NY - Man killed 4 of girlfriend's cats NYC

So what was his problem? He couldn't just tell her he didn't like cats and would prefer she not have one?
I think she should be thankful he got caught, she may have been next.

The article describes the girlfriend as "unsuspecting." C'mon, all 6 of her cats experience head trauma and 4 die in the months after her boyfriend moves in, and she suspected nothing??? If these were children not cats, she'd be charged right along with him.

The article describes the girlfriend as "unsuspecting." C'mon, all 6 of her cats experience head trauma and 4 die in the months after her boyfriend moves in, and she suspected nothing??? If these were children not cats, she'd be charged right along with him.
She has to be pretty dumb not to realize something bad was going on and these weren't accidents. :furious: :furious:

The poor fur babies. :cry:

I agree. There is something not right about this story. The first cat was found behind the dryer? I assume there were only two people in the house/apartment. Common sense would tell me that if I didn't do it, the other had. I have a feeling they will each say the other did it when they get to court.

I couldnt read the story because it saddens me that people hurt animals so I will just say I dont really get how people can hurt defenseless animals.

I may be just taking it wrong but did ya read where the newspaper said he wrote them and said "I do, however, invite you to join us on the day my ex-girlfriend gets cross-examined,". I thinking he may try to make it look like SHE was the one doing it.

The poor kittys!

I couldnt read the story because it saddens me that people hurt animals so I will just say I dont really get how people can hurt defenseless animals.
I don't either, Amanda. It's sickening and disgusting. :furious:

(Time for hugs for my three black fur babies!! :blowkiss:)

I was blinded by my belief that this was some kind of domestic violence case-there IS a clear link between DV and attacks on beloved pets. Given the time frame and the number of kittys however, you all have me thinking differently about her knowlege of this for sure!!!

I don't either, Amanda. It's sickening and disgusting. :furious:

(Time for hugs for my three black fur babies!! :blowkiss:)

It just makes no sense- the minds of these freaks! Where the heck are all these people coming from that they'd rather murder some living, breathing thing/person rather than simply walking away from a lousy relationship? What makes a mind believe murder is a viable option, a way out of anything?!?! I just wish I could understand it... more important, I wish society (scientists!) could understand it so that we can do something to make it all stop before we end up self destructing.

I mean, come on- little kittties for crying out loud! wtf is wrong with people?! and please don't say mental illness or I will screeeam :crazy:! LOL

I have 4 cats and I just can't imagine. I haven't read the article. I don't know how he killed them. I don't want to know. I am very sensitive when it comes to animals being hurt or neglected.

My cats are like my children I think i would just die right then and there - after I strung him up by his toes, castrated him and skinned him alive.......just kidding, sort of. :eek:

August 2009:

A self-employed graphic designer methodically killed at least four of his girlfriend's cats and tortured two others while the unsuspecting woman continued to adopt new ones over a four-month period, authorities said Friday...

His lawyer, Elliot Kay, said [Sean] Lynde is looking forward to a trial, not a plea deal.

"He's not going to admit to killing any cats," Kay said

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32518757/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

February 2010:

A Maine man charged with being a serial cat slayer pleaded guilty Monday to fatally snapping the neck of an adorable black-and-white kitten named Bonafide.

:facepalm:

Sean Lynde was granted a conditional discharge after pleading guilty to aggravated animal cruelty and criminal contempt. He was also ordered to undergo therapy as part of a deal that Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus grumbled was "not the most satisfying."

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...aking-cat-neck-avoids-prison-article-1.194771

As part of the plea deal,the charges for killing the other cats were dropped.

Feb 2010:

New York prosecutors believe graphic designer Sean Lynde is a serial cat killer, who tortured his girlfriend's cats, forced laundry detergent down their throats and snapped their necks. They say his girlfriend, now his ex, kept replacing her dying pets, not realizing the killer was in her midst...

The 36-year-old admitted killing only one kitten named Bonafide by breaking his neck in Jan. 2009. He was initially charged with killing five of the woman's cats, and torturing a sixth after moving into her apartment in Oct. 2008.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/serial-...ean-lynde-tortured-murdered-girlfriends-cats/

Feb 2013:

Sean Lynde, who pled guilty in New York to criminal animal cruelty and cyber extortion, has now assumed the name “MacKenzie” and is expanding his cyber extortion activities. According to charges filed before the New York Supreme Court, Lynde is now purchasing Web site accounts using other people’s names, posting death threats and defamatory statements on these sites, and then trying to extort funds from the targets.

http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire...kenzie-moves-cyber-extortion-cyber-harassment

Sean Lynde, animal abuser
lynde-1-1.jpg
Aka Sean MacKenzie

After the cat killing conviction, Sean Lynde/ Sean MacKenzie moved to Maine.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...N-6z4mx6U1x-z8aNw&sig2=hKyoghdIZUfyCHj4I-mrcg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back