Rare opinion piece on JBR from Denver Post

Of course it does,Lacy's dna doesn't make the fiber evidence,the rn and so other many things just go away.

If an outsider is ever charged — remember Lacey's John Mark Karr debacle of three years ago? — it wouldn't be hard to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt in at least one juror's mind. A pile of evidence still points to the possibility a family member killed JonBenet.

Not only did Lacy's decision clear the prime suspects,but she made it harder for an intruder to be prosecuted if that will ever be the case (IMO it won't).

Thanks for posting that. There's no similarities in the two cases except the ages of the daughters. I remember reading about that case a while back. There were SEVEN children living in depicable conditions....there is a family history and socioeconomic conditions that factor into the killing of this child.

If there is ever a DNA match, the perp will be convicted. It all hinges on the DNA in the JBR case. As far as clearing or not clearing...that is way overblown. Someone can be cleared one day---a suspect the next. Lacy wanted to set the record straight as far as where things stood with all the evidence, and I applaud her for doing that.

The reporter is not correct regarding the handwriting analysis---we know Patsy scored very low on the l-5 scale--I believe 4.5--with 5 being she did not write the note. I wish these guys would get their facts right.

There is a comment below the piece that is interesting, IMO. Both of the cases are heartbreaking.

Thanks for posting that. There's no similarities in the two cases except the ages of the daughters. I remember reading about that case a while back. There were SEVEN children living in depicable conditions....there is a family history and socioeconomic conditions that factor into the killing of this child.

If there is ever a DNA match, the perp will be convicted. It all hinges on the DNA in the JBR case. As far as clearing or not clearing...that is way overblown. Someone can be cleared one day---a suspect the next. Lacy wanted to set the record straight as far as where things stood with all the evidence, and I applaud her for doing that.

The reporter is not correct regarding the handwriting analysis---we know Patsy scored very low on the l-5 scale--I believe 4.5--with 5 being she did not write the note. I wish these guys would get their facts right.

In fairness, though, Maikai, wasn't that 1-5 scale a sort of made-up appellation by the 'defence.' Even if it wasn't, there are plenty that don't eliminate her using more standard methodology.

WRT Lacy, the problem is that she has identified the DNA as being critical and has essentially handed anyone whose DNA doesn't match (no matter how well they fit otherwise) their reasonable doubt. I can almost write the defence lawyer's speech now...

Her motives may have been as pure as the driven snow but she made a cataclysmic mistake that could ruin the chances of this case ever being successfully tried. I don 't know here her head was...

In fairness, though, Maikai, wasn't that 1-5 scale a sort of made-up appellation by the 'defence.' Even if it wasn't, there are plenty that don't eliminate her using more standard methodology.

WRT Lacy, the problem is that she has identified the DNA as being critical and has essentially handed anyone whose DNA doesn't match (no matter how well they fit otherwise) their reasonable doubt. I can almost write the defence lawyer's speech now...

Her motives may have been as pure as the driven snow but she made a cataclysmic mistake that could ruin the chances of this case ever being successfully tried. I don 't know here her head was...

Sophie,

I understand your concerns. The reality of this case, much of the way it has been bungled by all parties involved, is DNA. It doesn't matter if we like it or not. I personally believe the DNA to be the biggest clue in the case and I understand that you do not. If for whatever reason all of this DNA was an innocent transference, this case will never be solved. We can point fingers all day but enough blame on all parties can be shared whether IDI, RDI, or whatever.

As far as clearing or not clearing...that is way overblown. Someone can be cleared one day---a suspect the next.

:clap:

Lacy wanted to set the record straight as far as where things stood with all the evidence, and I applaud her for doing that.

I think you need to rephrase that: it should say "as far as she stood," period.

The reporter is not correct regarding the handwriting analysis--we know Patsy scored very low on the l-5 scale--I believe 4.5--with 5 being she did not write the note.

Wrong. No such scale exists. US v. Thornton established a 9-point scale.

I wish these guys would get their facts right.

So do I. That's why it's nice to see one that does!

In fairness, though, Maikai, wasn't that 1-5 scale a sort of made-up appellation by the 'defence.'

You got it, love. Just whipped it out of thin air, they did.

That was the point the writer was trying to get across.

I could name a place...(LOL)

Sometimes I wonder if everyone ever stop to think if PR wrote this RN and other than killing JB what could get her to write the RN that could had been led back to her I know crazy thought here but I just ask my self this sometimes....

