Speeders beware

athy

Reaction score
not sure where to put this, its bizarre but funny too.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5812173/

A group of Durham residents are taking aim at speeders with the threat of a paintball gun.

The group, Angry Neighbors With Paintball Guns, says it is posting signs at strategic locations throughout the city, warning motorists to slow down or risk being shot at with a paintball gun.

I can certainly understand the frustration of those who live in areas where speeding is rampant-----my neighborhood feeds into a high school, and believe me, I've seen kids taking corners on two wheels! One day someone is going to kill someone, that is sure.

However, two wrongs NEVER make a right. It is illegal to speed. It is illegal to shoot cars with paint guns.....if these "neighborhood" people follow through with their threats, THEY become criminals.

There has to be a better way, one that doesn't involve stooping to the low, low level of criminals. My neighborhood, for instance, has installed speed lumps, round-abouts, invited Speed Vans to monitor the area near the highschool, and begged the police for additional patrols during the half hour before school commences and the half hour after school lets out. It has all helped tremendously, although there are still some kids who have no business behind the wheel screeching their way to campus daily.

I would think that some of these motorists, if shot w/ a paint gun, might be at an even higher risk for an accident than they are w/ just their poor observations of traffic laws. Um, "here's yer sign" paint-ballers!
:eek:

I "wonder" who would be cited if there were a fatality after one of these "shootin' sessions." I know who it would be here!

if you look at the comments some are threatening to be carrying real guns. while its funny, its could be potentially dangerous in so many ways. i'm hoping it was just a sick joke but.....

Way too dangerous an idea, IMO. I can see a punk with a real gun stopping to get even.

Pandora, you made me laugh out loud with the 'Here's yer sign' remark! How very fitting, IMO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back