Suspect Vehicle

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Please post info, ideas, photos and speculations about the suspect vehicle used in the abduction and murder of Tori Stafford.

Here is a list of possible changes done to MRs vehicle since the abduction and murder:

1. washed the exterior of the car at a 24hour car wash
  2. vacuumed the interior of the car
  3. washed the interior of the car
  4. removed the carpet from the interior of the car and the trunk
  5. removed the rear car seat
  6. changed the tires
  7. changed the paint colour
  8. removed the rear door handles
  9. switched the license plate

JMO

1. From the Esso station in Woodstock, ON

car2.jpg

2. Photo released to the public on May 22, from undisclosed location, presumably in OPP garage.

1621728bin.jpg

"Investigators are hopeful that someone may recall seeing the suspect vehicle and/or suspects either in the City of Woodstock or the Guelph area. The vehicle is described as a 2003 Honda 4-Door car, blue with black spray paint over portions of the vehicle."

"Police continue to look for evidence in and around Wellington County in proximity to the City of Guelph, Ontario. Investigators have cause to believe that the vehicle, suspects and victim may have been in and around the area of the Home Depot parking lot sometime during the early evening hours of the 8th of April 2009. Police would like to speak with anyone who may have information pertaining to the vehicle and/or occupants.

Police investigators are also asking area property owners in within a 50 minute drive of Guelph City, to check their fields and report any suspicious or significant changes they notice to landscape or familiar landmarks."

link: http://www.ocpsaux.org/PRESS RELEASEFrame1Source1.htm

I tried to reply to a Matou's post on the picture of MTR's car which had the red outline regarding it being spliced. I had to delete my post as it made the thread go off the page. Now the original post is gone??? did I do that as it was my post I was deleting.

I tried to reply to a Matou's post on the picture of MTR's car which had the red outline regarding it being spliced. I had to delete my post as it made the thread go off the page. Now the original post is gone??? did I do that as it was my post I was deleting.

Not sure what happened. You mean the image in the other thread right? I'll try to respond to it myself.

Not sure what happened. You mean the image in the other thread right? I'll try to respond to it myself.

Yes, I must have back up into this thread somehow. Don't know hmm??

Here is a list of possible changes done to MRs vehicle since the abduction and murder:

1. washed the exterior of the car at a 24hour car wash
  2. vacuumed the interior of the car
  3. washed the interior of the car
  4. removed the carpet from the interior of the car and the trunk
  5. removed the rear car seat
  6. changed the tires
  7. changed the paint colour
  8. removed the rear door handles
  9. switched the license plate

JMO

I'm wondering if he changed the whole rear door. It's just really odd that there isn't a door handle, not even an indent where one would be.

I'm wondering if he changed the whole rear door. It's just really odd that there isn't a door handle, not even an indent where one would be.

I have a hard time seeing an indent as well. Very weird. I almost feel like it is an entirely different vehicle. I know that is too far out there, though.

I believe I see where the handle is. It's seems to be obscured by the angle and colour of the car in this photo. Half way up the rear wheel. I don't know how to mark the pic in red as you've done to show where I mean. Look at the 1st picture at esso..and sorta get an alignement of where the handle is, then go back and size it up that way.. there is a slight indent shadow of where it is. seems to me anyhow

I believe I see where the handle is. It's seems to be obscured by the angle and colour of the car in this photo. Half way up the rear wheel. I don't know how to mark the pic in red as you've done to show where I mean. Look at the 1st picture at esso..and sorta get an alignement of where the handle is, then go back and size it up that way.. there is a slight indent shadow of where it is. seems to me anyhow

It should be under the little rear window. I see a little blur...

The media release about the vehicle was given on May 22nd, three days after the arrests of the suspects in the case. A photo (a video still) taken from an Esso station in Woodstock, ON was released with an appeal to the public ito see if anyone recognized the vehicle used in the abduction of Tori Stafford. There was initial confusion as to whether the image was taken from the Guelph Home Depot. In the same media release, LE announced the search for the missing car seat and appealed to anyone living within a 50 minute drive of Guelph to check their properties. As of yet, there is no explanation as what information determined the 50 minute drive from Guelph.
Investigators focused on the area near Fergus, ON even though this is only a 15 minute drive from Guelph.

May 22, 2009

• photos released of the suspect vehicle
  • LE asks for anyone seeing this vehicle in the area of Guelph and surrounding areas to come forward
  • LE asks for anyone seeing this vehicle at the Home Depot in Guelph in the early evening hours of April 8th to come forward. There is no specific time given other than "early evening hours"
  • LE announce that they are searching for the car's missing back bench seat
  • LE is appealing to anyone living within a 50 minute drive of Guelph to check thier properties for anything suspicious

Link: http://www.ocpsaux.org/PRESS RELEASEFrame1Source1.htm

Silly question... but hanging from the rear view window, i see what looks like some sort of dog tags (military style?) or something? What is that thing? Its probably inconsequential but its driving me crazy -- and I don't know why! Anyone have any idea what it is, and what the significance is??

