900 users online (130 members and 770 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LA - Rapides Parish, WhtFem Skeletal 65UFLA, 15-19, w/ dog bones, Nov'80

http://doenetwork.org/cases/65ufla.html

Unidentified White Female Located on November 5, 1980 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
    <LI>Estimated Date of death is 6 months to 2 and 1/2 years prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 19 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'5"
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length brown hair. Unfused metopic suture.
    • Dentals: Available. She had some fillings.
    • Clothing: There was no clothing found.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 12:32 AM.

LA - Rapides Parish - WhtFem Skeletal Found Aside Dog Bones - Nov'80

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65ufla.html

Unidentified White Female

Located on November 5, 1980 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
    Estimated Date of Death: 6 months - 2.1/2 years prior to discovery.
    Partial Skeletal Remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15-19 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0-5'5"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length brown hair.
    Skeletal Findings: Unfused metopic suture. The metopic suture in the
    skull is a fibrous joint, cranial suture between adjacent developing bones of the
    skull. This suture begins at nose and runs superiorly to meet sagittal suture
    and fuses in early childhood before all other cranial sutures.
    Clothing: There was no clothing found.
    Fingerprints: Not Available.
    Dentals: Available. 3rd molars are impacted.
    Amalgam fillings noted on teeth #3(O), 14(O), 19(OB) and 30(OB).
    DNA: Pending

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History

The victim was located November 5, 1980 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
    Authorities were called out to skeletal remains found off Nichols Cemetery Road, which is about a quarter of a mile off La. Highway 28 West near Gardner.
    A hunter found the remains, which turned out to belong to a woman and a dog. Investigators found who had shot the dog but did not know if the dog belonged to the victim or was feeding off her body.
    There was not enough skeletal remains to help in identifying the body, which had been dumped out at least six months prior to their discovery. All they found at the scene was a pair of wool socks and a wad of hair.
    Police have never established her cause of death.
    Authorities even interviewed convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas, who claimed to have killed a number of people in the state. Authorities said Lucas was not connected to this case.

In 2007 authorities interviewed Robert Charles Browne about this case. Browne, a Colorado Springs convicted killer, has claimed to have killed as many as 49 people. Browne already has claimed to have killed a woman in Clarence, which is in Natchitoches Parish, and dumped the body of a 15-year-old girl in Winn Parish.

Do you think this could be Kimberly Rae Doss - missing from Florida?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...berly_rae.html

Age - height - hair color and time of disappearance is close...What do you all think? Should I submit?
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-25-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: add to thread title

LA- Female Case File 65UFLA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65ufla.html

Case originally posted by: chaddylex, was merged with another case by mistake

Unidentified White Female

Located on November 5, 1980 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
    Estimated Date of Death: 6 months - 2.1/2 years prior to discovery.
    Partial Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15-19 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0-5'5"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length brown hair.
    Skeletal Findings: Unfused metopic suture. The metopic suture in the
    skull is a fibrous joint, cranial suture between adjacent developing bones of the
    skull. This suture begins at nose and runs superiorly to meet sagittal suture
    and fuses in early childhood before all other cranial sutures.
    Clothing: There was no clothing found.
    Fingerprints: Not Available.
    Dentals: Available. 3rd molars are impacted.
    Amalgam fillings noted on teeth #3(O), 14(O), 19(OB) and 30(OB).
    DNA: Pending

Case History

The victim was located November 5, 1980 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
    Authorities were called out to skeletal remains found off Nichols Cemetery Road, which is about a quarter of a mile off La. Highway 28 West near Gardner.
    A hunter found the remains, which turned out to belong to a woman and a dog. Investigators found who had shot the dog but did not know if the dog belonged to the victim or was feeding off her body.
    There was not enough skeletal remains to help in identifying the body, which had been dumped out at least six months prior to their discovery. All they found at the scene was a pair of wool socks and a wad of hair.
    Authorities even interviewed convicted killer Henry Lee Lucas, who claimed to have killed a number of people in the state. Authorities said Lucas was not connected to this case.

In 2007 authorities interviewed Robert Charles Browne about this case. Browne, a Colorado Springs convicted killer, has claimed to have killed as many as 49 people. Browne already has claimed to have killed a woman in Clarence, which is in Natchitoches Parish, and dumped the body of a 15-year-old girl in Winn Parish.

Do you think this could be Kimberly Rae Doss - missing from Florida?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...berly_rae.html

Age - height - hair color and time of disappearance is close...What do you all think? Should I submit?

eeyorelrn is offline I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
    They look very similar to me. Have you submitted this possible match yet?
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

I was waiting to hear from other sleuthers to see their thoughts....I will submit if everyone thinks I should...

