760 users online (98 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Brazil Crime Show Host May have ordered murders

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brazil Crime Show Host May Have Ordered Killings to Boost Ratings

SAO PAULO, Brazil — In one murder after another, the Canal Livre TV show had an uncanny knack for being first on the scene, gathering graphic footage of the victim...

...investigating ... Wallace Souza, on suspicion of commissioning at least five of the murders to boost his ratings...

..."We believe that they organized a kind of death squad to execute rivals who disputed with them the drug trafficking business," he said. Souza, he charged, "would eliminate his rival and use the killing as a news story for his program."...
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

WOW! That sounds like a movie plot!

This is frightening and I feel for the people who are living in Amazonas. I know that corruption can and does occur everywhere but I think it would be so frightening to live in a place where Law makers, Law enforcers and Law breakers are all in bed together like this. Hopefully they can make the charges stick, he sounds like a sociopath through and through. I mean really, am I just naive? who does something like this?

On a lighter note this seems like a plot line Jenji Kohan might dream up for the cast of Weeds. Next week...The Botwins move to the Brazilian Jungle!

And lastly, here is an article from early in the decade about crime in the region not about this particular story, but I found it interesting if not all together pertinent
    http://tvnz.co.nz/content/70317