CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
This was posted on Nancy's Facebook Page so I looked up the local news paper in Oakland to find articles:

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN?ref=nf

20090811_072930_missing_GALLERY.jpg

Missing boy identified as 5-year-old Hassani Campbell of Fremont
By Kristin Bender and Sean Maher
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 08/11/2009 07:54:44 AM PDT
Updated: 08/11/2009 10:07:51 AM PDT

OAKLAND — More than a dozen police continue to search this morning for a missing boy with cerebral palsy who was last seen in Oakland Monday afternoon.

Five-year-old Hassani Campbell of Fremont was reported missing from the 6000 block of College Avenue at around 4:15 p.m., according to the Oakland police youth services unit.

Witnesses told police Campbell was in Oakland with a family friend, who was dropping off another child to Campbell's aunt.

Campbell was left in the car, a newer model BMW, while the man took the other child into the aunt's home. The boy, who wears braces on both legs, was gone when the man returned, witnesses said. TV footage shot last night showed the car being towed.

Read more: http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_13036933

This story has a lot of holes in it. A dad (who owns a nice BMW) is uncaring enough to leave his disabled son in the car on an 80 degree day; car was parked in back of the shop where the mom works, in a nice section of Oakland, CA--goes into the shop so he can open the back door of the shop to let his son in, and when he opens the door, finds the boy "missing" ? WTH? Makes no sense. Why didn't he just carry the boy into the front door? How could a boy with leg braces disappear into thin air so quickly?

Such an adorable little guy....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/11/BASU19716O.DTL

Wow, he is adorable! I'm thinking he never got driven to the store in the first place.

It was a caretaker - not the father, according to updated media (see link in post 1).

Aunt has custody and worked at the shoe store.

This poor baby. I wonder where he is and what the caretaker did with him?

Salem

Nobody saw a 5 year old boy alone or resisting in the area? Makes me wonder if the boy was even in that car at that time. :(

It was a caretaker - not the father, according to updated media (see link in post 1).

Aunt has custody and worked at the shoe store.

This poor baby. I wonder where he is and what the caretaker did with him?

Salem

You are correct! Here's a link with the right information . Strange situation with neither parent having custody--I have an icky feeling the caretaker or her fiance decided he was too hard to care for and got rid of him? Or maybe the birth father grabbed him (but I doubt it).
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13036933

I wonder how old Hassani's sister is? If she is old enough to talk I wonder if the police have talked to her, since she was in the car when they all went to the shoe store....She could tell them if Hassani was even in the car...

There's a discussion of this going on in the Missing/Discussion thread. Maybe we should go over there since this looks to be ongoing.:grouphug:

So the "caretaker" was his aunt's fiancee?? I don't think Hassani was in the car anymore at the time the fiancee pulled up to her workplace. It's like echoes of a hundred cases in the Missing forum are calling out in this report.

Whenever I hear about a child being left in the car for a few minutes and magically disappearing in that time my hinky meter goes on overdrive.

Wish there was more information. I'm curious what type of braces Hassani wears.

I agree Steadfast. Can't help but wonder when a child goes missing while in the care of a Boyfriend/Girlfriend.

This story has a lot of holes in it. A dad (who owns a nice BMW) is uncaring enough to leave his disabled son in the car on an 80 degree day; car was parked in back of the shop where the mom works, in a nice section of Oakland, CA--goes into the shop so he can open the back door of the shop to let his son in, and when he opens the door, finds the boy "missing" ? WTH? Makes no sense. Why didn't he just carry the boy into the front door? How could a boy with leg braces disappear into thin air so quickly?

Such an adorable little guy....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/11/BASU19716O.DTL

This story breaks my heart and infuriates me at the same time. Count me in the camp that believes the boy was never driven to this location in the first place.

So many parallels to the case of Christian Ferguson - there's even a slight resemblance between the two little boys.

Nancy Grace is covering this case tonight.

It really is hard for me to understand how nobody saw him being abducted (if he was) and it doesn't make any sense that he'd be able to leave the car and "run away". Someone on Nancy's show brought up the point that the store has handicapped access to the front door also so there wasn't any reason to be parked in the back.

Nancy is questioning if anyone knows for sure that the boy was ever in the car. A reporter is saying that sources close to the case are saying that there is no reason not to believe the foster dad's story at this point.

NG is covering this right now.

I'm watching her!

It really is hard for me to understand how nobody saw him being abducted (if he was) and it doesn't make any sense that he'd be able to leave the car and "run away". Someone on Nancy's show brought up the point that the store has handicapped access to the front door also so there wasn't any reason to be parked in the back.

Nancy is questioning if anyone knows for sure that the boy was ever in the car. A reporter is saying that sources close to the case are saying that there is no reason not to believe the foster dad's story at this point. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo