Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I wonder if this attorney just wanted press? I find it very odd that he is discussing what he discussed with a prospective client, and I find his advice very odd as well.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

ETA- He is a civil rights attorney and defense firm, specializing in rights violations, police misconduct, racial profiling, which makes the advise not to be dismayed by being aggressively interrogated? Oh and BTW the front page of his site has his book for sale.
    I'm surprised that they're surprised that police wanted to interrogate them.
    Does everything have to be about race ?
    They think I did something to the kid because I'm black ??
    How ridiculous.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    The aunt states in one video that they (I suppose meaning she and Ross) had just gotten Hassani's room ready for him - that he was getting a new room. Well, if Hassani has been with the two of them for 9 months (she states this), where has he slept prior to that? Just seems an odd statement to make is all.
    Your post respectfully snipped.

The new room could be an excuse for fresh paint...just sayin....

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    This would be a siting of Hassani after the family siting days before 911 is called, no? And what is he doing at a scrap yard? He has a newer model BMW and she takes the bus?
    Yes--so this would prove he was still alive after Aug. 6-- I think something happened to him on Aug 10...I guess my point is that something made him cry, and it probably drove LR over the edge. Maybe LR made Hasanni cry because he was at wits' end, reprimanded him or whatever, and the whole situation escalated.

Seems like if he is doing things like going to scrap yards, LR probably is not employed and is a "mister mom" or whatever it's called. Unless he really is a "consultant" and has lots of free time.

I don't know if the fact that he has the car means anything negative about him--they may have decided that for convenience, with the 2 kids, and one of them disabled, he should have the car. Just guessing, of course. And still--taking a bus from Fremont to Oakland every day must be brutal!
    It also just occurred to me...she would have had to get home on public transportation in the evenings with the children.....must be a nightmare with baby equipment in tow, etc.
    Last edited by Columbo; 08-15-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add comment

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    To take the stroller out?
    That occurred to me, too--but then, leaving the trunk open would be an invitation for someone to come over and look inside the trunk. Would leaving it open be an indication he was in panic mode?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Yes--so this would prove he was still alive after Aug. 6-- I think something happened to him on Aug 10...I guess my point is that something made him cry, and it probably drove LR over the edge. Maybe LR made Hasanni cry because he was at wits' end, reprimanded him or whatever, and the whole situation escalated.

Seems like if he is doing things like going to scrap yards, LR probably is not employed and is a "mister mom" or whatever it's called. Unless he really is a "consultant" and has lots of free time.

I don't know if the fact that he has the car means anything negative about him--they may have decided that for convenience, with the 2 kids, and one of them disabled, he should have the car. Just guessing, of course. And still--taking a bus from Fremont to Oakland every day must be brutal!
    It also just occurred to me...she would have had to get home on public transportation in the evenings with the children.....must be a nightmare with baby equipment in tow, etc.
    Just a thought but maybe her car was out of commission and he was going to fix it--hence the trip to junk yard. In the meantime she took the bus?

But I still don't understand a lot of things. When he tells Nancy Grace how they ended up with the children, he acts like they were just a family that his fiance wanted to help ---never even mentions that they were her niece and nephew. To me it kind of sounds like they didn't really want to take them either--"we basically agreed to take them". Also, if you take one child with you to the front, you take both--like he didn't want to leave the baby alone in car seat but it was okay to leave Hassani--wrong answer IMO! He says the braces are only on to create an arch for his foot--they didn't interfere with his walking--so why isn't he walking along?

And who gets laid off from work and continues to drive a BMW? Logic would tell me to sell it & get a couple decent used vehicles for both to use. (not to mention recently buying a 4 bedroom home- unless they had money from 2 individual homes that they put together, I guess) Note: that new bedroom for Hassani was because they recently moved into the home, so that statement is understandable.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doobiedoo52 For This Useful Post:

I had a thought, reading a post from someone a couple pages back wondering if they sent the kids home to the mother and just kept collecting the checks.

