Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    BBM

One that the owner of which doesn't know his store is being used this way, I reckon...
    Yeah, I found it odd the employer didn't know about it.

But still, it's not like it was a high rise office or anything. It's a shoe store where customers with kids and strollers are the norm. If she was trying to "hide" the kids, did she put them in the back, while she worked in the front?

O/T: I am been extremely fortunate that I have been able to bring my kids with me to work in my office whenever I needed to. I brought my 2 oldest DS to work everyday for several months after I went back after maternity leave. Now, I mostly work from home, but I still bring them with me sometimes to meetings, if they're sick or have a school break.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    Yeah, I found it odd the employer didn't know about it.

But still, it's not like it was a high rise office or anything. It's a shoe store where customers with kids and strollers are the norm. If she was trying to "hide" the kids, did she put them in the back, while she worked in the front?

O/T: I am been extremely fortunate that I have been able to bring my kids with me to work in my office whenever I needed to. I brought my 2 oldest DS to work everyday for several months after I went back after maternity leave. Now, I mostly work from home, but I still bring them with me sometimes to meetings, if they're sick or have a school break.
    Yes, people like us are pretty fortunate to be able to bring kids to work.

I was thinking that perhaps she didn't want other business owners around to see the same guy with a stroller too many times, and ask the boss or something?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/...4771250195209/

Ross insisted he and his fiancee, who is the boy's aunt, have cooperated fully with investigators even after being tabbed as potential suspects in the child's disappearance.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    He's driving a beemer and she's taking the bus.....six months pregnant....with two small children? WTH?
    The late model beemer is bothering me for many reasons. If you can afford a late model beemer and a house in today's economy, then you shouldn't have to take two children to a place of work. There should be money for an in house sitter so as not to disrupt the children's routine or the mom's work schedule.
    There are different reports on whether Hassani was left in the car or outside the car by the back door. Beemers are usually not left unlocked, so if he was in the car and it was locked there is no way of either him getting out or being taken out w/o alarms going off.
    Too many unanswered questions and different spins on the story to make any sense out of this at this point.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Missing boy's foster father talks to ABC7
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 | 12:57 PM
    <snipped>
    Family members of a missing disabled Fremont boy are hoping someone can help find him. Police say 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell was last seen in Oakland two days ago. He has cerebral palsy, but family members say he doesn't have leg braces on the outside of his pants.

Louis Ross took a polygraph test on Wednesday, but the child's foster mother is refusing. He refuses to discuss the outcome, citing the police investigation.
    Jennifer Campbell is pregnant and declined a polygraph test, fearing the stress could hurt her unborn baby.
    Louis Ross spoke to ABC7 Wednesday night and said a critical description of his son is wrong. He says Hasanni does not wear metal leg braces on the outside of his pants.

"So that story being put out there... think about the time that was lost. People could be looking at our son and not realizing it was him because the key discriminator was metal leg braces," said Ross.

Oakland Police Sgt. Ray Blackman told ABC7 Wednesday that they did not have any solid leads or suspects.

Police say the couple is cooperating with the investigation but they will not say whether they have taken a polygraph test. Investigators plan to search the Rockridge area for a second day in a row hoping for new leads.

"Primarily, this is a missing person's case. But, we would be neglecting in our duties if we discounted that foul play may have occurred," said Ray.

VIDEO: Jennifer Campbell Speaks To ABC7
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962708

VIDEO: Foster Parents Speak To ABC7
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962713

VIDEO: Louis Ross Speaks To ABC7
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962712

VIDEO: Police Search Park, Home For Disabled Boy
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962291

VIDEO: FBI Search Freemont Home
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6960645

VIDEO: FBI Seaches Missing Boys Home
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6960432

Article:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=6961528
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Missing Boy's Family Cooperates With Police as Search Continues
    8/13/2009 12:10:00 PM
    <snipped>
    Oakland attorney John Burris says he was contacted earlier this week by Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, the foster parents of Hassani Campbell, because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

Hassani was reported missing from the 6000 block of College Avenue at around 4:15 p.m. Monday, Oakland police said.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

Burris said that Ross, the Hassani's foster father, was the last person to see the boy before he went missing. Burris has recommended that the parents "be cooperative so the police can rule them out and go about trying to find Hassani."

Article:
    http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVie...s/Default.aspx

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

I'm trying really hard to put myself in these people's shoes, in the unlikely event what Ross says is true....

If this WAS what happened; They would know that I myself saw the child unharmed that morning because I would be shouting it from the rooftops and no one would shut me up. And like it or not, with all of the "Hasanni WOULD NOT wander off" from my significant other, I would HAVE to consider him suspect myself because HE was the one responsible for that child's welfare at that time he vanished. Blame, I'm sorry, I'm one to place it if it's warranted. Interrogation by LE? Sheesh, I'd be beating him in the head to get answers if my man told all of these conflicting stories(unless I was involved or I was brain dead).
    I don't believe this child was abducted unless he was abducted by someone they knew who knew their routine, was following Ross on August 10th, or was waiting for him to do exactly what he says he did, leaving Hasanni by the car. Talk about a slim window of opportunity, wow.
    The flip side is that she participated in 'making the child go away' on some level. If she did, then that means she went to work that day and played her routine down to the letter just like she normally did. If so....these people have ice water running through their veins IMO.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Dumb freakin question. Are we sure that he is the owner of the Beemer? Is it his, is it leased, is it owned by someone else in the family?
    The only reason I ask is that at a particularly bad place in my fiancee's life, he drove a brand new malibu bought for him by his grandmother. For the record, he also lived in it.

So the car isn't striking me odd and I am not even taking it as a sign of their overall financial position until I know for a fact that they own it and whether or not they are still paying it off.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I realize that LE said we shouldn't read anything into 6 homicide investigators (one of whom is assigned full time) being called in on this 'missing child' case, but I can't help it. It just sounds very ominous to me.
    Last edited by Paintr; 08-13-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8322943

Foster father pleads for safe return of missing California boy with cerebral palsy

As many as 70 officers from several law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have joined the search for Hasanni. They scoured parts of Oakland and searched numerous areas, including nearby parkland and his foster parents' home in Fremont.

"It has been nonstop," Oakland police Sgt. Ray Backman said. "Given that it's a 5-year-old boy, time is a critical factor for us."

The boy is still considered a missing person, not a kidnap victim, Backman said. Investigators were working with no significant clues and a limited amount of tips, he said.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Dumb freakin question. Are we sure that he is the owner of the Beemer? Is it his, is it leased, is it owned by someone else in the family?
    The only reason I ask is that at a particularly bad place in my fiancee's life, he drove a brand new malibu bought for him by his grandmother. For the record, he also lived in it.

So the car isn't striking me odd and I am not even taking it as a sign of their overall financial position until I know for a fact that they own it and whether or not they are still paying it off.

Not a dumb question at all NMK, I agree 100%. For me it's not so much what make the car is. What upsets me is that he was using the car and left Jennifer A) to work while managing two small children an six months pregnant, and B) to drag two small children around on public transportation with a big ole baby bump, and C) that A and B seem inconsiderate and self serving. Why couldn't he take the bus from Shuz to his class and then have Jen pick HIM up?

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    I realize that LE said we shouldn't read anything into 6 homicide investigatores (one of whom is assigned full time) being called in on this 'missing child' case, but I can't help it. It just sounds very ominous to me.
    Actually NOT a dumb question. Could also be a company car, except that "consultant" kind of connotes "self-employed".

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_13052778

An Oakland homicide investigator has been assigned to the case full-time, according to Oakland Police Sgt. Ray Backman.

"It's not unusual in such cases," Backman said. "We're not discounting any possibilities."
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...o83PgD9A27VI80

Dropping the kids with Campbell is a family routine, Ross said. When he opened the rear passenger door for Hasanni, he said, the boy was unbuckling his seat belt.

"I said, 'Hasanni, go wait by the back door,' and he had already taken a first step out of the car," Ross said.

Ross said he grabbed Hasanni's sister and went to the front of the store and told Campbell to open the back door. He then went back to the parking lot.

"When I got to back there (Campbell) was already there. She says to me, 'Where's Hasanni?'" Ross said. "I said, 'What do you mean?' I look to see if he's standing along by the car, but he's not."
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

This article also states again that Ross refuses to discuss the results of the LD test. If you passed, why not say so?
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Actually NOT a dumb question. Could also be a company car, except that "consultant" kind of connotes "self-employed".
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...o83PgD9A27VI80

Ross said he was heading for an orientation at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto and then to his twice-weekly medical assistant class in Fremont.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

So, maybe she wasn't done work, afterall. I assumed she was done work at 4-ish and was going to take the kids home while the dad went to class...

I bring my baby to work with me when I can, but I'm not in customer service, and I mostly do my work at home anyway (just take him to my office hours for students and to meetings). Who would risk having to watch two (possibly soon three) children while trying to serve in a store, unless they owned the place and had employees there? Must not be a very busy store.
    I'm in the same situation as you and do feel very fortunate. I don't, however, believe it was routine for JC to have her kids at work. I'm sure her boss would've been aware of this and not surprised, as he said. It also seems hinky hinky to me that LR would leave his 6 month pregnant wife with a baby and a handicapped child at her work to then have to make a not very easy trip home on public transportation. Doesn't stick, imo.

I wonder if any of the employees around the shoe store reported the two of them looking for Hassani? If he had disappeared, I would think the first thing they would do would go shop to shop looking and asking questions. Did any shoppers report two frantic parents calling his name?
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    This article also states again that Ross refuses to discuss the results of the LD test. If you passed, why not say so?
    They might not have told him if he passed or not, or it might have been inconclusive and his lawyer told him not to talk about it.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Not a dumb question at all NMK, I agree 100%. For me it's not so much what make the car is. What upsets me is that he was using the car and left Jennifer A) to work while managing two small children an six months pregnant, and B) to drag two small children around on public transportation with a big ole baby bump, and C) that A and B seem inconsiderate and self serving. Why couldn't he take the bus from Shuz to his class and then have Jen pick HIM up?
    Oh, now there I agree. The use of the car is still hinky to me. And I think that if there isn't a very good reason for her to hauling herself all over town on the bus, then this might be a sign of foster dad's personality...all about him. And if that is the case, then I worry that Hassani might have taken some me time from good old dad and the rest is history.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Meanwhile, Oakland attorney John Burris said that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Jennifer Campbell, Hassani's foster mother, because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance . . . . . The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

So they're pouting because LE is asking questions about their missing child? They were the last ones to see him and they are surprised LE would ask questions? Sounds ridiculous to me. If my child were missing, I don't care how many questions LE had of me, I'd answer them all as quickly and honestly as possible, not call a lawyer.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

What happened to the Mark Klaas' of the world?

What happened to the parent's begging LE to test them so that they can get on with the business of finding their child? If one of my kids were ever to go missing, or even a child that I cared about, I would be the first one in line telling them that I don't want one extra minute of time wasted on investigating me and my background when they could be out focusing on finding the person that took my child. Period.

Was the instinct to put our kids ahead of ourselves just bred out of humanity at some point? Are we the minority now?

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I stand corrected. I apologize. If in fact Ross was headed to SUMC for orientation from Shuz, it's almost an hour's drive. If I were Jen, I wouldn't want to get off work and then drive for a total of two hours to pick Ross up from SUMC either. I'm gonna go try and pull my foot out of my mouth now.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

It's possible she doesn't have her license, either.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

We've heard nothing about daycare or a babysitter have we?

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

I stand corrected. I apologize. If in fact Ross was headed to SUMC for orientation from Shuz, it's almost an hour's drive. If I were Jen, I wouldn't want to get off work and then drive for a total of two hours to pick Ross up from SUMC either. I'm gonna go try and pull my foot out of my mouth now.
    I have special grease for foot removal...you can borrow some if you would like.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

If he truly is a "consultant" then he probably is status-conscious or his job depends on making a showing of prosperity (even if he isn't prosperous!). It's still mighty self-serving and I totally agree with you.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast