Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    UPDATED: Oakland homicide detective joins search for missing Fremont boy
    Posted: 08/13/2009 09:20:56 PM PDT
    Updated: 08/13/2009 09:31:20 PM PDT
    <snipped>
    An Oakland homicide detective has been assigned to the case of Hassani Campbell, the 5-year-old disabled Fremont boy who was reported missing Monday afternoon, police said.

Oakland police Sgt. Ray Backman, a department spokesman, said such a move is not unusual in missing-persons cases.

The move came a day after Louis Ross, the boy's foster father, took a polygraph test. Ross has declined to discuss the results.

"All I know is he told me he answered all the questions truthfully," said Oakland civil rights attorney John Burris, who is advising Ross and the boy's foster mother, Jennifer Campbell.

Also Thursday, Oakland police returned to the city's Rockridge neighborhood, trying to talk to people who were not at home during previous search attempts. A CHP helicopter in the air and police on the ground searched Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont, but it was unknown whether anything significant was found.

No independent witnesses have come forward to report seeing the boy Monday in Oakland, police said.

Police have spoken to boy's biological parents, Shemika L. Campbell and Ronald Hughes, both of San Francisco, but have not released details about those talks. The boy's sister was taken into protective custody Monday.

Article:
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13064980

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    5 year old abducted from car? 2:55
    [ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/08/11/ng.boy.abducted.cnn[/ame]

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Off Topic to the discussion:

Has anyone else tried to look up info on the foster father? Just to see what could be found in various databases? I can't find L. W. Ross on any sites. Period. Not intelius, not veromi...etc.

Did anyone else find him? Or the Aunt/Foster mother for that matter? TIA I'm very confused.
    Hi Kat! Hope you and your family are doing great!!!!

I ran a background check with the name Louis W. Ross, in San Mateo, Ca. and I got nothing. I ran another leaving San Mateo out and I got a check for a Louis W. Ross, age 65, living with his wife? 63yo. at the very same address as foster dad and fiance live, on N. Fremont St..

Don't know if they are living with his parents or other family members. Don't know for sure if the Ross' didn't sell their home to Ross Jr. Will keep on checking.

when doing a criminal check, I come up with the name in LA but have NO idea if the person is related. That's it..
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jericai117 View Post
    he's not a medical assistant yet...he's a student. he was an engineer and got laid-off and went back to school to support his family. I know this because he was in my class and I believe he's innocent and he can never harm anyone especially not his "son"
    Glad to have you aboard jeri..

:Welcome-12-june:

We're somewhat cynical and brash sometimes, but you'll find that we're usually the first to admit when we're wrong. Several of us wear flavored shoes because it makes it easier after spending so much time with your foot in your mouth. I do hope you're right and that Ross isn't involved.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

While at the gas station today, I saw two parents park on the side of the convenience store, exit their truck, and leave their two young girls in the back seat alone. Even though I'm not sure I buy that Hassani disappeared from his car or alley or whatever the story is now, it made me think of him. And I had to sit there until the "parents" came back out of the store.

Praying Hassani is found soon.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Jennifer is the sister of Shameika(sp?) who is Hasanni's bio~mom. Knowing that Shameika and Hasanni both suffer from varying degree's of CP, is it also possible or even likely that Jennifer too has CP?

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I saw one in Heraldsburg CA also. Middle name was misspelled as welshun IIRC. I thought it might have been him but I can't be sure yet.

Did a search with that middle name and came up nana, Jules. This is kind of odd IMHO.
    Kat I found this to be his full name: Louis Welton Ross, 38

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0O6AtghY1

& from this article too!

Link:
    http://www.crimenews2000.com/news.php?extend.1395.4
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ETA: is what Zaba People Search show for a Louis Welton Ross:
    http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?snam...one=&int_var=3

Link with other family members names included in it:
    http://www.intelius.com/search-summa...?ReportType=1&

It is him cause it show his address as Freemont CA!

Does anyone have an acct. with them so that we can get his date of bith for sleuthin & for our astrologers to use for charting him? TIA

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 08-14-2009 at 01:41 AM.
    -- Angel Blessing

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Has anyone ever read a case where a child was abducted from a car, and it turned out to be a true story? The only ones I can think of are when cars are stollen and the perp doesn't realize the child is in the car. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I just don't see it happening. It would be so risky with the parent right inside the building. They could walk out at any time.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    Has anyone ever read a case where a child was abducted from a car, and it turned out to be a true story? The only ones I can think of are when cars are stollen and the perp doesn't realize the child is in the car. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I just don't see it happening. It would be so risky with the parent right inside the building. They could walk out at any time.

I have a couple that I can think of, no links, going by memory, but both of them that I can think of were parental kidnaps, and this doesn't seem to be the case here.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    Jennifer is the sister of Shameika(sp?) who is Hasanni's bio~mom. Knowing that Shameika and Hasanni both suffer from varying degree's of CP, is it also possible or even likely that Jennifer too has CP?
    Cerebal Palsy is not hereditary and it is probably a coincidence that they both have it. One cause is birth accidents. I also heard that premature babies are more likely to develope it.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking
    2557 W Winton Avenue, # 7G, Hayward, CA
    Services: Recycling, Dismantling
    Hours of Operation: 7 Days A Week Daily Everyday
    Payment Options: MasterCard, Discover, VISA

Business Categories: Auto Parts Retail, Auto Recycling & Dismantling, Circuit Breakers

found it reading signs at this video.... http://www.crimenews2000.com/news.php?extend.1395.4

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    If I remember correctly - Polly Klass was taken right from her bedroom...so was Haleigh in Florida. If a perp wants a child...nothing will stop him. A car parked in a small back lot with an open trunk that blocks the view. Could very well be. my own opinion - this is not the case here.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Here's the auto salvage yard where they searched

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Found this on Jennifer Campbell & the year of graduation would match with it being 1998 for her age of 30! If my math is correct tonight. Sorry having some fibro fog brain tonight! LOL

Jennifer Doty (Campbell)
    Washington High School
    Fremont, CA

Class of 1998

http://www.classmates.com/directory/...gId=8703180228

I'm not a member of Classmates on-line. I'm trying to find her birthdate for our astrologers & for sleuthin. It appears she was married once before!

ETA: Unless this is The OB-GYN DR. Jennifer Campbell that does practice in Fremont, CA!!!

ETA: Nope the OB-GYN's middle initial is C.! again again!!!

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 08-14-2009 at 03:17 AM.
    -- Angel Blessing

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Found this on Jennifer Campbell & the year of graduation would match with it being 1998 for her age of 30! If my math is correct tonight. Sorry having some fibro fog brain tonight! LOL

Jennifer Doty (Campbell)
    Washington High School
    Fremont, CA

Class of 1998

http://www.classmates.com/directory/...gId=8703180228

I'm not a member of Classmates on-line. I'm trying to find her birthdate for our astrologers & for sleuthin. It appears she was married once before!

ETA: Unless this is The OB-GYN DR. Jennifer Campbell that does practice in Fremont, CA!!!

ETA: Nope the OB-GYN's middle initial is C.! again again!!!

You looked like you were havin' so much fun, I thought I'd join ya

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post

You looked like you were havin' so much fun, I thought I'd join ya
    Thanks Shutterfly I needed that laugh tonight.... fibro flare is really flared up tonight ...muscle pain & spasms are driving me
    Along with hitting deadends on searching for their date of births.
    I just have to do this again....

-- Angel Blessing

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

AWC I am really beginning to think Ross is a ghost. I found one court record for Jennifer M, in San Francisco, but it's sealed so I can't get POO off of it. I did find a phone at 5997...that's in Jen's name.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Foster Father Makes Plea For Missing Boy
    Posted: 4:38 pm PDT August 13, 2009
    Updated: 12:21 am PDT August 14, 2009
    <snipped>
    Ross said he had parked in the back of the store and gone around to the front to tell his fiancÚ to open the back door to get Hasanni. He said this is something he's done every Monday and Wednesday for months.

But Ross said when he returned to the parking lot, Hasanni was gone. He said he looked up and down the street and called 911 when he couldn't find him.

In an interview with KTVU, Ross said he believes someone took Hasanni and he had a message for them.

"Drop him off anywhere. My son he wouldn't realize; he wouldn't remember you,” said Ross. "People have come in and out of his life all his life. Drop him off, let him go, don't harm him. And you know what? I will leave it like that. The biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is I screwed up."

He also said he and his fiancÚ spent five hours searching with police for the boy. Then they were with the Oakland officers being questioned for another 12 hours.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

Burris said that Ross, Hassani's foster father, was the last person to see the boy before he went missing. Burris said he recommended that the parents just "be cooperative so the police can rule them out and go about trying to find Hassani."

The FBI has joined Oakland police in the search.

"We're pretty much in our holding pattern right now," Backman said. "During daylight hours we're going to continue to canvas and search. We'll scale back the search at nighttime, and resume it again at daylight."

VIDEO~OAKLAND: Missing Boy's Family Has High Hopes Hassani Campbell Will Be Found
    http://www.ktvu.com/video/20391510/index.html

Article:
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/20390807/detail.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    VIDEO: Search For Missing Boy Intensifies
    http://serve.castfire.com/video/1405...-14-011156.mp4

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 08-14-2009 at 04:07 AM.
    -- Angel Blessing

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

According to the last video report I just posted.......the only other last time Hassani was seen, by someone other by JC or LR, was at a family gathering on August 5th!!!

ETA: O/T Drew Peterson has a court hearing today for a change of venue, for those following the Stacy Peterson case! It's D-Day for him to try to change it due to media exposure....LOL IMHO his OWN media exposure ....I highly doubt that he'll get his trial moved from Will County! Sorry for going off topic all!

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 08-14-2009 at 04:18 AM.
    -- Angel Blessing

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    If this was a routine that they had it would have been easy for a pedphile to plan to grab him . I hope the community can help search. I just saw the dad on the Nancy Grace show and I don't feel he is responsible. He went over what he did and what happened and it was different from what was reported. I can certainly see myself doing the same thing.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    According to the last video report I just posted.......the only other last time Hassani was seen, by someone other by JC or LR, was at a family gathering on August 5th!!!

ETA: O/T Drew Peterson has a court hearing today for a change of venue, for those following the Stacy Peterson case! It's D-Day for him to try to change it due to media exposure....LOL IMHO his OWN media exposure ....I highly doubt that he'll get his trial moved from Will County! Sorry for going off topic all!

Hi Angel...sorry you aren't feeling well. O/T regarding Drew Peterson, I live in Illinois and I can honestly say there isn't a place on planet Earth he could move the trial to where people feel he's innocent...although the new Heresay law in Illinois has many worried about Constitutional rights.
    Take care of yourself Angel!

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    If this was a routine that they had it would have been easy for a pedphile to plan to grab him . I hope the community can help search. I just saw the dad on the Nancy Grace show and I don't feel he is responsible. He went over what he did and what happened and it was different from what was reported. I can certainly see myself doing the same thing.
    tiredblondy: He just looks so guilty 'cause of his arrogance and inconsistent timeline, and being the last to see the child. However, you are so right. There is a pattern, a routine, and a vulnerable child, all of which, make it easy for a pedophile to plan his mode of attack. Seems to me LE are covering all possibilities in this case...they have to.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

I know Ross has a cell phone but I don't know if it's prepaid. Somehow I doubt it. I have a question. If he has a prepaid phone vs. a phone on a plan, would LE still be able to ping it?
    Oh, and maybe Ross' phone was left in the car when he got to the store, and he hadn't called Jen to open the door, because he had it off to keep it from being pinged and then forgot to turn it back on. I'm betting he had to turn that phone on to call LE when he retrieved it from the car. He'll say he keeps it off to conserve battery life, I'm sure.
    I'd like to talk to the person he supposedly had the 'earlier appointment' with on Monday too.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

I saw Ross on Nancy Grace and I felt sorry for him. I want him to be innocent of any harm against his son, I do. Is it possible the inconsistent reports are not Ross telling a different story, but bad reporting?

What I want to know is if this is a normal routine, was walking around to the front part of that routine, or was that just that day because "he was in a hurry". If he normally, called or knocked on the back door, or rang a delivery buzzer except for this one time, then all bets are off for me. If he normally walked around to the front, while I think is in very poor judgement with a disabled 5 year old, I am ok with the story.

Also, if it was a normal routine, then I can see the possibility of a stranger abduction. Someone who has witnessed this routine and knew the boy would be left alone for a matter of minutes. But this hinges on whether the walking around to the front was part of the routine.

What bothered me about Nancy Grace appearance was he seemed more concerned with using his time to clear his own name rather than plead for the return of the boy. Somebody has to have seen something if a small 5 year old is just wandering the streets.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pegatha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    Hi LaLaw! You'll get the very first pair, autographed! LOL!
    AWWW. thanks so much! Size 7.5 please!

**May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

50. The Following User Says Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast