GA Couple Killed by Pack of Wild Dogs

Gracenote

We know that all things work together for good for
Reaction score
I have been following this on the local radio and thus haven't looked for a print article but I will.

An older couple in Oglethorpe County was killed by a pack of 14 feral dogs. The lady had gone out looking for her own missing dog. When she didn't return, her husband, A retired UGA professor went to look for her and was also killed by the dogs.

The dogs will all be euthanized. Neighbors say that the animals had never been violent in the past.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hHe0yPEj-xK3ivpuVizDHTSLQP5wD9A4V00G1

ATLANTA — A former college professor and his wife were apparently attacked and killed by nearly a dozen dogs along a rural northeast Georgia road where their bodies were found mutilated, authorities said Monday.

Preliminary autopsy results from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation showed Sherry Schweder, 65, likely died of injuries from a dog attack, Oglethorpe County Sheriff Mike Smith said. Autopsy results for her husband, Lothar Karl Schweder, 77, were not yet available, but Smith said it's likely he was also attacked by dogs because the scene was so grisly.

So, the neighbors knew there were wild feral dogs running the area and just allowed it to go on? I wonder if this was just a few stray dogs that go around or really truly wild dogs?

Sorry about that. I looked high and low for a thread before posting but obviously overlooked it. Yes, one man in particular was feeding the dogs and said they ahd never behaved agressively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back