Woman duped by middle aged man who acted like a child

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111237&catid=8

Janet Schulte believed the man when he told her by phone that his 40-something, disabled brother needed a caregiver who could bottle-feed him and change his diapers.
What the Melbourne woman can't believe is that he committed no crime, now that she said she has found out the situation was a charade: that the man and his brother were same person.
And that he didn't have the disabilities he claimed to have.
"I feel violated," Schulte said, sharing her story because she said the man has deceived other women and will try again. "I feel disgusted."
Investigators and prosecutors have refused to pursue charges, saying Schulte was paid and agreed to provide the care.
Our news partner FLORIDA TODAY is not identifying him because he is not being charged.
"I consented to change his diapers, but I legitimately thought this man needed help," she said. "How can that not be a crime for him to come into my house and expose himself?"
Sgt. David Marich, head of general crimes for the North Precinct of the Brevard County Sheriff's Office, brought Schulte's case to the State Attorney's Office.
When prosecutors said there wasn't enough evidence, Marich said his office did more research to try to find some statute that was violated.
"It's a weird case," Sheriff's Lt. Tod Goodyear said. "It's really on a borderline of possibly being a fraud. He is perpetrating something there because he's doing it under a false pretense."
FLORIDA TODAY tried several times to reach the man at his Port St. John home and on a cell phone. He did not answer the door or the phone.

more at link

I hope enough women read the article so this man can't carry on the charade again. Very strange indeed!

You'd think they could get him on some type of solicitation since it was probably done because he gets some sort of sexual kicks out of diapering himself. The eighty something year old woman with incontinence was charged with indecency because she urinated beside some cop cadet building after the bank refused to let her use their restroom, but this guy doing it for perverted purposes gets off scott free. Sounds about right and the way women are treated.

OMG!

I simply cannot believe that this pervert cannot be charged with something!

In GA, a person can be charged w/ a sex crime if they do something inappropriate or deceptive for sexual gratification. My DH was on a jury that found a guy guilty of that even though there was not what most people would consider a "crime."

OMG!

I simply cannot believe that this pervert cannot be charged with something!

Maybe something like this (snipped from article) will stop him or stall him off until they can get him for something stronger?

"Schulte can go the civil suit route, Wolf said, especially because she didn't get her full pay. And Melbourne police have reopened the case, investigating whether the man used another person's credit card illegally when he paid Schulte."

(I sure hope he used someone else's credit card and a ccfraud case can be opened.)

I hope enough women read the article so this man can't carry on the charade again. Very strange indeed!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE WOMEN??? :bath:

:beamup: - Anybody in the penthouse? Air up stairs OK ? I DOUBT IT!

:praying: - I don't know what the idiots have to complain about they let these people into their home.
Did not send them to emergency room, since they did believe it was urgent. :rolleyes:
Sorry....They have STUPID cornered.

Are there allot of stupid people out there????:waitasec:
No that is not naive, gullible, or not socialized.
That is outright OUT TO LUNCH SYNDROME.

The Judge did not lock up the perv. because I don't think there was any danger for
many women to fall for that routine. At least I hope not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back