1255 users online (293 members and 962 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NJ - Mary Gonzalez, 4, found strangled, Morris Township, 16 Aug 2009 *Insanity*

I don't see this posted anywhere, sorry if there is a thread on it already.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...strangled.html
    MORRIS TOWNSHIP -- A Morris Township woman strangled her 4-year-old daughter Sunday and tried to smother her other daughter, a 6-year-old girl, by sitting on her back until she suffocated, authorities said today.

When police arrived at the family's Highland Avenue house, Jenny Lizette Erazo-Rodriguez, 33, speaking in Spanish, allegedly told a police officer, "I killed my girl. I killed my girl. My baby girl," according to an affidavit filed in Superior Court in Morristown.
    Welcome to the world Bridget!

Psychiatrist has said that this woman was legally insane when she murdered her daughter.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...man_was_i.html

In this case, that just might be true, Filly Unbelievable and so sad for the surviving daughter.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

From March 2011:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201..._found_no.html

A Morris Township woman who apparently believed God told her to kill her 4-year-old daughter was found not guilty by reason of insanity yesterday in a trial before a judge.

Jenny Lizette Erazo-Rodriguez, an illegal immigrant from Honduras who has been held at the state’s Ann Klein Forensic Center in Trenton, will be committed again to a state psychiatric facility. She is to be periodically evaluated to determine if she is still insane and still a danger to herself and others.