Eunice Kennedy Shriver, sister of JFK, in critical condition at Cape Cod Hospital

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
A family spokesman says Eunice Kennedy Shriver is in critical condition at a Massachusetts hospital.

Spokesman Stephen Rivers said Friday that the 88-year-old sister of President John F. Kennedy is surrounded by her family at Cape Cod Hospital. He says her husband, children and all her grandchildren are at her side.

Shriver is renowned in her own right for founding the Special Olympics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/07/jfks-sister-critical-mass-hospital/

Sad to hear the news. Prayers for her and her family too.

Prayers to her and her family........

:rose: Prayers for Eunice and all her family :rose:

It seems Eunices' end may near. On the news earlier today,it stated that the Kennedy family had been summoned to the hospital. I haven't heard anything else since this.

RIP, Eunice. :rose:

Eunice Kennedy Shriver Dies at 88

Eunice Kennedy Shriver, a member of the famed Kennedy clan who devoted much of her life to children's charities, including founding the Special Olympics, died at the age of 88.

Known for her devotion to the mentally disabled community and in particular her mentally disabled sister Rosemary, Ms. Kennedy Shriver founded the Special Olympics in 1968. For years before, she had invited mentally disabled children to a summer camp held in the backyard of her Maryland home. From the first group of 35 children, the Special Olympics grew into an organization that now hosts 227 programs in more than 180 countries and includes more than three million participants.

The Special Olympics were designed "to demonstrate that people with mental retardation are capable of remarkable achievements in sports, education, employment and beyond," Ms. Kennedy Shriver said.

"With enormous conviction and unrelenting effort, Eunice Kennedy Shriver has labored on behalf of America's least-powerful people, those with mental retardation," President Ronald Reagan said, when presenting Ms. Kennedy Shriver with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1984. --> more

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

I'm so sad to hear that she passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this time.

:rose: Rest in peace Eunice. You were a wonderful woman.

Rest in Peace Eunice, prayers for your family.

15 August, 2009
'Friend and Mentor'
Eunice Kennedy Shriver by Bono. More »

Bobby and I couldn't have done what we did with Drop the Debt, or DATA, or (Red), or ONE, without her. From early financial support, to wisdom lodged in a fairly empty account on my part, she instilled the thought that injustice is just not as smart as a collective imagination that gathers to defeat it. Injustice seems singular... Justice, a pluralist working out of common decency, can cover more ground quicker if everyone knows their part in the tune. Eunice was the ultimate conductor.

I remember one perhaps telling incident of the way her brain works: she had come to see U2 in ZOO TV in Boston in 1992. It was a very challenging show for the band and the audience. A multimedia extravaganza, wrapped around a line from the poet Brendan Kennelly's Book of Judas: 'the best way to serve the age is to betray it'. At one point in the show I came on as the ultimate satanic rock star but with dementia... a character we created in a gold lamé suit called McPhisto. There was consternation in our audience, and from many commentators. Eunice came backstage after the show: 'Gosh Bono... I used to come to a U2 show and see angels... tonight there were more than a few devils present. A much better show.. a much fairer fight'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back