IN - Mother strangles own daughter to get back at boyfriend

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
If this is a duplicate, I apologize and please combine the threads.

I was floored when I read this and still am. I truly don't get it. These poor, poor innocent children. :furious:

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/Couple_accused_of_shocking_child_abuse_20090813

GREENWOOD, Ind. (WISH) - A mother accused of strangling her own daughter to get back at her boyfriend is behind bars. The woman's boyfriend was arrested last week. He's accused of beating the woman's four-year-old son so badly, he's now in coma.

Greenwood police were first tipped off to the abuse when the mother brought her son to the hospital with severe head injuries. When police were questioning her about the abuse, she first denied it, but later admitted both she and her boyfriend beat the children. Greenwood police say the abuse has been going on for at least 17 months.

What?

WTF?

You've got to be kidding me.

Just to make it clear, the daughter isn't dead. However --
Greenwood Police Department Commander Matt Fillenwarth said, "Alea was Pacheco's favorite and Arrowood would beat her to get back at him. She would pick the little girl up by her hair, choke her and then throw her around the room."

AND

Investigators believe abuse against the boy could've been caught before he was hospitalized. Court documents say the daycare center Raymond went to saw the marks on him and told Jessica that they "wouldn't report her this time."

from Lucy's Mom's link

What can you really say about people like this??? And I use "people" lightly here. :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

The grown ups beat the kids instead of each other, when they were mad at each other? I really have no words except what a couple of ...........

The grown ups beat the kids instead of each other, when they were mad at each other? I really have no words except what a couple of ...........

The worst case of passive-aggressiveness towards a mate that I believe I've ever seen. JMHO

It's awful isn't it Suzi? My mind readily filled in the blank you left, except mine had a few "f" bombs in it :eek:

People who hurt their own children should be taken out back and shot. Sorry, I know this is my first post here, but this is just the way I feel. These people have no redeeming qualities -- therefore they don't need to be around. :furious:

:( These poor children being used as punching bags by their parents. Shame on the daycare for not reporting what they suspected. I hope both children make a full medical and psychological recovery away from these parents.

Welcome to WS CPACHICK!

Does anyone know what the prognosis is for the brother?

All I have to say is, what the "f" is wrong with people?!

Welcome CPACHICK
Here we go again. These scums of the earth were doing this for sometime. NO ONE ever called cps, surely someone knew this was going on. Auhhhh this makes me so mad.

Welcome CPAChick!!

This is absolutely sickening!

I hope the daycare looses their license. This is not right. How could anyone send a child home to their abuser without calling CPS? these people do not need to be caretakers for children.

People who hurt their own children should be taken out back and shot. Sorry, I know this is my first post here, but this is just the way I feel. These people have no redeeming qualities -- therefore they don't need to be around. :furious:

Personally, I think that was a fabulous first post! And I couldn't agree more. Words fail me.... Okay, not really, but all the words that come to mind would get me sent to time out.

It may be your first post, but many of us can totally relate to the way you feel about this!

I just do not even know what to say. WHY do people like this have children? WHY?

I love the "take 'em out back & shoot 'em" idea. Course, that's not how we roll here in the good old USA, but sometimes, I sure wish it was!

I hope the daycare looses their license. This is not right. How could anyone send a child home to their abuser without calling CPS? these people do not need to be caretakers for children.

ITA! If you haven't read the comments section in that article, go back and read it. One post is from the step-dad of a worker at the daycare and another post is from someone who used to work there. This is sick!

I will pray for all these babies.

Those poor children....how will they ever trust anyone ever again. I hope the mother and boyfriend never see the light of day again. The same goes for the daycare, as well. How in the world could any one do this, much less their own mother.

I just want to let you guys know I worked for a daycare for a while and they never would report abuse either. It was so she could keep the money coming in, how sad is that. Thank the lord it was shut down.

good first post

:eek:

The two adults in this home are beyond words. And why am I not surprised that they managed to find a daycare facility that would enable their behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back