Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 734

Thread: CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Didn't know if you all knew or not, but HLN's PrimeTime is covering Hassani today. If you miss it, it'll be on again later tonight. I believe it's on till 6PM CT.

    I apologize if this was already posted, I'm still catching up from where I left off last night & posting new media for several different threads.

    Hi AWC , I have a really dumb question: what is HLN ?? I've heard of Primetime Live but don't know if it's the same thing.... thanks!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,099
    WOW...you guys been BUSY! The info thread is shaping up nicely. This is great!


    ETA: Columbo HLN is Headline News. I think it's a "CNN thing.'


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

    Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Is it not likely that his sister would too? I would think the smaller the child, the more easily the heat would affect them.

    Links about heat stroke ... symptoms
    http://www.drpaul.com/illnesses/heat.html

    says babies are especially prone ...
    http://www.easybabylife.com/heat-stroke.html
    Yeah, that question bothered me too - but we can see from this story that dad might have been in the habit of taking baby with him and not Hassani.

    Just a thought.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Hi AWC , I have a really dumb question: what is HLN ?? I've heard of Primetime Live but don't know if it's the same thing.... thanks!!
    Headline News

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    WOW...you guys been BUSY! The info thread is shaping up nicely. This is great!


    ETA: Columbo HLN is Headline News. I think it's a "CNN thing.'
    Thanks, Shutterfly! I will check out CNN .

  9. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Hey wanted to let you all know that Melissa Huckaby is indicted for MURDRER!!!!

    OT --- but I didn't know where else to put this!

    "Huckaby was indicted on five counts in connection with Cantu's murder Monday afternoon. She had two cuts on her forehead, rumored to be from an incident at the jail Monday morning."

    I guess karma is already coming around to bite her ???

    The autopsy results are going to remain sealed.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,855
    Police offer up to $10,000 for information leading to whereabouts of missing Fremont boy

    By Kristin Bender
    Oakland Tribune
    Posted: 08/17/2009 03:19:05 PM PDT
    Updated: 08/17/2009 03:19:06 PM PDT

    OAKLAND — Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland have announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Hassani Campbell, a disabled Fremont boy whose family members say he was last seen one week ago.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13145755

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Hey wanted to let you all know that Melissa Huckaby is indicted for MURDRER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    OT --- but I didn't know where else to put this!

    "Huckaby was indicted on five counts in connection with Cantu's murder Monday afternoon. She had two cuts on her forehead, rumored to be from an incident at the jail Monday morning."

    I guess karma is already coming around to bite her ???

    The autopsy results are going to remain sealed.
    Here's the link to the Huckaby thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87864"]Huckaby Court Date 17 Aug, 2009 @ 1 PM (PT) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:


  15. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    25,935
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Police offer up to $10,000 for information leading to whereabouts of missing Fremont boy

    By Kristin Bender
    Oakland Tribune
    Posted: 08/17/2009 03:19:05 PM PDT
    Updated: 08/17/2009 03:19:06 PM PDT

    OAKLAND — Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland have announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of 5-year-old Hassani Campbell, a disabled Fremont boy whose family members say he was last seen one week ago.

    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13145755
    Good evening! This is great news! I'd rather hear that Hassani was found, of course, but at least there is a reward which might get somebody to come forward with valuable information.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  17. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    I wonder what the parking situation in front of the store is. Seems as if double-parking for a few minutes would have been better/easier.
    Hi Noway! College Ave is really, really busy and double-parking would create an extreme inconvenience to other cars trying to use the street. It could even be dangerous if those inconvenienced got angry about it. Especially with two little kids in tow!!
    Just my opinion...

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  19. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ElePhEr
    Posts
    5,928

    Birthdate for JMC

    Think I finally got it - take a look:
    Attached Images Attached Images


  20. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Yeah, that question bothered me too - but we can see from this story that dad might have been in the habit of taking baby with him and not Hassani.

    Just a thought.
    I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.

  21. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.
    That is what LR said; and the scrap yard workers said that a child was crying in the car, they thought it was Hasanni; but we all wondered if possibly it was just the baby crying and Hasanni was already gone by then. (for lack of a good way to say it). It never was really clarified if the workers actually saw two children in the car....

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Hi Noway! College Ave is really, really busy and double-parking would create an extreme inconvenience to other cars trying to use the street. It could even be dangerous if those inconvenienced got angry about it. Especially with two little kids in tow!!
    Just my opinion...
    Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.

  24. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    Think I finally got it - take a look:
    By George, I think you've GOT IT!!!!


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

    Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:


  26. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,099
    Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
    (video included)

    *snipped*
    "Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

    "'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

    Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

    "All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

    Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:


  28. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ElePhEr
    Posts
    5,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    By George, I think you've GOT IT!!!!
    Hey Shutterfly ... yep, thinks we finally got it - it fits and we know JMC's mother's last name is Clark. I am going to go back in and try and find Shemika now. First, a drink

  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:


  30. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ElePhEr
    Posts
    5,928

    Bio Mom Birthdate

    Here we go:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:


  32. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.
    You're welcome, Noway. Maybe "congested" would have been a better word. It's just not the easiest place to find a parking spot, or get into and out of one; I was lucky on Saturday and found one on Harwood almost directly across the street from the alleyway.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  34. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,099
    WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

    "Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

    The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."


    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

    Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

  35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:


  36. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ElePhEr
    Posts
    5,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

    "Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

    The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."
    That just doesn't make good sense does it?

  37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:


  38. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

    "Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

    The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."
    Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

    Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

    Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ...

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:


  40. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
    (video included)

    *snipped*
    "Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

    "'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

    Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

    "All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."
    LR really does seem genuinely upset, anguished, angry and frustrated -- from what they have said it does sound like they have fought for them. Therapy for Hasanni was mentioned one time, etc etc.

    What keeps knocking me for a loop is that Hasanni was grabbed (if he was grabbed) and disappeared within a one or two minute time frame, in such a peaceful, harmless-seeming area! You'd think that LR would have had to see a perp or someone lurking around...I guess stranger things have happened. If he really was feeling rushed he might not have noticed someone passing by. Maybe they should hypnotize him! he might remember something that he wasn't aware of consciously (like a person coming down the street or by the back of the alley).

    Sorry--I just keep going around and around with this.

    I thought it was interesting what the policeman said about lack of leads. That is sad. Maybe the reward money will be enough to make someone rat out the perp (if there is a perp).

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


  42. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    Or maybe he got there and the thought of getting out with a 5 yo and an 18 mo was too much? I've felt that way at Wal-mart. The whole facing the crowd and cranky 3 yo and 10 yo and I've turned around and gone home, planning to make a late-night run by myself.

    But I wonder why there are different versions of what happened at the salvage yard. The truth is not this hard. Or it shouldn't be.

  43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:


  44. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    That just doesn't make good sense does it?
    It's odd.
    I know that I have gone to shopping malls with the intention of going into a store and then decide I am too exhausted to shop, so I don't even get out of my car, and just leave...this sounds a little different, though...

  45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CA - Hassani Campbell - 5 years old - Oakland - 10 Aug 2009
    By Lil Miss Sleuth in forum Hasanni Campbell
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 05:53 AM
  2. CA Hasanni Jamil Campbell (5) - Oakland CA, 2009
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
  3. CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #4
    By WhyaDuck? in forum Hasanni Campbell
    Replies: 495
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
  4. CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3
    By WhyaDuck? in forum Hasanni Campbell
    Replies: 633
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM
  5. CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1
    By WillenFan21 in forum Hasanni Campbell
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •