06-16-2004, 08:03 PM #1Inactive
- Join Date
- May 2004
Man swallows metal rods, surprised at massive stomach pains
I guess he never heard the saying..What goes in, must come out. Then again, I don't credit him for having much common sense, period. What a
Man Surprised at Massive Stomach Pains After Eating Metal Rods
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Vietnamese doctors removed three metal construction rods from a man's stomach about a month after he swallowed them in a rice-whiskey-drinking challenge, an official said Monday.
Huynh Ngoc Son, 22, swallowed the rods, which were 6.7 inches long and 0.2 inches thick, after being dared by his drinking buddies in mid-May, said Dr. Le Quang Nghia of Binh Dan Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
Son went to the hospital last week complaining of serious stomach pains, and X-rays revealed the construction bars were lodged in his stomach, Nghia said.
The rods were removed during a 30-minute operation, and Son's stomach was not seriously damaged by the ordeal, Nghia said.
Son was in stable condition Monday and was expected to be discharged from the hospital this week, he said.