840 users online (129 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Man killed 4 of girlfriend's cats NYC

Last edited by JBean; 08-22-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add information in title as to what thread is about

So what was his problem? He couldn't just tell her he didn't like cats and would prefer she not have one?
    I think she should be thankful he got caught, she may have been next.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

The article describes the girlfriend as "unsuspecting." C'mon, all 6 of her cats experience head trauma and 4 die in the months after her boyfriend moves in, and she suspected nothing??? If these were children not cats, she'd be charged right along with him.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    omg what a sicko.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    The article describes the girlfriend as "unsuspecting." C'mon, all 6 of her cats experience head trauma and 4 die in the months after her boyfriend moves in, and she suspected nothing??? If these were children not cats, she'd be charged right along with him.
    She has to be pretty dumb not to realize something bad was going on and these weren't accidents.

The poor fur babies.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    So what was his problem? He couldn't just tell her he didn't like cats and would prefer she not have one?
    I think she should be thankful he got caught, she may have been next.
    Very true! There is a link between animal abuse and domestic violence--for example, read http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cr...l-cruelty.html .

Reading stories like this always makes me so sad...pets are so trusting, and so dependent on us humans. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I agree. There is something not right about this story. The first cat was found behind the dryer? I assume there were only two people in the house/apartment. Common sense would tell me that if I didn't do it, the other had. I have a feeling they will each say the other did it when they get to court.

This makes me sick.

I couldnt read the story because it saddens me that people hurt animals so I will just say I dont really get how people can hurt defenseless animals.

I may be just taking it wrong but did ya read where the newspaper said he wrote them and said "I do, however, invite you to join us on the day my ex-girlfriend gets cross-examined,". I thinking he may try to make it look like SHE was the one doing it.

The poor kittys!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    I couldnt read the story because it saddens me that people hurt animals so I will just say I dont really get how people can hurt defenseless animals.
    I don't either, Amanda. It's sickening and disgusting.

(Time for hugs for my three black fur babies!! )
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I was blinded by my belief that this was some kind of domestic violence case-there IS a clear link between DV and attacks on beloved pets. Given the time frame and the number of kittys however, you all have me thinking differently about her knowlege of this for sure!!!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I don't either, Amanda. It's sickening and disgusting.

(Time for hugs for my three black fur babies!! )
    It just makes no sense- the minds of these freaks! Where the heck are all these people coming from that they'd rather murder some living, breathing thing/person rather than simply walking away from a lousy relationship? What makes a mind believe murder is a viable option, a way out of anything?!?! I just wish I could understand it... more important, I wish society (scientists!) could understand it so that we can do something to make it all stop before we end up self destructing.

I mean, come on- little kittties for crying out loud! wtf is wrong with people?! and please don't say mental illness or I will screeeam ! LOL

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I have 4 cats and I just can't imagine. I haven't read the article. I don't know how he killed them. I don't want to know. I am very sensitive when it comes to animals being hurt or neglected.

My cats are like my children I think i would just die right then and there - after I strung him up by his toes, castrated him and skinned him alive.......just kidding, sort of.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

August 2009:

A self-employed graphic designer methodically killed at least four of his girlfriend's cats and tortured two others while the unsuspecting woman continued to adopt new ones over a four-month period, authorities said Friday...

His lawyer, Elliot Kay, said [Sean] Lynde is looking forward to a trial, not a plea deal.

"He's not going to admit to killing any cats," Kay said
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32518757/n...ime_and_courts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast