1071 users online (224 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.

GA Couple Killed by Pack of Wild Dogs

I have been following this on the local radio and thus haven't looked for a print article but I will.

An older couple in Oglethorpe County was killed by a pack of 14 feral dogs. The lady had gone out looking for her own missing dog. When she didn't return, her husband, A retired UGA professor went to look for her and was also killed by the dogs.

The dogs will all be euthanized. Neighbors say that the animals had never been violent in the past.

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...LQP5wD9A4V00G1

ATLANTA — A former college professor and his wife were apparently attacked and killed by nearly a dozen dogs along a rural northeast Georgia road where their bodies were found mutilated, authorities said Monday.

Preliminary autopsy results from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation showed Sherry Schweder, 65, likely died of injuries from a dog attack, Oglethorpe County Sheriff Mike Smith said. Autopsy results for her husband, Lothar Karl Schweder, 77, were not yet available, but Smith said it's likely he was also attacked by dogs because the scene was so grisly.

So, the neighbors knew there were wild feral dogs running the area and just allowed it to go on? I wonder if this was just a few stray dogs that go around or really truly wild dogs?

There is a thread already going here - Elderly Couple Killed By Pack Of Wild Dogs-Lexington, Ga. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Perhaps the Mods can merge the two.

Txsvicki, these feral dogs had been around for a while, but had never been bothersome or aggressive in any way.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-30-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Sorry about that. I looked high and low for a thread before posting but obviously overlooked it. Yes, one man in particular was feeding the dogs and said they ahd never behaved agressively.