1272 users online (285 members and 987 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Isabella Valdes, 2, Miami, 14 Aug 2009

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...-53356372.html

Updated 4:15 PM EDT, Sun, Aug 16, 2009

news local-beat Toddler Missing After Father Shot to Death
    Was last seen with her sister

A man is dead, a toddler is missing and police are looking for a 20-year-old woman...

...The 2-year-old girl, whose name is Isabella Valdes, was last seen with her sister, 20-year-old Yiliam Rodriguez.

Police have not released the name of the man, who was 43 years old.
    anyone with information contact the Homicide Bureau at (305) 471-2400 or Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kat; 08-16-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Wrong day of month for the day Isabella last seen.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Here's a myspace for the 20-yr-old sister who is alleged to have taken her. (It's private.)
    http://www.myspace.com/yiiliiam

Her mood is "super cansada" (tired).

Seems like there could be a possibility that both girls were taken?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...y/1188680.html

Posted on Sunday, 08.16.09

...Police said the 2-year-old girl, Isabella Valdes, was nowhere to be found Saturday when officers entered an apartment in North Miami-Dade and found the bloody body of a 43-year-old man.

According to police, the yet-unnamed man resided with the toddler at an apartment located at the 17900 block of Northwest 68 Avenue...
    I will change the missing date for Isabella to reflect she was last seen this past Friday.

LE further states she has "special needs".

Prayers they find her safe and soon!
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Plus, her ms page says "Yiliam al fin llegue a tallahassee OMG que viajesito estoy muertaaaa* tata i miss u***"

So, does that say that "I've finally arrived in Tallahassee and OMG what a trip, I'm dead"?

It says the last time she logged in was yesterday, but I guess that could have been LE logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Plus, her ms page says "Yiliam al fin llegue a tallahassee OMG que viajesito estoy muertaaaa* tata i miss u***"

So, does that say that "I've finally arrived in Tallahassee and OMG what a trip, I'm dead"?
    Yes Steadfast, I called my Husband in to read over my shoulder, he says yes that is the correct translation. I wonder if LE has seen this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yes Steadfast, I called my Husband in to read over my shoulder, he says yes that is the correct translation. I wonder if LE has seen this yet?
    Surely they've looked at her myspace page! -- although you never know.

I called crimestoppers. They did not have her myspace page, but are glad that they do now.

I called crimestoppers. They did not have her myspace page, but are glad that they do now.
    Wow! Good move!

How could they be so negligent to not even make a cursory search for her name? Why is that the first thing we'd do here, but they don't even think to do it at all? Weird.

Wow! Good move!

How could they be so negligent to not even make a cursory search for her name? Why is that the first thing we'd do here, but they don't even think to do it at all? Weird.
    I think it's a homicide investigation right now Steadfast. I really didn't think much about it, because the investigation started yesterday.

I just hope that Isabella is with her step-sister and that she is safe and sound.

Her little face is so precious!

I think it's a homicide investigation right now Steadfast. I really didn't think much about it, because the investigation started yesterday.

I just hope that Isabella is with her step-sister and that she is safe and sound.

Her little face is so precious!
    I hope both sisters are safe and sound. Isn't it weird how they've backed off from saying the murdered man was Isabella's father? I wonder who the "Tata" is that Yiliam says she misses? Doesn't it mean "Daddy"? (Ask your husband, Kat.)

I hope both sisters are safe and sound. Isn't it weird how they've backed off from saying the murdered man was Isabella's father? I wonder who the "Tata" is that Yiliam says she misses? Doesn't it mean "Daddy"? (Ask your husband, Kat.)
    Tata was interpreted by my Husband to mean "byebye" like as in "Tata see you later"...

Yes I hope the sisters are found quickly and that they are safe and sound too!

Tata was interpreted by my Husband to mean "byebye" like as in "Tata see you later"...

Yes I hope the sisters are found quickly and that they are safe and sound too!
    But look at "tata" in this dictionary of Caribbean usage. It says it means "father." This family could be Cuban or other Caribbean extraction. Just seems interesting that it would say "Tata, I miss you," when her dad or stepdad (or other?) has just been murdered and she supposedly has the child who lived at the house.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Pmv...0daddy&f=false

But look at "tata" in this dictionary of Caribbean usage. It says it means "father." This family could be Cuban or other Caribbean extraction. Just seems interesting that it would say "Tata, I miss you," when her dad or stepdad (or other?) has just been murdered and she supposedly has the child who lived at the house.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Pmv...0daddy&f=false
    I asked my Husband, he is PR (very close to Cuban spanish) and he said that yes you can interpret it as a slang name, but that he couldn't tell who she meant if she were referring to someone she called Tata. It could be a nickname she uses for someone, it could be a playname (examples he gave were memaw and pepaw in english...etc...).

He says he doesn't know her and her family so he can't be sure what it is she meant by that so that is why he went with tata as in see you later.

So I guess you could interpret it like that SF. He just said that he's never heard anyone call their father or step-father or male family member that before.

I hope that the LE can find her quickly!

Prayers for the sisters, and their families.

I asked my Husband, he is PR (very close to Cuban spanish) and he said that yes you can interpret it as a slang name, but that he couldn't tell who she meant if she were referring to someone she called Tata. It could be a nickname she uses for someone, it could be a playname (examples he gave were memaw and pepaw in english...etc...).

He says he doesn't know her and her family so he can't be sure what it is she meant by that so that is why he went with tata as in see you later.

So I guess you could interpret it like that SF. He just said that he's never heard anyone call their father or step-father or male family member that before.

I hope that the LE can find her quickly!

Prayers for the sisters, and their families.
    I must admit, it doesn't seem like she's addressing that sentence to someone who she knows was just murdered. It doesn't seem like she's sad, and it's buried after the report of her trip. I guess we'll just have to wait for more info.

It's so hard to interpret what happened. I mean, was there some threat and she took Isabella to protect her? Did the dead man do something bad to Isabella and her sister killed him and ran? Does the sister just happen to have Isabella and may not even know about the murder? Were both girls kidnapped? And on and on. . .

Isabella found safe

http://cbs4.com/local/miami.dade.police.2.1130912.html

Aug 16, 2009 8:58 pm US/Eastern

Missing 2-Year-Old Is Found Safe

Miami-Dade said Sunday night that they had ended their search for a 2-year-old child with special needs whose father was found murdered in their home...

...Police said they had found Isabella, but declined to give specifics about where she had been or if Rodriguez was with her...
    I'm very relieved to hear that this precious baby has been found safe!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast