Grieving father finds "dead" baby ALIVE in coffin

Thank goodness the father opened the coffin. I hope this baby boy continues to do well and will thrive.

Wow! So many what ifs come to mind, but I can't speak or write any of them because they are so horrific. Thank goodness the father looked and noticed! It kind of reminds me of an Unsolved Mysteries story I saw several years ago. A newborn baby had been declared dead, and the family was holding him and taking pictures. A family member noticed small movements, but was told they were involuntary. Then they noticed his color was coming back. Finally they insisted the baby be checked again, and a heartbeat was detected. He'd been "dead" for something like a half hour!

I saw this on the news. what a blessing for this family. It makes you wonder how many others this could have been.

Wow! So many what ifs come to mind, but I can't speak or write any of them because they are so horrific. Thank goodness the father looked and noticed! It kind of reminds me of an Unsolved Mysteries story I saw several years ago. A newborn baby had been declared dead, and the family was holding him and taking pictures. A family member noticed small movements, but was told they were involuntary. Then they noticed his color was coming back. Finally they insisted the baby be checked again, and a heartbeat was detected. He'd been "dead" for something like a half hour!

Years ago while listening to Paul Harvey, he reported a similar story on air....it was about a baby boy who was stillborn.....this baby was Frank Sinatra....and this is the rest of the story????? I can not remember his tagline.

I actually cried while listening to him talking about this baby....apparently Sinatra was destined for great things....

This child in the article.....I am sure he is destined for great things in this lifetime.

I heard this baby died yesterday. Did anyone else hear that?

ETA:

Paraguay baby loses fight to live

A baby who was found alive hours after being declared dead at a hospital in Paraguay has lost his fight for life.
Angel Salvador weighed only only 500g (17.6oz) when he was born four months prematurely last week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8194262.stm

I heard this baby died yesterday. Did anyone else hear that?

ETA:

Paraguay baby loses fight to live

A baby who was found alive hours after being declared dead at a hospital in Paraguay has lost his fight for life.
Angel Salvador weighed only only 500g (17.6oz) when he was born four months prematurely last week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8194262.stm

I wonder if it's possible he would have survived if he had been recieving medical care during the time they originally thought he was dead?

I can't imagine the trauma that poor family is going through. First, your infant son passes, you're trying to cope with that when you realize he's alive! It's a miracle and you feel so blessed and thankful. Then to have him pass again. That emotional rollercoaster has to be so hard.

So sad that this baby lost the fight for his life! Bless him!
I have personally had a similar experience. I worked a s a Labor and Delivery nurse for many years. We had a couple come in after a doctors visit where it was determined that the infant would be stillborn. I will make a long story short; this baby boy was delivered, dressed, wrapped in a blanket and held by both parents he was then placed in a room where he would later be taken down to the morgue. I dont recall how long he was in there but my nursing assistant came running out of the room screaming for me "you need to come here she says, now!" She is whipsering to me on the way "I swear that baby is alive!" We walked into the room and the baby had labored breathing and a faint heart beat! I picked him up and we ran to the nursery. We worked with him for a good while, I will spare you all the details but, this baby went home 4 days after birth. They brought him up to see us many times over the years. The last time I saw him he was 5 or 6 with absolutely no delays what so ever. What a Miracle!

I can only imagine what those parents are going through loosing Angel twice. I agree it must be like an emotional roller coast to have so much hope from the miracle of the child being alive, then to loose the child again.

I can understand that the dr. may have not done the correct tests on the vital signs and thats how the fact the baby was alive was missed. But, what I don't get is I thought a body had to be embalmed before being put into a coffin for burial. Is this not true? I just don't understand how you can open a coffin and find a living baby in there.

I can understand that the dr. may have not done the correct tests on the vital signs and thats how the fact the baby was alive was missed. But, what I don't get is I thought a body had to be embalmed before being put into a coffin for burial. Is this not true? I just don't understand how you can open a coffin and find a living baby in there.

I think you need to realize this was not done here in the US. If I am remembering correctly they handed the baby over to the father in a cardboard box, similar to a shoe box. Not even a real coffin. That to my knowledge wouldn't happen here.

I worked in Labor and Delivery for 5 years. We always treated a stillborn baby with the same respect we would a live birth. Wrapping them in warm blankets, taking pictures, even footprints and Baptismal Certificate if the parent wanted the baby baptized.

A baby wouldn't be handed over to the parent in a cardboard box. On the other hand even a 1 lb baby wouldn't be handed over to the parents to walk out of the hospital with. S/he would go via the mortuary. (at least in CA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back