Thread: Research - Missing Females 1950 - 1960

Research - Missing Females 1950 - 1960

This is important for an ongoing research project

Looking to create a missing data base of girls/women missing from 1950 - 1960. Reported to law enforcement or not.

Please list here pertaining information:

Name, age, date of birth, missing date, location and any other information available.

Contacted me privately if you have confidential information or want to remain anonymous.

Thank you

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Charley Project has a feature that lets you view the cases in chronological order. It starts with Pre-60's and then moves up by decade. You would have to wade through to pick out the females but it provides you with a good starting point.

http://www.charleyproject.org/chron/index.html
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I am interested in missing people from that area too and have a few 'favorites' which I find very interesting.

Mary Shotwell Little - missing since 1965
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/little_mary.html
    http://www.buckhead.net/history/mystery/msl_a.html
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3996598"]Mary Shotwell Little, 25, Missing 14 October 1965 from Atlanta, GA - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Evelyn Hartley - Missing since 1953 when she was abducted while baby-sitting:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ey_evelyn.html
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9532"]Evelyn Hartley-Vanished While Babysitting in 1953 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The 3 women who vanished from Indiana Dunes State Park 1966
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._patricia.html
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

There was a little girl that went missing from Tyrone, PA by the name of Kathy Shea. This was during the time frame you are researching. I will get the details and post here, I am not on my own computer, and this computer is very slow. But I will post back.

Kathy Shea - missing female from Tyrone, PA. DOB - 2-2-1959; Date missing - 03-18-1965. Age of disappearance - 6 years. I lived in a nearby area, and was 9 years old when she disappeared. It was the only case that got such media attention in my area while I was growing up, and most kids my age were scared to death. This case has been cold for years, and I have researched it many times, and have no found anything of any significance. Hope you find more.

Unreported Missing

Thank you for your suggestions and help. The Charley Project is a great reference but more are needed.

I am guessing there are families out there with missing loved ones, but because law enforcement back then did not take missing serious someone who went missing, "it is a family matter, they will return" was the usual law enforcement answer. They may not be any formal police report. But newspapers are.

So if anyone is scouring old newspapers for missing people from that time frame, give me a shout. "We" are interested
    "The answers are out there... but who has 'em?"

Marcella Krulce, 30, disappeared from the Martinique Apartments on Baum Blvd. in Pittsburgh on November 20, 1959. She was a diabetic and her insulin and syringes were found in her apartment along with her clothes and other belongings. She was a native of Canonsburg, PA.

Three years, in Pittsburgh's most famous missing persons case, Mary Ann Verdecchia, age 10, disappeared. She was last seen in the Martinique Apartments. While Mary Ann 's dates lie outside your area of interest, it is certainly suggestive that two cases in which females (albeit of different ages) disappeared without a trace are linked to this apartment building. If you find any connection between Marcella and the others in your time period, I would surely like to know about it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by talelights View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions and help. The Charley Project is a great reference but more are needed.

I am guessing there are families out there with missing loved ones, but because law enforcement back then did not take missing serious someone who went missing, "it is a family matter, they will return" was the usual law enforcement answer. They may not be any formal police report. But newspapers are.

So if anyone is scouring old newspapers for missing people from that time frame, give me a shout. "We" are interested
    How has this progressed? Are you still working on this?

Still searching for a list of missing females from the 1950's. I am looking for missing women that may never have been listed by Law enforcement departments. I am sure there are families out there looking for missing loved ones and other avenues for information exposures.

NamUs is a good source but not sure it is searchable by time frame yet.
    "The answers are out there... but who has 'em?"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to talelights For This Useful Post:

Are you interested I any from Canada? There qe
    ~Takk skal du ha ~