Thread: Teen Awakes From Bad Dream, Shoots Sister In Head 10 Times

Teen Awakes From Bad Dream, Shoots Sister In Head 10 Times

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Authorities in Georgia said a 14-year-old boy awoke from a bad dream and shot his stepsister in the head 10 times while she napped on the couch.

Richmond County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Peebles said Eric Lee Phillips Whitehead has been charged with murder. Whitehead is charged as an adult in the Friday afternoon death of 22-year-old Patricia Ann Troglen.

The teen told authorities he considered his stepsister to be his best friend, but he became enraged after he dreamt about an argument with her. more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20334872/detail.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

I have absolutely no knowledge of guns. So, of course, I have a stupid question.

What type of gun shoots 10 bullets? I thought with handguns you had to reload after a certain number. Sorry, but I really don't know about guns.

Strange story.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I saw this today too, WR. Completely odd - and not a lot of information. My pareysr for this family.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

The article said the kid has been in trouble before. I'm not sure I buy the dream story. But even if it was a dream that prompted him to murder his step-sister, I don't see how that would be a defense.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I have absolutely no knowledge of guns. So, of course, I have a stupid question.

What type of gun shoots 10 bullets? I thought with handguns you had to reload after a certain number. Sorry, but I really don't know about guns.

Strange story.
    I've had some gun training so I know a little about guns, not very much, but maybe this will help. A revolver would only have 6 bullets in the chamber, which revolves, and once it's empty you have to stop and reload it. Semi-automatic handguns have "magazines" that you fill with 12 (or more?) bullets and insert into the gun's handle. You would keep loaded magazines in your holster so that when the one in the gun is empty, you can quickly eject it and insert the loaded magazine.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

WHY is this type of gun, ANY type of gun, where a 14 year old that has been in and out of trouble could get it? from the wording i'm hearing he knew he wasn't dreaming any longer and was just pissed over a dream. Anyone reading any different?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

Scroll down to the 7:15PM update. It appears he also stole her car.

http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/news/crime/a..._county/18210/

(snips)
    Investigators believe that Troglen was shot as she slept on a couch in the living room of the residence. Evidence suggests that Troglen was shot as many as 10 times in the head.

Whitehead was found at a friend’s residence. Troglen’s car was also missing from the residence, and it was found abandoned at the Raceway convenience store on Gordon Hwy near I-520.

Whitehead is said to have a history of psychiatric problems, but the extent of those problems is not known at this time.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    The article said the kid has been in trouble before. I'm not sure I buy the dream story. But even if it was a dream that prompted him to murder his step-sister, I don't see how that would be a defense.
    I'm not sure I buy this story either since :

His sister was his so called "Best Friend"
    He had to reload
    He has been in trouble before.

I need more information to complete my thoughts on this story but something sounds very fishy.....

May the sister RIP and the family cope with such an ordeal.

Goz

Picture of Patrisha "Trish" Troglen. (This is her funeral announcement.) She's darling. It's so sad -- and it makes me so angry!
    http://www.deloachfuneralhomes.com/s...=123815Troglen

17. The Following User Says Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

"Eric Whitehead's biological father did contact News 12. He said:
    "I am Eric's biological father. He and I just got reunited after 13 years. He does have problems. I have noticed that by talking to him. I believe teenage hormones and peer pressures led to all that went wrong Friday morning. Eric wouldn't talk to a psychiatrist. His mom begged him and he wouldn't talk. All he could say was, I have anger and that's all I'm saying."
    http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/52797167.html

Peer pressure??? Teenage hormones???

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    I'm not sure I buy this story either since :

His sister was his so called "Best Friend"
    He had to reload
    He has been in trouble before.

I need more information to complete my thoughts on this story but something sounds very fishy.....May the sister RIP and the family cope with such an ordeal.

Goz
    BBM
    That's what I am hearing here. I'll let you all know tomorrow after I talk to a few people if there is anything interesting to tell.

Adji is 14 years old on 10-15-14 Happy Birthday Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gracenote For This Useful Post: