1292 users online (243 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Francisco, 59, & Dante Santoni, 6, Connie Villa, 28, El Paso, 11 Aug 1994

I saw the Brother of Maria on the local news (El Paso TX) last night.

I can't find any pictures of the victims and I can't find any articles related to this cold case. Perhaps someone else can?

The only entry that I could find was on the http://www.ci.el-paso.tx.us/police/cold_case_files.asp

DATE 08/11/94 CASE # 94-223150

FRANCISCO SANTONI AGE: 59
    MARIA VILLA AGE: 28
    DANTE SANTONI AGE: 4

SUMMARY: Officers were called out to the address of occurrence in the 1800 block of Garden Gate in reference to a homicide. The victim’s sister had gone over to baby sit at which time she found the three victims. All three had been stabbed multiple times causing their death. Several leads were followed up by detectives resulting in no arrests being made.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Posted: 09/06/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_132795...ce=most_viewed

Shocking slaying of three in East El Paso 15 years ago still unsolved

...Francisco Santoni, his girlfriend, Connie Villa, and their son, Dante Santoni, died in their East El Paso home on Aug. 11, 1994. Each was stabbed at least 10 times...

...Police theorized that Villa, 28, was attacked first in the master bedroom, and that Dante was stabbed as he slept in his room. The killer or killers then waited for Santoni, 59, to arrive home from a night in Juárez. His body also was found in the master bedroom...

...Certain items were taken from the home, including clothing and jewelry. The intruders also stole Villa's green 1994 Dodge Colt. It was found four days later in Central El Paso...

...Santoni's wife, Maria Santoni, said her husband began to socialize with potential clients in Juárez, and often stayed out late to have dinner and partake in the nightlife. Santoni, 66, said during a recent phone interview that she became worried about her husband when she found a small amount of cocaine in his wallet.

"He mentioned he was having a toothache, and he was using that for the toothache," Santoni said.

She began paying more attention to her husband's new habits, but never again found any trace of drugs...

...Aman said police initially looked into tensions between the Santoni and Villa families. Police learned Santoni had planned to divorce his wife and marry Villa, but they eventually dismissed theories that family members were involved.

A more plausible lead was that Santoni's business associates knew something about the murders. Yet another possibility, Aman said, was that Santoni might have been involved in illegal business deals...

...Gonzalez, her father's business partner, knows something that may lead police to a suspect. However, Gonzalez has refused to talk to police about the murders. Soon after the investigation began, he hired attorney Gary Weiser....(The her in the above quote is Santoni's adult daughter).
    Santoni's adult daughter goes on to say that Dante the child (her half brother) did nothing to deserve being stabbed to death. Bless this family.

I agree with her theory because given the order in which LE believes this family was murdered the target was Santoni. IMHO.

May resolution and justice come soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James