When they did the interview with the bio mother at her apt., there was an infant car seat on the floor, (mixed in with all the other trash and piles of crap) but it was right on top.
    That made me wonder, if she has no children, has been declared unfit, why would that car seat be on top? I can see it still being there at the apartment, but I couldn't understand why it hadn't been buried in other things as mother obviously is not much of a cleaner. Maybe their childcare arrangements were worse than we imagined.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Oh no. Hasanni was seen crying in the car at the scrap yard? I bet this is the last time anyone saw him alive.....
    Back to the car parked in back of the shoe store: Does anyone know why LR left the trunk open? That makes no sense to me, either.
    Columbo he said in one of the videos....He said in the last one that is the Raw Video from ABC7 that is 12+ minutes, that he popped the trunk, ahead of going to the front of the shoe store, because the stroller was in it for the little girl.

He is claiming he also that he never even went into the store.....just motioned to JC to open the back door for her to open the door. That he than went back around to the alley.....JC was already there & asked him where is Hassani???? He said than he went into the store & asked her co-worker to watch the little girl, while they looked for Hassani....than corrected that & said he 1st grabbed his cell from the car to call 911...than looked with Jc for him. He just keeps changing his story everytime I watch every video to make it sound more reasonable, where JC is just falling apart.

I wonder did he get PO'd Monday about him crying & lost his temper???

I hope his cell phone pings lead LE to him. I'm praying to Hassani to help LE lead them to him today.

I hope I'm making sense....with FMS one suffers from fibro fog when they have just woke up from a restless half sleep of a few hrs.

that today they find Hassani & bring him home!

One way or another....find him!!! I can't even begin to imagine another family going months-years not knowing where there loved one is at.

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Columbo he said in one of the videos....He said in the last one that is the Raw Video from ABC7 that is 12+ minutes, that he popped the trunk, ahead of going to the front of the shoe store, because the stroller was in it for the little girl.

He is claiming he also that he never even went into the store.....just motioned to JC to open the back door for her to open the door. That he than went back around to the alley.....JC was already there & asked him where is Hassani???? He said than he went into the store & asked her co-worker to watch the little girl, while they looked for Hassani....than corrected that & said he 1st grabbed his cell from the car to call 911...than looked with Jc for him. He just keeps changing his story everytime I watch every video to make it sound more reasonable, where JC is just falling apart.

I wonder did he get PO'd Monday about him crying & lost his temper???

I hope his cell phone pings lead LE to him. I'm praying to Hassani to help LE lead them to him today.

I hope I'm making sense....with FMS one suffers from fibro fog when they have just woke up from a restless half sleep of a few hrs.

that today they find Hassani & bring him home!

One way or another....find him!!! I can't even begin to imagine another family going months-years not knowing where there loved one is at.

Thanks for your post, Angel Who Cares. I'm sorry about your fibromyalgia, and hope it will ease up and go away for you.
    You do make sense,despite feeling foggy!

I guess I don't understand why he didn't close the trunk but maybe it's inconsequential.

My mind keeps going around and around with this; if the baby was in a stroller then why couldn't Hasanni walk along beside them, since, according to LR, he can walk alright?
    I hope that Hasanni will be found soon, too. Poor little guy.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Missing boy's dad disputes reports
    Published: Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    <snipped>
    The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy says some media accounts of the handicapped Oakland, Calif., child's disappearance are wrong.

Louis Ross, 38, told CNN Friday that contrary to some reports, he never went inside a shoe store during the last time Hassani Campbell was seen alive in the store's parking lot. The boy, who has cerebral palsy, has been the subject of an intense search since his Monday disappearance.

The Oakland Tribune reported Friday that Ross has told police he left the boy alone when he went into a shoe store to drop off Hassani's 1-year-old sister. Jennifer Campbell, Ross's fiancee and the boy's biological aunt who has custody, works as a manager at the store, the newspaper said.

On the CNN show, Ross said he never went into the shoe store but only to the front of the business to motion to Campbell that he had arrived.

Ross told the U.S. broadcaster he voluntarily took a polygraph test. Those test results have not been disclosed.

Areas of southern Alameda County were to be searched for signs of Hassani Saturday by law enforcement agents, including FBI, police and sheriff's deputies, the Tribune said.

Article:
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/...1301250346248/

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

He said he was running late. Where/when did we learn that he was an hour early ? Whoa....if he SAID he was running late, but he was really early, that leaves me scratching my head, too, as far as his believability. So many things just don't add up....
    Also, others have mentioned this, too: He didn't have time (even though he was early?) to stop and call to tell Jennifer he was on the way, but he was parked when he got in back of the store, why not call from there?
    I'd love to see a time line of his day.

BBM -- LR said himself, for one story, that he left early for a meeting/appt

So, we have LR claiming he was early for a meeting/appt. We also have him saying he was running late - which is why he didn't call first. THEN we have him saying this was normal routine, did this every Wed and Fri (I think those were the days)

- IF this were normal routine, wouldn't JC already have the door unlocked because she knew they'd be there around that time?

- WHY would LR take the time to walk all the way around that building instead of calling from the parking lot?

Also have to add, I don't think LE would drive LR around "retracing his steps" if they really felt Hassani disappeared from the shoe store.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doobiedoo52 View Post
    And who gets laid off from work and continues to drive a BMW? Logic would tell me to sell it & get a couple decent used vehicles for both to use. (not to mention recently buying a 4 bedroom home- unless they had money from 2 individual homes that they put together, I guess) Note: that new bedroom for Hassani was because they recently moved into the home, so that statement is understandable.
    Your post respectfully snipped.

IIRC, they had been living in the home 6-8 months. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Another thing I noticed --

LR said:

- "I ultimately pulled in the parking lot"
    - "Like normal routine, I pulled into the parking lot"
    - "Hassani unbuckled his seatbelt, as this was normal routine"

Does this speak remind anyone else of a certain family and their speak?
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:

Thanks Columbo! What sleep I did get, my mind was racing & dreaming, about all of the theories of what happened to little Hassani.
    It just dosen't add up to not walk with both to the front of the store. He said Hassani had already taken his seat belt off & he walked around to open his door. That Hassain would wait at the back door. Most any 5-yr old would insist on walking with the adult to the front of the store. This is from my experience of having 2 grandkids & 21 neices & nephews! JMHO

I'm glad you understood my post.

ITA YellowSubmarine that why would LE be making him re-trace his steps & take him back to the junk yard etc. They know he is not telling the truth. They wouldn't be searching in the park today....cell pings must be leading them there. JMHO

O/T: I wish fibromyalgia would go away for all that suffer with it, but at this time there is no cure & is a chronic painful muscle disorder. Only many meds that help mask some of the pain....I wish I knew what life was without pain. I've had it over 30yrs now along with many other chronic issues....OA, chronic fatique, carpal tunnel, chronic pain syndrome etc. etc. etc. I could write a book if my hands would let me. As a graphic designer it drives me crazy, but I still do as much free-lance work when I can handle it.

-- Angel Blessing

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Police: Campbell's Foster Father Cooperating
    Saturday, 15 August 2009 9:40AM
    <snipped>
    The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy from Fremont spent an hour talking to the police on Friday.
    The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Louis Ross agreed to show police officials the Hayward auto wrecking yard where he took Hassanni Campbell on the afternoon he disappeared.

Ross said he was looking for a part for his car Monday afternoon when he visited the lot with Campbell and his 1-year-old sister.

He said that later that afternoon Campbell went missing after he was left alone outside a shoe store on College Avenue in Oakland where his mom was working.

The paper reports that 38-year-old Ross is cooperating with police, taking a polygraph test and submitting to interviews.

Police have searched the wrecking yard and a park near the family's home and say they still consider this a missing person's case.

Article:
    http://www.kcbs.com/Police--Campbell...rating/5013196

-- Angel Blessing

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    BBM -- LR said himself, for one story, that he left early for a meeting/appt

So, we have LR claiming he was early for a meeting/appt. We also have him saying he was running late - which is why he didn't call first. THEN we have him saying this was normal routine, did this every Wed and Fri (I think those were the days)

- IF this were normal routine, wouldn't JC already have the door unlocked because she knew they'd be there around that time?

- WHY would LR take the time to walk all the way around that building instead of calling from the parking lot?

Also have to add, I don't think LE would drive LR around "retracing his steps" if they really felt Hassani disappeared from the shoe store.
    bolded by me

Good point, I don't think they would, either.
    In fact, all good points--it never occurred to me that JC should have had the back door unlocked, knowing they were arriving momentarily. IF it were normal routine and that's a big IF.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast