788 users online (103 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sears, Kmart Launch Christmas Club Card

Sears, Kmart Launch Christmas Club Card

NEW YORK (AP) Sears Holdings Corp. aims to get an edge over its competition this holiday season by getting shoppers to start saving for Christmas presents now through a new card that mimics an old-fashioned Christmas club account.
    http://www.mainstreet.com/article/sm...m_ven=msunited

Loved those old Christmas Club accounts through the banks.

My parents and grandparents always did the Christmas Club thing... and we would always look forward to the Sears Wishbook so we could use it to write down what we wanted from "Santa". LoL

I would be cautious, Kmart is closing a couple stores in Florida according to st pete times article. I would be leary of any pre paid cards now a days. I remember last year there where a few retailers that closed right after christmas and people could only shop online with their cards.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American mid-range chain of international department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears [1] merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.

I believe many Kmart stores may close. Sometimes it takes years for a merger to be completed. Sears purchased Kmart. I would double check , however, I believe Sears will honor the cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears
    Last edited by KateB; 05-30-2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I would be cautious, Kmart is closing a couple stores in Florida according to st pete times article. I would be leary of any pre paid cards now a days. I remember last year there where a few retailers that closed right after christmas and people could only shop online with their cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American mid-range chain of international department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears [1] merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.

I believe many Kmart stores may close. Sometimes it takes years for a merger to be completed. Sears purchased Kmart. I would double check , however, I believe Sears will honor the cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears

Best reason to post such to WS.....someone got your back. Thanks for posting the warnings, I was caught up in a nostalgic moment and did forget recent problems with cards.

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Best reason to post such to WS.....someone got your back. Thanks for posting the warnings, I was caught up in a nostalgic moment and did forget recent problems with cards.
    I agree that I would just make sure with Sears that they are going to honor the cards or that you will still be able to use them online then they can be a good idea.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    My mom always did this too! I still love the Wish Book! LOL! Maybe we wouldn't have so many people losing their homes if they went back to these "saving" for what you want instead of the instant gratification clubs everywhere that suggest putting on credit what you can't afford today. Just pay it next month!

Just to pass it on, the KMart we have here is huge, yet always had half the selves empty. Went in a few times after we moved here but haven't been in a couple years. My dh went by there a few days ago and said the store has been completely remodeled and the shelves are all stocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Man I hate to hear this...I worked for kmart for almost 4 yrs, back when I was a single mom with 2 girls to raise. It broke my heart when our store was one of the ones to close...we beat the first and second waves...thought we had made it only to come in one morning and hear "company meeting" and at that point "compnay meeting" was nice words for "store closing."
    I had entertained hopes that Kmart would come back strong and rebuild in formerly closed areas...
    *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Man I hate to hear this...I worked for kmart for almost 4 yrs, back when I was a single mom with 2 girls to raise. It broke my heart when our store was one of the ones to close...we beat the first and second waves...thought we had made it only to come in one morning and hear "company meeting" and at that point "compnay meeting" was nice words for "store closing."
    I had entertained hopes that Kmart would come back strong and rebuild in formerly closed areas...
    *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, here in NC and also in VA they have opened some stores that were closed. i'm wondering if these closing's are just strategic and they will rebuild in a different area in the future? I thought kmart was doing better?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~