about this as a young girl myself. It was a feature article in one of the big mags like Newsweek, or National Georgraphic....

I was also wondering about the Pennsylvania Johnson Gang in the ealy 1970s - a movie was made about his gang: "At Close Range" with Sean Penn, Chistpher Walken. I cannot find anything but small posts about this gang.

Also, Fred Banks - a mass killer from Wilkes Barre, PA during this time. He had a harem of girls/woman at the time and went on a murder rampage.

Thanks for the posts - I will investigate them.
    Last edited by Unknownlady; 08-08-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Mid 1970's cases of missing and murdered girls

Stacey,

Check out the featured case of the missing Lyon Sisters. Katherine and Sheila Lyon went missing on 25 March 1975 from Wheaton, Maryland.

That featured case has some threads about possible suspects who were operating in Maryland and nearby states around that time. Also, there are cases posted which could be related or linked to either the Lyon case or eachother, and several of these are in Pennsylvania.

I have never seen any references specifically the the Marsh Murders in the Lyon threads, but I have seen references to them in the other two links that I posted previously.

Thread on Robin Elam...

Here is a link to the Websleuths Cold case about murdered nun Robin Elam:

Cold case - murdered nun Robin Elam - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This thread contains some possibly linked cases which occurred in the mid 1970's In Pennsylvania.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-12-2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Here is the link to another WS thread with Tinicum Marsh mentioned.

Ranee Gregor, missing 21 October 1977 from Robinson twp, PA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is about Ranee Gregor (Richard mentioned earlier on this thread). If you've already read it, sorry for the repeat.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-12-2015 at 01:50 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Link to article about the movie "Lovely Bones" (snipped for the portion relating to Tinucum Marsh.)

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...2733089064.txt

In an eerie coincidence, MacDade Mall was a known hang out for two young Delaware County women who disappeared five months apart in 1975 and whose bodies, both with broken jaws and skulls shattered by bullets, turned up later that year in nearby Tinicum Marsh. Law enforcement authorities have long speculated that Debra Jean Delozier, 20, of Collingdale and Denise Marie Seamen, 17, of Colwyn died because of their resistance to rape by members of the Warlocks motorcycle gang. Their murders remain unsolved.

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/c...tybethdoe.html

Link to a page devoted to Beth Doe.

Whom do we contact here at WS about setting up a forum to dump all these similar cases of girls gone missing and murdered in PA during the 70s? We have a lot of different threads that cross over quite a bit.

Featured Cases...

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    Whom do we contact here at WS about setting up a forum to dump all these similar cases of girls gone missing and murdered in PA during the 70s? We have a lot of different threads that cross over quite a bit.
    From what I have seen, Featured Cases are usually given their own topic area after a very large number of posts, and discussion make the topic a "hot" one. You could suggest such a featured case or topic to the Website owner.

StaceyK, I think I'm probably pulling up all information you've run across before and I'm not finding anything that's really centered on the motorcycle gang in relation to the Tinicum Marsh Murders. I wish I could be more help.

Are you talking about the Warlocks? I'm from that area and that's the motorcycle gang that's active around there and STILL active.

Yes - The Warlocks. Do you remember in the early-mid 70s, they had a house in Folcroft or Ridley TWP. that young peeps went to for crazy parties? The house had a name - I can't remember it anymore. But, girls started missing and they found some bodies in the Tinicum Marsh. I grew up in another part of Pennsylvania, but I remember hearing about these parties. Thank goodness I never attended.

I'm thinking about a possible connection between these parties and Beth Doe - it's a stretch, but who knows?

Richard - I cannot find the threat about the LYON sisters - can you help me out?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast