742 users online (108 members and 634 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS - Eatonville, UID Black female, 14-18, found burned, Aug'09 - Laquiza Gholar, 16

Forrest County investigators say the burned body found Sunday near Eatonville was that of a black female between the ages of 14 and 18.

Investigators have not been able to determine the victim's identity. Initially, she was thought to be between the ages of 16 and 26.

Forrest County Sheriff's investigator Trey Rudder said a description of the girl has been sent to law agencies across the state. Rudder said investigators also have notified schools to determine if any missing students' reports match the victim's description.

According to a preliminary autopsy, the victim was 5 feet tall and weighed about 120 pounds.
    More at the link: http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/a...NTPAGECAROUSEL
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Redondo Beach, CA
    So sad, the poor girl. I know it says she was already dead before she was burned so I hope that is really the way it did happen. Crossing fingers that she's identified and her family will have closure.

This story reminded me of this girl.

Pacific Northwest
    I tried to find more information out about this teen girl.
    I could not.
    I emailed the reporter from the Hattiesburg paper.
    She kindly emailed back:
    This girl has been identified:,
    snipped from email'
    ''Hey, yes she was identified, Laquiza Gholar, 16, of Hattiesburg and we have done several stories on this (we even covered Ms. Gholar's funeral)... The forrest county sheriff's department has a man in custody but he has not been charged with murder.''
    Laquiza Gholar.
    http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/a...=2009908210311Man arrested for her murder.

announcement of funeral service

quotes from the funeral service.
    Her best friend died in an accident in May.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Al Gulf Coast
    Sympathies to the family, glad they were able to get some closure.
    Worry looks around, guilt looks back, fear hides it's eyes, but faith and hope hold hands and look up!

Do you call a fly without wings a "walk"?