TX TX - Francisco, 59, & Dante Santoni, 6, Connie Villa, 28, El Paso, 11 Aug 1994

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I saw the Brother of Maria on the local news (El Paso TX) last night.

I can't find any pictures of the victims and I can't find any articles related to this cold case. Perhaps someone else can?

The only entry that I could find was on the http://www.ci.el-paso.tx.us/police/cold_case_files.asp

DATE 08/11/94 CASE # 94-223150

FRANCISCO SANTONI AGE: 59
MARIA VILLA AGE: 28
DANTE SANTONI AGE: 4

SUMMARY: Officers were called out to the address of occurrence in the 1800 block of Garden Gate in reference to a homicide. The victim’s sister had gone over to baby sit at which time she found the three victims. All three had been stabbed multiple times causing their death. Several leads were followed up by detectives resulting in no arrests being made.

Posted: 09/06/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13279582?source=most_viewed

Shocking slaying of three in East El Paso 15 years ago still unsolved

...Francisco Santoni, his girlfriend, Connie Villa, and their son, Dante Santoni, died in their East El Paso home on Aug. 11, 1994. Each was stabbed at least 10 times...

...Police theorized that Villa, 28, was attacked first in the master bedroom, and that Dante was stabbed as he slept in his room. The killer or killers then waited for Santoni, 59, to arrive home from a night in Juárez. His body also was found in the master bedroom...

...Certain items were taken from the home, including clothing and jewelry. The intruders also stole Villa's green 1994 Dodge Colt. It was found four days later in Central El Paso...

...Santoni's wife, Maria Santoni, said her husband began to socialize with potential clients in Juárez, and often stayed out late to have dinner and partake in the nightlife. Santoni, 66, said during a recent phone interview that she became worried about her husband when she found a small amount of cocaine in his wallet.

"He mentioned he was having a toothache, and he was using that for the toothache," Santoni said.

She began paying more attention to her husband's new habits, but never again found any trace of drugs...

...Aman said police initially looked into tensions between the Santoni and Villa families. Police learned Santoni had planned to divorce his wife and marry Villa, but they eventually dismissed theories that family members were involved.

A more plausible lead was that Santoni's business associates knew something about the murders. Yet another possibility, Aman said, was that Santoni might have been involved in illegal business deals...

...Gonzalez, her father's business partner, knows something that may lead police to a suspect. However, Gonzalez has refused to talk to police about the murders. Soon after the investigation began, he hired attorney Gary Weiser....(The her in the above quote is Santoni's adult daughter).

Santoni's adult daughter goes on to say that Dante the child (her half brother) did nothing to deserve being stabbed to death. Bless this family.

I agree with her theory because given the order in which LE believes this family was murdered the target was Santoni. IMHO.

May resolution and justice come soon.

Attachments

• Villa and Santoni family 1994.JPG
    Villa and Santoni family 1994.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
Why was nothing ever done to solve this crime? I THINK this is a college acquaintance of mine's father and half brother. Not sure. can't find ANYTHING about the case beyond ONE newspaper article.

Why was nothing ever done to solve this crime? I THINK this is a college acquaintance of mine's father and half brother. Not sure. can't find ANYTHING about the case beyond ONE newspaper article.

Francisco Santoni was my grandfather, and Dante was my uncle, although I never got to meet them because they were killed 18 months before I was even born. From what I know based on what my mom and grandma have told me, (Maria Santoni, and Ana Maiorino), there was very little evidence left at the scene and they believe it could have been drug cartel related.

Today would have been Dante’s 29th birthday . I can’t believe it’s been 26years since this horrible tragedy occurred. August 11 is a day that we will never forget. My heart aches for my family and the immense loss. It’s upsetting that nothing more was done to solve these murders. It’s upsetting that the one person who may know something, lawyered up (probably because he had something to do with it or is afraid to speak)

Some of the articles I have read are such BS and the story was reported incorrectly. How do I know?? Because I, along with my sister and mom were there. We found them, we saw how they were murdered.

Frank was a terrible human being. Maybe he deserved to die (I’m sorry to say this and i know it’s unfair to his family) but Connie and Dante didn’t.

Today being Dante’s birthday, I want you to know that he was the best little brother. He always looked forward to being with us. He was so funny and full of energy. He loved Cheerios, sleepovers and running around the pool. Connie loved him so much, she was the best mom to him. She would have never put him in danger. They will forever be missed.

Today would have been Dante’s 29th birthday . I can’t believe it’s been 26years since this horrible tragedy occurred. August 11 is a day that we will never forget. My heart aches for my family and the immense loss. It’s upsetting that nothing more was done to solve these murders. It’s upsetting that the one person who may know something, lawyered up (probably because he had something to do with it or is afraid to speak)

Some of the articles I have read are such BS and the story was reported incorrectly. How do I know?? Because I, along with my sister and mom were there. We found them, we saw how they were murdered.

Frank was a terrible human being. Maybe he deserved to die (I’m sorry to say this and i know it’s unfair to his family) but Connie and Dante didn’t.

Today being Dante’s birthday, I want you to know that he was the best little brother. He always looked forward to being with us. He was so funny and full of energy. He loved Cheerios, sleepovers and running around the pool. Connie loved him so much, she was the best mom to him. She would have never put him in danger. They will forever be missed.

It breaks my heart knowing my grandfather was most likely the cause of Dante and Connie’s deaths. I am so sorry to you and your family for all the pain he caused. I wish I could’ve met Dante more than anything.

Thankfully the man who committed that crime is already in prison, and hopefully more information can be released to the public.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

The mod staff at Websleuths.com work non-stop to keep Websleuths open 24/7 and to make sure
Websleuths is a safe place for you to post.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using this link Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member