718 users online (102 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OH - Man Reports Wife Missing; Body Parts Found at Their House, Delphi Twp, 2009

Man Charged With Hiding Remains.

A 30 year old Delphi Township man accused of concealing human remains reported his wife missing this past weekend, his lawyer said Monday.

John P Strutz was taken into custody at his residence in the 500 block of Greenwell Ave early Monday morning.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...hiding+remains

OOps.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Busted

snip...Police have not released any information about the body; however, 9News has learned that it was of an adult and was significantly dismembered.

snip...Detectives are currently searching the riverbank near the Anderson Ferry. Divers were in the Ohio River near the ferry late Monday afternoon. Officials are not saying if this search has any connection to the case.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...1sU-PW5Lw.cspx
    It has me puzzled. Hubby reports seeing her last on Fri., contacted her family on Sat. and reported her missing to LE on Sat. News is saying LE found dismembered remains found in a trash can. (Pics show a trash can was outside the house.) LE then did a search of the riverbank (what for?) I am also hearing on the news that the riverbank search is done and they are moving on to the dump.

Dang. Their kids aged 3, 5, and 6. And she had another child. Wonder where they were Fri. and Sat.?

Ok, why did he take the time to dismember her and keep her remains around the house? Why did he report her missing before he really hid or disposed of the remains? What is LE looking for around the river and the dump???? (I am guessing that some body parts might be missing? Must be major parts since they determined it so quickly.)

On Monday night, a Rumpke worker told News 5 that Delhi police were at the Rumpke landfill conducting a search. The woman said police had been there since 10:30 p.m., and that they told her they expected to be there for several hours.

"We were hoping they would find her alive," family friend Lauren Minor said.

Minor is one of Kristan Strutz's co-workers at a Delhi nursing home. She said she spent a day with the Strutz family the day before Kristan Strutz disappeared and that she didn't notice any problems.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20427742/detail.html

Ok, most articles kinda hint that the remains were found at or near the home. The attorney is the guy who mentioned that she may have been found in a garbage can. Now this article says her remains were found on a riverbank.

Local 12 has confirmed from two law enforcement sources that searchers found the partial remains of a woman earlier in the day along the Ohio River.
    http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/s...qC0UMfJNw.cspx

One commenter says he/she has known John for 11 yrs, he couldn't harm Kristan. Says LE is looking at dismembered remains in the home, remains at Anderson Ferry, looking at Rumpke and looking at a firepit from a party. Also says they found blood drops at the home (says that could be from Kristan's recent ankle surgery), and took bleach bottles from the home.

Another commenter mentions something about a fire in his yard Sat. night (looks like that might be local rumor?)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...spx?p=Comments

Odd comment, mentions a new refridgerator and was there really a broken water pipe or what was he digging for. No explanation.

Here is the explanation for the above comment. He had been digging up his front and side yard recently because he thought he had a water leak and he recently bought a fridge. John moved there about 2 years ago.

Same commenter says he was a neighbor of the family. Says John was a jerk with a bad temper.
    Last edited by mysteriew; 08-18-2009 at 02:49 AM.

I just heard about this from my husband. I live very close to the home and grew up within blocks of it. My husband said he heard that they found some body parts in the back yard (per the radio news). This makes no sense at all...to report her missing before finishing the "job" or to last see her at 10:00 PM and think she was with her aunt? Who was taking care of the kids?
    I know Backsheider, the neighbor who said the husband was a nice guy. He used to have an auto repair business there. It at one time (early 70's) was an upper middle class neighborhood but has declined a lot the last few years. We just moved 3 weeks ago about 10 miles away.
    God bless her and her family, she is gone, no doubt.
    ^i^

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    On Monday night, a Rumpke worker told News 5 that Delhi police were at the Rumpke landfill conducting a search. The woman said police had been there since 10:30 p.m., and that they told her they expected to be there for several hours.

"We were hoping they would find her alive," family friend Lauren Minor said.

Minor is one of Kristan Strutz's co-workers at a Delhi nursing home. She said she spent a day with the Strutz family the day before Kristan Strutz disappeared and that she didn't notice any problems.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20427742/detail.html

"I believe there are angels among us..."

Anderson Ferry is a road that runs nearby and dead ends into the Ohio River. The river is about 5 to 7 miles away...my guess.
    Rumpke is our garbage dump for most of the city and just huge..many miles from the home...about 20, I'd think. They'd go to the dump if they found evidence of her in the yard or garbage cans, I suppose...but I haven't heard about going to the river and wonder what is leading them there?
    ^i^

One commenter says he/she has known John for 11 yrs, he couldn't harm Kristan. Says LE is looking at dismembered remains in the home, remains at Anderson Ferry, looking at Rumpke and looking at a firepit from a party. Also says they found blood drops at the home (says that could be from Kristan's recent ankle surgery), and took bleach bottles from the home.

Another commenter mentions something about a fire in his yard Sat. night (looks like that might be local rumor?)

Storm, sadly in this kind of case the type of neighborhood really doesn't have that much to do with it IMO. It could have been a slum or the most elite neighborhood in the city.

You are absolutely right.
    It has nothing to do with the crime..not even sure why I mentioned it.
    I think it was to give a sort of background of the area.?
    ^i^

Storm, sadly in this kind of case the type of neighborhood really doesn't have that much to do with it IMO. It could have been a slum or the most elite neighborhood in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Anderson Ferry is a road that runs nearby and dead ends into the Ohio River. The river is about 5 to 7 miles away...my guess.
    Rumpke is our garbage dump for most of the city and just huge..many miles from the home...about 20, I'd think. They'd go to the dump if they found evidence of her in the yard or garbage cans, I suppose...but I haven't heard about going to the river and wonder what is leading them there?
    ^i^
    I'm thinking that some of the remains may have been distributed in different areas already. But news media is being cagey about it and local rumors aren't really clear, so this is just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    You are absolutely right.
    It has nothing to do with the crime..not even sure why I mentioned it.
    I think it was to give a sort of background of the area.?
    ^i^
    LOL Storm it is just me. = I just have a pet peeve. DV crimes no matter how sensational happen in every neighborhood and it just seems like so few people understand that.

In an exclusive interview 9News spoke to Sarah Wright. She used to be married to Strutz's brother.

snip....She told 9News she didn't think he was capable of hurting his wife Kristin, who attended Oak Hills High School.

"I read it and it didn't seem real," said Sarah Wright.

"That's not John. That's not anything. I've known him since he was 18-years-old and he's 30 now and that is absolutely not the guy I've known for a really long time," continued Wright.

Neighbors said there had been a bonfire at the house Thursday night. That's where investigators were sifting through the ashes looking for potential evidence
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...zzi50GhOA.cspx
    Last edited by mysteriew; 08-18-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Ok, John's coworker says they were looking at a firepit from a party. Kristin's coworker says she was at the home the day before Kristin went missing and didn't notice any problems. Media says that neighbors are saying there was a bonfire at the home on Thurs. nite.

I'm guessing that they did have some type of get together on Thurs, so is hubby the only one who saw her on Fri? Then hubby reports her missing on Sat. night. One of the above commenters said something like he reported her missing after he and the kids got home on Sat. No mention of where he and the kids had been.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast