Sears, Kmart Launch Christmas Club Card

capoly

Reaction score
Sears, Kmart Launch Christmas Club Card

NEW YORK (AP) — Sears Holdings Corp. aims to get an edge over its competition this holiday season by getting shoppers to start saving for Christmas presents now through a new card that mimics an old-fashioned Christmas club account.
http://www.mainstreet.com/article/s...rt-launch-christmas-club-card?cm_ven=msunited

Loved those old Christmas Club accounts through the banks.

My parents and grandparents always did the Christmas Club thing... and we would always look forward to the Sears Wishbook so we could use it to write down what we wanted from "Santa". LoL

I would be cautious, Kmart is closing a couple stores in Florida according to st pete times article. I would be leary of any pre paid cards now a days. I remember last year there where a few retailers that closed right after christmas and people could only shop online with their cards.

Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American mid-range chain of international department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears [1] merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.

I believe many Kmart stores may close. Sometimes it takes years for a merger to be completed. Sears purchased Kmart. I would double check , however, I believe Sears will honor the cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears

I would be cautious, Kmart is closing a couple stores in Florida according to st pete times article. I would be leary of any pre paid cards now a days. I remember last year there where a few retailers that closed right after christmas and people could only shop online with their cards.

Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American mid-range chain of international department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears [1] merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.

I believe many Kmart stores may close. Sometimes it takes years for a merger to be completed. Sears purchased Kmart. I would double check , however, I believe Sears will honor the cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears

Best reason to post such to WS.....someone got your back. Thanks for posting the warnings, I was caught up in a nostalgic moment and did forget recent problems with cards.

Best reason to post such to WS.....someone got your back. Thanks for posting the warnings, I was caught up in a nostalgic moment and did forget recent problems with cards.

I agree that I would just make sure with Sears that they are going to honor the cards or that you will still be able to use them online then they can be a good idea.

My mom always did this too! I still love the Wish Book! LOL! Maybe we wouldn't have so many people losing their homes if they went back to these "saving" for what you want instead of the instant gratification clubs everywhere that suggest putting on credit what you can't afford today. Just pay it next month!

Just to pass it on, the KMart we have here is huge, yet always had half the selves empty. Went in a few times after we moved here but haven't been in a couple years. My dh went by there a few days ago and said the store has been completely remodeled and the shelves are all stocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man I hate to hear this...I worked for kmart for almost 4 yrs, back when I was a single mom with 2 girls to raise. It broke my heart when our store was one of the ones to close...we beat the first and second waves...thought we had made it only to come in one morning and hear "company meeting" and at that point "compnay meeting" was nice words for "store closing."
I had entertained hopes that Kmart would come back strong and rebuild in formerly closed areas...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I hate to hear this...I worked for kmart for almost 4 yrs, back when I was a single mom with 2 girls to raise. It broke my heart when our store was one of the ones to close...we beat the first and second waves...thought we had made it only to come in one morning and hear "company meeting" and at that point "compnay meeting" was nice words for "store closing."
I had entertained hopes that Kmart would come back strong and rebuild in formerly closed areas...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, here in NC and also in VA they have opened some stores that were closed. i'm wondering if these closing's are just strategic and they will rebuild in a different area in the future? I thought kmart was doing better?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back