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    IMHO, I think this could be a match. Good Work!!
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

bump ..
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Carla Rebecca Corley is not on the NamUs rule-out list for Rapides Parish Jane Doe. I'm a little surprised, as her name has come up quite often as a possible for other cases.

Carla Rebecca Corley
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/corley_carla.html

NamUs UP Case 1879 https://identifyus.org/cases/1879
    DoeNet Case 65UFLA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65ufla.html

The vital stats all tie-in well. The timeline is a little tight, but not too tight. The geography (Birmingham AL to Rapides Parish LA) is not unreasonable considering the circumstances.

One thing that I find interesting is that Carla was epileptic. I am wondering if the condition that caused Jane Doe's metopic suture not to fuse in early childhood would be connected to epilepsy. I would think that if the skull is not developing normally, it could cause brain injuries, and consequently, epilepsy.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Carla Rebecca Corley is not on the NamUs rule-out list for Rapides Parish Jane Doe. I'm a little surprised, as her name has come up quite often as a possible for other cases.

Carla Rebecca Corley

The vital stats all tie-in well. The timeline is a little tight, but not too tight. The geography (Birmingham AL to Rapides Parish LA) is not unreasonable considering the circumstances.

One thing that I find interesting is that Carla was epileptic. I am wondering if the condition that caused Jane Doe's metopic suture not to fuse in early childhood would be connected to epilepsy. I would think that if the skull is not developing normally, it could cause brain injuries, and consequently, epilepsy.
    Carl,

Are you going to turn this one in? If you do, will you ask about Kim Doss to if you don't mind? She's not listed on the rule out list in Namus either. I forgot I even listed this one to begin with.

Thanks for all you do and for the one who knows how to talk to LE about possible matches!!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Carl,

Are you going to turn this one in? If you do, will you ask about Kim Doss to if you don't mind? She's not listed on the rule out list in Namus either. I forgot I even listed this one to begin with.

Thanks for all you do and for the one who knows how to talk to LE about possible matches!!
    I've been focusing on Louisiana cases in recent days. I had a few on my tentative possibles list, and was hoping to discuss them all at once over the phone with Helen Bouzon, rather than submit them piecemeal. I had left her a telephone message, but she responded by e-mail to the Anjanette Piotrowski / 163UFLA submission.

It appears that she prefers to deal with these submissions by e-mail, so I will do it that way. When I get through all of my Louisiana possibles, I will probably compile them into an e-mail and submit them at once.

Anyone look closely at the UID's profile. She looks like she might be of mixed race, white, Afro-American.

Carla Rebecca Corley

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Carl,

I just submitted Carla Corley and Kim Doss to Helen Bouzon of LSU, and received the following reply:

For Carla there are currently no dental records available and DNA has not been collected yet so we cannot complete a comparison. We can’t list her as a rule-out until one of those has been collected. I will have to call to see about dental records for Kimberly but according to the Doe Network, her DNA is already in CODIS as is the DNA from our case.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Helen Bouzon double-checked the status of Kimberly Rae Doss of Jacksonville FL (not to be confused with Kimberly Sue Doss of Davenport IA)

I spoke to Jacksonville SO and NCMEC about Kimberly Rae Doss. DNA from her mother is in CODIS. No one has been able to locate any dental records and no information is listed on her dentals in NCIC. NCMEC tried to contact her mother but the number they have is no longer in service. The DNA on our case is also in CODIS.
    So we can safely presume that Kimberly R. Doss is a CODIS rule-out by default (unless the very unlikely event of a CODIS false-negative).

Helen Bouzon double-checked the status of Kimberly Rae Doss of Jacksonville FL (not to be confused with Kimberly Sue Doss of Davenport IA)

So we can safely presume that Kimberly R. Doss is a CODIS rule-out by default (unless the very unlikely event of a CODIS false-negative).
    I forgot about me starting this thread... I just wish one of us could give these UID a name and their identity back...

Body being found near dog bones

As a dog owner I'm just going to throw this opinion (not based on any scientific fact or academic finding) but thought that knowing my dogs sense of smell is much better then mine (I've owned my yorkie eight years in March) that it odd that the dog was shot near this womens bones. Wondering how thourough the background check on who shot the dog was. As someone who does background checks and work for a police dept. I know sometimes it is greatly lacking. My dog has put lots of things in her mouth including a dead rat she brought to me (lucky me) but I still can't imagine her eating a dead person. Maybe knowing more about this dog breed and history can shed light on this case.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast