Standoff at the Federal Building in Westwood

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Has to do with terrorist threats against the White House. I'll get a link

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...white-house-westwood-apartment-evacuated.html

A standoff between a motorist and Los Angeles police is occurring at the Federal Building in Westwood.
A law enforcement source told The Times the suspect allegedly made an unspecified threat against the White House and that the U.S. Secret Service was involved.
[Updated at 12:16 p.m.: Police evacuated apartment buildings near the Federal Building's parking lot as we as some federal offices. A robot equiped with a camera was placed next to the car so that officers could get a sense of what was going on inside.

I was watching this on Fox a bit earlier. This is still ongoing and seems the guy is still in the red VW. He has been sitting there surrounded by LE for just over two hours.

Still just waiting. I have it on live feed but nothing's happening.

I always have to wonder what if... everyone just started leaving the scene, all the cops just drive away like they have something else to do??? Would that mind freak the dude? Yeah, I know too dangerous, but the resources on this guy just sitting there is dumb.

OK my God enough already.

Bees. They need a little bee implanting robot to go up to cars and blow some nice hornets or wasps into the car.

The dude will get out of the car.

(ziggy scratches head why no one else can think of these "natural" and cost effective negotiations)

Or invisible knock out gas...something other than this freaking antique show of force. Can we James Bond it out a little? This is embarrassing. We can refuel a fighter jet mid-flight...

sorry to vent but I'm so frustrated with this! It's now 4:00 PST and we are making this guy famous - he feels so special with all this attention.

I still say put the Hornets and the Wasps in the car and now I'm going to add sic the dogs on him as he runs. Back up and give him some room so we can watch him be humiliated instead of made famous.

OMG now the second FBI robot has fallen over and can't get up! This is more embarrassing than Paris Hilton's BFF show.

This is ridiculous!!! What is No. 5 suppose to be doing (from short Circuit..lol) Are you kidding me? I'm watching live and this is crazy!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's brain is about to explode over this embarrassing display, LOL, Number 5 from Short Circuit. Well, they are in LA...

I am going to just go over there and stop this nonsense.

Please Do!!! Go JBean.

It reminds me of the guy who pushed the suicide threat guy off the bridge because he was holding up traffic for so long.

I think they need an angry mob who want to get back into their homes and then maybe they'd get a move on!

I wish I could find a video still of R2D2 lying on the pavement flailing.

**sigh**

Please Do!!! Go JBean.

It reminds me of the guy who pushed the suicide threat guy off the bridge because he was holding up traffic for so long.

I think they need an angry mob who want to get back into their homes and then maybe they'd get a move on!

I wish I could find a video still of R2D2 lying on the pavement flailing.

**sigh**
more upbeat

YouTube - R2D2 Funny Clips

snipped:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...eatened-violence-of-white-house-drags-on.html

"Law enforcement sources said that SWAT officers are now on the scene and are trying to determine how to proceed. One source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the case is ongoing, said the suspect might have mental problems but is alive and unarmed inside the car.

[Updated at 4:45 p.m.: The Daily Breeze is reporting that the suspect is a 56-year-old man from Westchester. His mother told the paper that he suffers from depression.]"

Ya think? Mental problems? Nooooo. If he's unarmed then why don't they just go over to the car and pull his *advertiser censored* out of there?

And yes, the other robot is still lying dead on the concrete. OMG. WE ARE IDIOTS SOMETIMES.

Johnny 5 still alive? :)~ Have they reported what the nature of the threats were yet? The op link says a felony warrant led to a chase that ended at the fed building. So to clarify, were they just trying to serve this guy with a warrant? :confused: (thanks in advance. Im far from a tv/radio right now)

Johnny 5 is hanging in there. R2D2 has fallen and can't get up.

The FBI, Secret Service and LAPD are all there.

No word on what this little wussy guy in a red bug did to create all this.

Ridiculous!

I CANNOT wait to see what kind of 56 yo drives a shiney red VW Beetle and makes big bad threats against the government.

I'm still at work because I can't leave without closure on this circus!

have we heard what the threats actually were? I mean they went to pick him up based on these threats and didn't he take them on a chase ending up here at the fed Building? i mean he landed right in the middle of no nonsense land.

>The incident began with a pursuit through parts of the Westside and ended at the Federal Building, where the Los Angeles Police Department and UCLA police officers blocked the vehic<<
I mean come on!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong