Big-Hearted Little Girls

cleo612

My reason for waking up each day!
Reaction score
Kids raise $1,300, collect toys for soldier's struggling wife

[SIZE=-1]By JANET ST . JAMES / WFAA-TV[/SIZE]

HELPING A SOLDIER'S FAMILY

Recently, a group of eight girlfriends all under age 11 held their annual lemonade stand and bake sale.

In past years, the lemonade stand earned each girl a few dollars.
"For the past three years we've been raising the money just to keep for ourselves," said one girl. "But, this year we thought it would be good to give it to somebody else who needed it."

More at link:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090819_mo_kindness.fa18a0d2.html

Thanks for posting...that gave me little goosebumps, and I really enjoy coming to find a heartwarming story. Thanks =):blowkiss:

How sweet!! Kids like these should be awarded to encourage others. It's sad how "bad" kids always get punished, but kids who do good hardly ever get awards!

This is the stuff we should be hearing more about. What sweetcakes!

What a sweet bunch of girls. They are learning a valuable lesson in life at an early age--charity. Don't you know they are so proud of themselves, and their parents proud of them too. This may wind up being a tie that keeps them all close as they grow up.

It would be great to hear 10 years from now that they're still doing this.

I am proud of these girls, kids who are willing to put some work into their previous sales says a lot. To help a family, one that they don't know, says a lot about them and their parents. So many times we read on this board bad outcomes from bad parenting - I congratulate the girls and their families. And to offer a little help to the family of one of our guys who is serving our country just makes me more proud. It isn't the dollar amount that is so impressive.

And this is the hope that sustains us...that one day, the world will be a better place, because of children like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back