Brazil Crime Show Host May have ordered murders

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538927,00.html?test=latestnews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brazil Crime Show Host May Have Ordered Killings to Boost Ratings

SAO PAULO, Brazil — In one murder after another, the Canal Livre TV show had an uncanny knack for being first on the scene, gathering graphic footage of the victim...

...investigating ... Wallace Souza, on suspicion of commissioning at least five of the murders to boost his ratings...

..."We believe that they organized a kind of death squad to execute rivals who disputed with them the drug trafficking business," he said. Souza, he charged, "would eliminate his rival and use the killing as a news story for his program."...

:eek:

This is frightening and I feel for the people who are living in Amazonas. I know that corruption can and does occur everywhere but I think it would be so frightening to live in a place where Law makers, Law enforcers and Law breakers are all in bed together like this. Hopefully they can make the charges stick, he sounds like a sociopath through and through. I mean really, am I just naive? who does something like this?

On a lighter note this seems like a plot line Jenji Kohan might dream up for the cast of Weeds. Next week...The Botwins move to the Brazilian Jungle!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back