OK - Convicted Tulsa Sex Offender Found With A 2-Year-Old Girl

I'm glad they caught him, given his history, I wish they could have shot him. I feel so rotten saying that, but that's honestly how I feel about these offenders. :mad:

He has been out of prison since 2006! What else has he done? I still think they need to lose their eyesite completely. If they can't see them, they can't find them! And it should scare the you know what out of a lot with these type thoughts! Might think a little harder about what could happen to THEM.

The article said he took the little girl out of her yard? (Or was this another one of his cases they were talking about?) I guess I'm wondering if there was a missing child report in regards to the little one he was with during the arrest? It's sickening to think about how many other children he may have had access to since his release in 06. :mad:

Once an offender always an offender. We can't allow these people to be free to offend again - thank the heavens that he was caught or we may have had another dead baby on our hands. They can't be rehibilitated! I dont understand how to deal with these disgusting monsters other than locking them up forever or ending them forever.

The article said he took the little girl out of her yard? (Or was this another one of his cases they were talking about?) I guess I'm wondering if there was a missing child report in regards to the little one he was with during the arrest? It's sickening to think about how many other children he may have had access to since his release in 06. :mad:

Apparently, they realized she was kidnapped, not just missing.
From the link:
"The officers, M. Wollmershauser Jr. and S. Blann found Berry and the little girl, both partially clothed, in the truck, just as other officers were broadcasting the kidnapping call."

So, this did less than half of a 15 year sentence? Having been out of prison since 2006, you know this is not the first time he has done this in just over 3 years. It is just that he got caught this time. This is part of what is wrong with the system. The 'good time' rule needs to be done away with completely. That is where an inmate actually gets 2 days credit for every 1 day served if he stays out of trouble in prison. 15 years should mean 15 years, and even that is not enough.

The sentencing guidelines have to be changed and judges put in place who will impose the harshest sentences possible for these 's. I am going to watch to see how many years this sorry gets this time.

Sex offenders and sexual predators are residing in almost every neighborhood, and knows no economic barrier. Remember the doctor that had abused and raped so many boys over a period of years? These sorry 's are of every walk of life.

This baby was only 2 years old. I hope that by some miracle she will not remember this trauma. Thank God these two officers decided to check out the pickup truck parked in the field and thereby saving this babys' life!

when are children going to start to matter to the justice system? this man should have never been out of a secured environment aka PRISON....he is a predator of the worst kind with obviously no control over his "urges"....how do parents go through life knowing that the person who harmed their child for life walks the streets, i honestly really believe that i could not do it.

ETA: the police did a fantastic job...way to go!

So, this did less than half of a 15 year sentence? Having been out of prison since 2006, you know this is not the first time he has done this in just over 3 years. It is just that he got caught this time. This is part of what is wrong with the system. The 'good time' rule needs to be done away with completely. That is where an inmate actually gets 2 days credit for every 1 day served if he stays out of trouble in prison. 15 years should mean 15 years, and even that is not enough.

i thought the article said he served 15 years of a 30 year sentence. a 30 year sentence is a major convication...AND busted in the late eighties too?! there is no way this is the first time since 2006....imo.

Why feel rotten? This is further proof to me that I am right when I say these "things" are fundamentally defective and cannot be fixed. Life in prison or execution for child molesters on first offense is fine with me - get them out of circulation.

I think they should be incarcerated harshly the first time but tested regularly. They can be tested for states of arousal when exposed to certain visuals. Just for accuracy sake, if they are still getting aroused by children a year or two into their sentences, DONE. Their penis can sign the death warrant imo.

Now a sex offender is innocent of not registering as a so if he is homeless? Not good

i thought the article said he served 15 years of a 30 year sentence. a 30 year sentence is a major convication...AND busted in the late eighties too?! there is no way this is the first time since 2006....imo.

Oh, okay. Thank you, joga. I stand corrected. He got out of jail just short of 15 years. That is still a little less than half of his sentence.

Let's see what he gets this time. :mad:

arghhhhhhh!! He's a 2 time child molester!! Now, a third!! Please, just shoot him.

From the link:
"The officers, M. Wollmershauser Jr. and S. Blann found Berry and the little girl, both partially clothed, in the truck, just as other officers were broadcasting the kidnapping call."

Thanks so much STEADFAST, I read too quickly and didn't comprehend the full article. My emotional reaction was quicker than my ability to comprehend. :blowkiss:

Thank God these officers were so quick... I still wish they could have shot him. :twocents:

Why feel rotten? This is further proof to me that I am right when I say these "things" are fundamentally defective and cannot be fixed. Life in prison or execution for child molesters on first offense is fine with me - get them out of circulation.

I'm totally with you on this . These freaks cannot ever be "fixed." Their "desires" are NOT normal and never will be. The laws and sentences need to be much more severe across the board.

A grown man that is SEXUALLY attracted to children is a danger and a lost cause, IMO. No different than men that are attracted to big *advertiser censored*, long legs, blonde hair, whatever - but dangerous and ILLEGAL. It can't be corrected. It is what it is. But I do wonder WHY so many men are sexually attracted to children. WTH?

From the link:
Someone want to tell me why a 2 yo was out in the front yard alone in order to be taken in the first place?! GRRRR! Why wasn't someone watching her like a hawk? She is 2 years old!! Not to mention it was almost 9:00pm!

Investigators believe Berry took the girl from her North Tulsa home around 8:45pm Wednesday. http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/stor...-lewd-molestation/sxe2Q8mucUeMEhnFbJLZBA.cspx

I am grateful she is at home safe with her family tonight instead of becoming another horrific statistic. There is no way I believe that man would have returned her when he would know he was facing the probability of a life term. No doubt in my mind these two officers did save her life. Bravo, TPD's finest!! They are heros.

Here is a great story of how they found them.:

Police: Divine Intervention Led To Sex Offender's Capture

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 8:32 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 13, 2009 9:56 PM CDT

TULSA, OK -- The two Tulsa Police officers who discovered Marcus Berry, Senior, with the two-year-old girl say it's pretty incredible they even found her. The officers discovered Berry and the little girl before the call even went out that she was missing. If it weren't for a glance out of the corner of an eye, they might have driven right on by.

The officers weren't searching for an abducted child. They weren't trying to match a suspect description. They were just patrolling an unfamiliar road.

"A lot of what we do is good cop instinct. And, a lot of it is luck. Last night had nothing to do with both. It was divine intervention, completely," said Tulsa Police Officer Mark Wollmershauser, Junior.

Officer Mark Wollmershauser, Junior says a divine hand steered him and his partner Officer Stephanie Blann to a deserted gravel road.

Officers say along the far off the road, they barely saw Marcus Berry's pickup truck. They say 30 minutes later it would have been dark. With all of the tall grass in the area, they never would have seen it.

But, Officer Wollmershauser caught sight of a tail light out of the corner of his eye. The two officers approached the truck and said they knew immediately something wasn't right.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10928418 << Has a photo of the truck when they found it and it was definitely hard to spot.

Police say tracking sex offenders difficult

According to registry officials, Berry received a two-year suspended sentence last summer for living too close to a school. Years earlier he was also found not guilty of failing to register because he was homeless at the time with no address to register.

It's one of hundreds of violations police and the court system are dealing with, following a 2006 law that changed where sex offenders can live.

80% of Tulsa is off limits to sex offenders because they can not live near schools, parks, daycare centers or playgrounds.

Officials say if sex offenders can't legally register their addresses, they won't register at all.

Sgt. John Adams oversees the Sex Offender Registry for the Tulsa Police Department.

He told 2NEWS, "I want to know where they are at. I don't want them underground. And that is what is happening is they are going underground. So it has made our jobs a lot tougher."

Adams says since the tougher residency restrictions took effect in 2006, the number of offenders on the registry has fallen from 512 to 321. Adams doesn't believe they moved away, but instead are in violation.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/stor...fenders-difficult/L1hG4aABdEKRXvC1NEKh9w.cspx

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10928418

"I see his pants are undone. Still, don't see the little girl. Just ask him what's going on. And then, he finally tells me he's with the little girl, and it all clicked. And, got really awful at that point," said Tulsa Police Officer Mark Wollmershauser, Jr.

He says he grabbed Berry and Blann scooped up the baby girl.

"She was as sweet as anything. And, she looked up at us. And, Officer Blann got her from the passenger side and got her outta the truck and just held on to her," said Tulsa Police Officer Mark Wollmershauser, Jr.

And, that's when the call crackled across the police radio.

"They put the call out and her clothing description. And, I was looking right at her. Everything matched," said Tulsa Police Officer Stephanie Blann.

It sounds like they got him before he actually hurt the baby. If that is the case (praying that it is) she maybe one of the luckiest babies ever to have been kidnapped. They can call it Divine Guidance, cops instincts or just plain good luck. I call it nothing short of an all out miracle with everything we have read recently and what is going on in the world right now.

Does OK have 3 strikes laws? Is this the last time he will be free to roam the streets, picking up innocent babies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I usually have some sort of reaction to articles, whether is be anger, or sadness, or any other emotion. However, when I read about the police officer picking this baby up out of the car and holding her, I started crying. Thank God the police found this little girl. I don't choke up often, but it's hard for me to even write.

By the way Boyz_Mum, I'm with you, I wish they would have shot him.

Someone asked when was the Justice System going to wake up? Its us! When will we show concern for justice when we vote these judges in? If the perpertrators are turned loose, then we make sure that judge is not reelected. I would gladly cast my vote for the death penalty for all these half humans. It would eliminate jail overcrowding and limit the threat to our children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back