1929 users online (335 members and 1594 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Send prayers-Boys cling to life after lightning strike

Saw this on the news, 2 kids and a parent hit by lightning after playing at the park today in Brampton, Ontario. Boys, 4 and 6 are fighting for their lives.

Sending prayers that they will pull through...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1249773/

One little guy getting a bit better. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1250770/

I sincerely hope the boys make it okay.

This story is especially concerning to me because my husband is a randonneer (brevet) bicyclist. In plain terms these cyclists ride through the night(s) until they finish a ride. He's bicycling 1200k (800 miles), and this brevet began east of Toronto. Earlier forecasts were for no rain (and no lightning). There's no way to contact him. By now he's probably more than 200m from Toronto, but this story will still keep me awake tonight.

What is the weather like there tonight and what is predicted for the next few days Trino?

Will keep my fingers crossed for your husband.

I don't live near there but I was always worried at soccer games when we played in pelting rain. They seem to do the same for field lacrosse and field hockey, don't want to cancel;that's an accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

I read on one of the blogs that if you can hear the thunder (even in the distance) you can be hit by lightning. Scary.

He's miles from Toronto now - out in the boonies. But, this thread is about the boys. Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Brwnigirl View Post
    What is the weather like there tonight and what is predicted for the next few days Trino?

Will keep my fingers crossed for your husband.

I don't live near there but I was always worried at soccer games when we played in pelting rain. They seem to do the same for field lacrosse and field hockey, don't want to cancel;that's an accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

I read on one of the blogs that if you can hear the thunder (even in the distance) you can be hit by lightning. Scary.
    My sister lives in Ontario and told me about this story, very sad. Hope the boys are doing better.
    In Florida, we clear everyone out of pools, parks, practice fields etc..when a thunderstorm with lightning approaches..you know where there is thunder there is lightning...and many have been struck by lightning in this state, some survive and some don't.
    My local YMCA closes down the indoor pool and it does not reopen until 30mins has passed without ligtning in the area.
    Last edited by Intermezzo; 08-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

GB these little guys! How frightening it had to have been for them. Hoping and praying that they will fully recover quickly.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    He's miles from Toronto now - out in the boonies. But, this thread is about the boys. Any updates?
    Glad your DH is ok.

The boys are improving! Yay!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...ike081409.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brwnigirl View Post
    Saw this on the news, 2 kids and a parent hit by lightning after playing at the park today in Brampton, Ontario. Boys, 4 and 6 are fighting for their lives.

Sending prayers that they will pull through...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1249773/
    Prayers for a full recovery, and praising the Lord for their improvement, in Jesus' Healing Name I pray, amen!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.