Judge sentences man to 6 months in jail for yawning!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Judge sentences man to 6 months in jail for yawning
6-month term given by judge who has doled out the most charges of contempt in Will

By Steve Schmadeke Tribune reporter
August 10, 2009

Clifton Williams arrived at the Will County Courthouse in Joliet and sat in the fourth-floor courtroom where his cousin was pleading guilty to a felony drug charge.

As Circuit Judge Daniel Rozak handed down the cousin's sentence -- 2 years' probation -- Williams, 33, stretched and let out a very ill-timed yawn.

Williams' sentence? Six months in jail -- the maximum penalty for criminal contempt without a jury trial. The Richton Park man was locked up July 23 and will serve at least 21 days.

I'd need to know a lot more about this but if it was obnoxiously loud then good for the judge!! :clap:

I was held 48 hours for cracking my knuckles. TOTAL bs. I was waiting in court 8 hours and did it twice. didn't say anyting that morning. that afternoon he ordered me to 48 hours. i was LIVID!

My cousin got thrown in jail for several days when he was a teen after he interrupted the judge. My aunt, whom I've never seen angry or in a bad mood my whole life was so upset that she broke the door as she left. She was forced to go back and apologize to the judge and lucky not to have been arrested herself. Judges can be half nuts IMO.

My cousin got thrown in jail for several days when he was a teen after he interrupted the judge. My aunt, whom I've never seen angry or in a bad mood my whole life was so upset that she broke the door as she left. She was forced to go back and apologize to the judge and lucky not to have been arrested herself. Judges can be half nuts IMO.

Ever watch Judge Judy? :crazy: She comes across to me as someone who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. There are a lot of times people say things that are completely sensible to me after having roommates and low paying jobs and yet she says they don't make sense and therefore they're not true. She doesn't seem to understand how things work beneath an ivory tower.

Judge Milian is much better and so is the show. She explains the laws that apply to the case and only zings people when they really deserve it. She is much looser and has a good sense of humor. Harvey Levin adds good commentary and they get, literally, the person on the streets opinions.

Judge Mathis is pretty good and IMO, after the PC he's the best. JJ's popularity stems, IMO, much like a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back