Man arrested for hiting girl with pizza

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Wow, no wonder my state is called the Redneck Riviera. It's people like this that gives us this honor and she definately has a red neck now lol. For Gosh sake aim for the hips that's where the pizza ends up anyways.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_PIZZA_THROWER_FLOL-?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Gainesville father has been arrested for hitting his daughter with a pizza slice.
The 38-year-old man was arrested early Friday on a charge of child abuse without great harm, a third-degree felony. The man's name was being withheld to protect the identity of the victim.
Deputy Nick Vickers says the man used racist and sexist terms when he asked his daughter to turn off her computer, and she fired back with some crude language of her own.
Vickers says the father "intentionally threw a slice of pizza at the victim, striking her in the back of the neck, against her will."
The girl, whose age was not available, called 911 and her father was arrested.
---

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand I think I'd rather get a piece of pizza thrown at me than be spanked, or shot, or murdered (as we know many of the parents who end up on websleuths resort to). On the other hand, there's no excuse for abuse in any form against a child. Plus there's no excuse to waste a perfectly good slice of a mouth watering pepperoni with olives, onions, and peppers.... mmmm. This story makes me hungry.

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand I think I'd rather get a piece of pizza thrown at me than be spanked, or shot, or murdered (as we know many of the parents who end up on websleuths resort to). On the other hand, there's no excuse for abuse in any form against a child. Plus there's no excuse to waste a perfectly good slice of a mouth watering pepperoni with olives, onions, and peppers.... mmmm. This story makes me hungry.

Damn you Kittenish!! (shaking fist) Now I'll have to order one of those unless my willpower is very strong!! :nono: :mad:

Wow, no wonder my state is called the Redneck Riviera. It's people like this that gives us this honor and she definately has a red neck now lol. For Gosh sake aim for the hips that's where the pizza ends up anyways.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_PIZZA_THROWER_FLOL-?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Gainesville father has been arrested for hitting his daughter with a pizza slice.
The 38-year-old man was arrested early Friday on a charge of child abuse without great harm, a third-degree felony. The man's name was being withheld to protect the identity of the victim.
Deputy Nick Vickers says the man used racist and sexist terms when he asked his daughter to turn off her computer, and she fired back with some crude language of her own.
Vickers says the father "intentionally threw a slice of pizza at the victim, striking her in the back of the neck, against her will."
The girl, whose age was not available, called 911 and her father was arrested.

---

1. Racist? Isn't he of the same race?

2. Striking her in the back of her neck against her will?? :waitasec:

3. Aren't most kids pizza faces and not pizza necks? :confused:

2. Striking her in the back of her neck against her will?? :waitasec:

As opposed to striking her in the back of her neck with a pizza when she wanted it?? I cannot imagine a scenario in which it wouldn't be against her will..... Hmmm, something to ponder.

as opposed to striking her in the back of her neck with a pizza when she wanted it?? I cannot imagine a scenario in which it wouldn't be against her will..... Hmmm, something to ponder.

bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like that he resorted to throwing pizza at his daughter. Pretty stupid behavior. I do wonder though, if he had sent his daughter to her room without dinner, would he face charges for keeping her from eating?

I don't like that he resorted to throwing pizza at his daughter. Pretty stupid behavior. I do wonder though, if he had sent his daughter to her room without dinner, would he face charges for keeping her from eating?

He had a change of heart about that and was merely trying to throw the pizza in her mouth and she unexpectedly turned around. :crazy:

He had a change of heart about that and was merely trying to throw the pizza in her mouth and she unexpectedly turned around. :crazy:

The reaction he got from telling her to get off the computer makes me think he should have saved the pizza and tossed her computer out the window.

I have not heard if this Dad was loud or violent in the past.
I am wondering if it was not her being difficult and then dared to call the cops on Dad. I hate to say it but it is a possibility Little "B" in action; Poor Dad ordered Pizza he must have planned to sit and eat with her.
I have no opinion just playing devil's advocate/
Because there is no history coming out on him.

I think they should both have to work at the homeless shelter and see how people go hungry everyday while the two of them are acting childish while wasting good food.

I think they should both have to work at the homeless shelter and see how people go hungry everyday while the two of them are acting childish while wasting good food.

That's an exceptional idea! Knowing how terrible teens can behave and it sounds like this dad may have just "snapped" (we've read of snapping at it's worst here), having each spend an hour or two a week in a shelter or soup kitchen, could be a wake up point for both.

Thanks Sleuthster, I'm not going to wait for the next time my "tween" acts up to try this method, I think I know a church soup kitchen that may just take some volunteers. :blowkiss:

That's an exceptional idea! Knowing how terrible teens can behave and it sounds like this dad may have just "snapped" (we've read of snapping at it's worst here), having each spend an hour or two a week in a shelter or soup kitchen, could be a wake up point for both.

Thanks Sleuthster, I'm not going to wait for the next time my "tween" acts up to try this method, I think I know a church soup kitchen that may just take some volunteers. :blowkiss:

You'd have to guard against food fights. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back