Send prayers-Boys cling to life after lightning strike

I sincerely hope the boys make it okay.

This story is especially concerning to me because my husband is a randonneer (brevet) bicyclist. In plain terms these cyclists ride through the night(s) until they finish a ride. He's bicycling 1200k (800 miles), and this brevet began east of Toronto. Earlier forecasts were for no rain (and no lightning). There's no way to contact him. By now he's probably more than 200m from Toronto, but this story will still keep me awake tonight.

What is the weather like there tonight and what is predicted for the next few days Trino?

Will keep my fingers crossed for your husband.

I don't live near there but I was always worried at soccer games when we played in pelting rain. They seem to do the same for field lacrosse and field hockey, don't want to cancel;that's an accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

I read on one of the blogs that if you can hear the thunder (even in the distance) you can be hit by lightning. Scary.

He's miles from Toronto now - out in the boonies. But, this thread is about the boys. Any updates?

What is the weather like there tonight and what is predicted for the next few days Trino?

Will keep my fingers crossed for your husband.

I don't live near there but I was always worried at soccer games when we played in pelting rain. They seem to do the same for field lacrosse and field hockey, don't want to cancel;that's an accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

I read on one of the blogs that if you can hear the thunder (even in the distance) you can be hit by lightning. Scary.

My sister lives in Ontario and told me about this story, very sad. Hope the boys are doing better.
In Florida, we clear everyone out of pools, parks, practice fields etc..when a thunderstorm with lightning approaches..you know where there is thunder there is lightning...and many have been struck by lightning in this state, some survive and some don't.
My local YMCA closes down the indoor pool and it does not reopen until 30mins has passed without ligtning in the area.

GB these little guys! How frightening it had to have been for them. Hoping and praying that they will fully recover quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back