1411 users online (247 members and 1164 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    From America's unknown child website early lead Does anyone know or can find out who this little boy was that was put in this orphanage or who his parents were or what private orphanage in west Philadelphia he was put into? I think this little boy should be looked into again.Please let me know if you find out who he was.

Unidentified Pennsylvania Couple - In March 1957, a Manayunk, PA couple told detectives they thought the boy might be their 6-year-old son, whom they had last seen seven months earlier when he was placed in an orphanage by the Municipal Court. The mother said the boy "looks like him" and the father said he wasn't "too sure." A team of detectives later found the boy in a private orphanage in West Philadelphia.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Has any one heard any updates on this little one.Well,It looks like no one is doing anything to find out who this little boy is.That's so sad.The answers are out there.We just need to not forget about him and keep bumping him up here and looking for who he is.May I please ask someone to re investigate his case again.This little one does deserve his name on his grave

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    Has any one heard any updates on this little one.Well,It looks like no one is doing anything to find out who this little boy is.That's so sad.The answers are out there.We just need to not forget about him and keep bumping him up here and looking for who he is.May I please ask someone to re investigate his case again.This little one does deserve his name on his grave
    If I may please put this again.

A poster under one of the links wrote

''There was another lead also to Remington Bristow the medical examiners office in 1984.An Anonymous letter was written to him about a family in Pottstown that a father was charged several times with neglect.Does anyone know more on this story or who these people were.''

Might be worth digging about to find out the outcome was, if any.

It could just be, me but I got the impression recently that solving it was more important than naming this child. DNA could lead to his mothers side and possibly bring up brothers/sisters etc but wouldn't say who murdered this boy. I think naming him would give him his dignity at least, solving the crime due to the passage of time and more than likely the death of the perp would come secondry. Does it just depend on money available to solve it ? but no money available to name him ? I don't know how these things work. Just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    A poster under one of the links wrote

''There was another lead also to Remington Bristow the medical examiners office in 1984.An Anonymous letter was written to him about a family in Pottstown that a father was charged several times with neglect.Does anyone know more on this story or who these people were.''

Might be worth digging about to find out the outcome was, if any.

It could just be, me but I got the impression recently that solving it was more important than naming this child. DNA could lead to his mothers side and possibly bring up brothers/sisters etc but wouldn't say who murdered this boy. I think naming him would give him his dignity at least, solving the crime due to the passage of time and more than likely the death of the perp would come secondry. Does it just depend on money available to solve it ? but no money available to name him ? I don't know how these things work. Just thinking out loud.
    Yes.I put that link on.I agree it's one of the leads that should be looked into and the Manayunk Pennsylvania couples boy that was put into a orphanage.I'm suggesting they check that little boy with mtDNA for a possible match to this little boy in the box.

The J C Penny store was under 20 miles away from Susquehanna road ( in Upper Darby) I wonder what the address of the shop who made the hat with the leather stap was located ? Anybody know ? It could look to it being a local family and not travellers passing through.
    I'm looking to triangulate an area to narrow it down (if it's possible).

The orphanages and foster folk where possible, would have been checked.
    Could the boy have been born out of wedlock and passed to a family member who moved to the area ? Maybe the boy was killed before he was known and established.
    Somebody looked after him well before and IMO believed there was no reason to think he had come to harm.
    I'm looking at news archive to see if anything is written before he was found, not quite sure what I'm looking for, will know it if I see it.

Edited to add- News may bring up a death of a parent or family which brought on somebody 'taking on ' this boy.

I think one of these orphanages or foster homes lied to police or falsified records.

Arrow

Any chance the Cold Case "Boy in the Box" (S01E14) YouTube video can be edited (to remove copyright mat'l) or refreshed from another site? It is being blocked now (the YouTube link). Or is a similar video available elsewhere? This would be a wonderful case for WS'ers to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    I don't know about guilty but they would be a heck of alot closer to the truth if they find the match/parents . It would give them a starting point although in a sence it's almost the perfect crime if it was them. All they would have to say was the boy was abducted in the middle of the night and there's no way do prove it or dis prove it. I can't believe i even have to ask this as it's beyond my comprehension to even think about but what would you be charged with if you didn't report your child taken. This case is kinda similar to CA in that way. If they don't report it common sense to me atleast says thier guilty but when its this many years later how do you prove it ?

BBM We don't know for certain that he wasn't reported missing. There is a slim chance that he was and his identity is buried in the middle of and old newpaper somewhere.

Mel

I just googled "boy in a box" and found this in a Philly newspaper.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/wh...-box-part-one/

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/wh...-box-part-two/

(to read Part Two don't click on the link in the story...its broken... either cut & paste the second url into your browser or change the last word from one to two.)

Mel

Unknown Child

I am new here and I was reading this and my thoughts keep telling me this boy could possible be Amish JMO .I Pray one day his identity is found out \
    This Little Light Of Mine....

I pray this New year of 2014 he will have his real name on his gravestone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3