Silly question... but hanging from the rear view window, i see what looks like some sort of dog tags (military style?) or something? What is that thing? Its probably inconsequential but its driving me crazy -- and I don't know why! Anyone have any idea what it is, and what the significance is??

I noticed that too, and guessed that it was some kind of LE identification tag, but I could be wrong. Maybe DC can post if it was there prior to the arrest.

MOO

I have a hard time seeing an indent as well. Very weird. I almost feel like it is an entirely different vehicle. I know that is too far out there, though.

I'm pretty sure this is the same car. If you look at the paint job on the hood in both pictures you can see where the matte paint ends on the hood and the more shiny paint starts. Also, the roof has shiny paint in both, pretty much in the same places (from what I can see). I think the rear handle indent is there. This is just such a lousy picture LE released the front ones almost blend into the car. I wonder if they even used an SLR to take this picture. These guys need to get better camera equipment because this picture is not in focus at all. Don't get me wrong, I think they are doing a great job, but something as simple as a clear picture would help!

This too is my opinion.
I last saw his car at around midnight on Friday before his arrest, and was definitely not black, and the entire front bumper was the Honda blue... that on those pics looks to me like the front bumper has been spraypainted to look like the car I saw. Somewhere I have a picture of most of the front bumper of the car, except my son has lost his cell phone, and thats where the pic is, if I can find it, then I will post it.
Also, on his car, there was no silver on front grill, and whenever I saw the car there were snow tires on it.. not the ones in both of those pics.

This too is my opinion.
I last saw his car at around midnight on Friday before his arrest, and was definitely not black, and the entire front bumper was the Honda blue... that on those pics looks to me like the front bumper has been spraypainted to look like the car I saw. Somewhere I have a picture of most of the front bumper of the car, except my son has lost his cell phone, and thats where the pic is, if I can find it, then I will post it.
Also, on his car, there was no silver on front grill, and whenever I saw the car there were snow tires on it.. not the ones in both of those pics.

This is big news. Either MR deliberately changed his car after the Friday of his 'interview' or he was using another car (one that looked similar to the one in the photos). I hope you find the images of his car. Were you suspicious of him to take these photos or was this a people shot with the car in the photo?

I suspect that he would have changed his tires because the lane leading up to the location of the remains in Mt. Forest is about 400-500 metres. He would have left tire tracks in the mud or snow and had evidence of the location inside of the treads of the original tires (e.g pine needles, etc) I hope the police have the original tires. TY for this mind-blowing revelation.

Hi there. Michael had a metal army dog tag style chain hanging from the review mirror. It had a chinese symbol on it. Was a keepsake.

This is big news. Either MR deliberately changed his car after the Friday of his 'interview' or he was using another car (one that looked similar to the one in the photos). I hope you find the images of his car. Were you suspicious of him to take these photos or was this a people shot with the car in the photo?

I suspect that he would have changed his tires because the lane leading up to the location of the remains in Mt. Forest is about 400-500 metres. He would have left tire tracks in the mud or snow and had evidence of the location inside of the treads of the original tires (e.g pine needles, etc) I hope the police have the original tires. TY for this mind-blowing revelation.

This theory of changing the tires does not work logically. If he were to have the winter tires to make it down the laneway, that would mean the Esso surveillance video would show those tires. But instead, they are regular rims & tires. He had the snow tires on his vehicle with caps during the time we dated. It just seems backwards for this theory to be correct IMO. Right?

Also, I have said before there is no way there's two cares like this one. The interior has been sanded down from white paint and the outside job with the hand done hood scoop.

The most important fact is that the photos released to the media are not accurate at all. I stated that in the last thread and went into detail.

This theory of changing the tires does not work logically. If he were to have the winter tires to make it down the laneway, that would mean the Esso surveillance video would show those tires. But instead, they are regular rims & tires. He had the snow tires on his vehicle with caps during the time we dated. It just seems backwards for this theory to be correct IMO. Right?

Also, I have said before there is no way there's two cares like this one. The interior has been sanded down from white paint and the outside job with the hand done hood scoop.

The most important fact is that the photos released to the media are not accurate at all. I stated that in the last thread and went into detail. The ones the LE showed me in person are accurate. FYI

Who said anything about logic? Why was your boyfriend using snow tires in April and May? If your boyfriend had his regular tires on his car, as we can see in the Esso still, then he changed his tires after his trip to Mount Forest to get rid of some of the evidence. Maybe snow tires were all he had at the time. Maybe he told the cops where the tires were after he was arrested and they put them on. The shot of the car looks like it is taken in a garage. Maybe the police wanted the car to look exactly as it did the day Tori was abducted and murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back