PR wrote the letter and she was the one threatening JR.. imo

if i remember correctly, the darn bogus letter never even mentions PR, its always about JR doe this, JR do that

and if that is the case, i find that really strange because a foreign faction
would certainly threaten both parent

ahhhh but *human nature* strikes again
( the writer doesnt mention themselves because they are the one writing the letter ) OHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHH

if PR knew JR was molesting JBR and yet JR knows that PR killed the child

who is a worse parent ?

a killer

a molester ?

both are bad, very vey very bad

:twocents:

But then again by threating JR this could open the doors to alot of different people that could be blamed....Mainly AG employees....And who among the two R's took more steps to cover their tracks in this crime...And he stated that in 2001 the lawyers hired investigators to make a defense for him if charges was ever brought against him...Now if I remember correctly PR died in 2006....

PR wrote the letter and she was the one threatening JR.. imo

if i remember correctly, the darn bogus letter never even mentions PR, its always about JR doe this, JR do that

and if that is the case, i find that really strange because a foreign faction
would certainly threaten both parent

ahhhh but *human nature* strikes again
( the writer doesnt mention themselves because they are the one writing the letter ) OHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHH

if PR knew JR was molesting JBR and yet JR knows that PR killed the child

who is a worse parent ?

a killer

a molester ?

both are bad, very vey very bad

:twocents:

On the other hand, JonBenet is not mentioned by name in the ransom note, either. Patsy was not mentioned in the Access article that appeared 4 days earlier. It's possible the writer did not know Patsy's name...just like JonBenet. AND if that is the case, it's not someone close to the Ramseys.

On the other hand, JonBenet is not mentioned by name in the ransom note, either. Patsy was not mentioned in the Access article that appeared 4 days earlier. It's possible the writer did not know Patsy's name...just like JonBenet. AND if that is the case, it's not someone close to the Ramseys.

"they" knew about the dollar amount of his bonus
"they" knew his phone number
"they" knew he was from the south

they were trampsing around the house for hours undetected... having access to everything....notebooks, wallets, mail, files, etc etc etc

easily could have found names of people if they wanted

nawwwwwwwww..... the reason no names other than john's were written is because the writer of the NOTE (PR) :crazy: could not separate herself
know what i mean ???:cool:

wonder if PR commonly used "percentages" when discussing every day situations. the Ransom note uses at least 2 references of percentages

99 percent and 100 percent

interesting, very interesting :cool:

wonder if PR commonly used "percentages" when discussing every day situations. the Ransom note uses at least 2 references of percentages

That is one thing I wonder too...But in the truth there just 1 percent difference...Not a very good percentage...So this could say JonBenet was done killed...But I still would have to wonder if JR wouldn't use % more since he was a business man...Just my opinion...But some reason other than PR attacking JR the one RN note did start Mr and Mrs..So I still believe JR knew to target himself cause making great money in the business he would have more enemies than PR ....

I thought that statistically women used percentages more than men (in regular conversation as opposed to scientific discussion).

That is one thing I wonder too...But in the truth there just 1 percent difference...Not a very good percentage...So this could say JonBenet was done killed...But I still would have to wonder if JR wouldn't use % more since he was a business man...Just my opinion...But some reason other than PR attacking JR the one RN note did start Mr and Mrs..So I still believe JR knew to target himself cause making great money in the business he would have more enemies than PR ....

Hi Ravyn.

as ST describes. the 'practice note' appears as such:

Mr. and Mrs. l

I thought that statistically women used percentages more than men (in regular conversation as opposed to scientific discussion).

Do you know the approximate percentage of times that women use percentages in speech? LOL:crazy: (Sorry, I couldn't resist) Seriously, though, is there really a statistic on THAT?

"they" knew about the dollar amount of his bonus
"they" knew his phone number
"they" knew he was from the south

they were trampsing around the house for hours undetected... having access to everything....notebooks, wallets, mail, files, etc etc etc

easily could have found names of people if they wanted

nawwwwwwwww..... the reason no names other than john's were written is because the writer of the NOTE (PR) :crazy: could not separate herself
know what i mean ???:cool:

The analysts said that not mentioning the victim's name is a way of depersonalizing them, thus the crime becomes less real. And I know I can't be the only one who notices how reticent the Rs became about mentioning her name. "My daughter, that child," etc., etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back