Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MA - Deborah Ann Quimby, 13, Townsend, 3 May 1977

Deborah Quimby is our Featured Cold Case from December 26th, 2010 to January 1st, 2010. May this create the lead Deborah needs so we can find her!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Apparently Townsend Police got another letter recently. It was on CBS 4 news Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by sbh052 View Post
    Apparently Townsend Police got another letter recently. It was on CBS 4 news Boston.
    “This letter came shortly after this new phase of the investigation began and was not prompted by any media attention of current events, as there had been nothing released,’’ Marshall said.

In his statement, Marshall said he felt that someone with firsthand knowledge of Quimby’s disappearance is trying to communicate with police.

Whether it is that or a cruel hoax remains to be seen, but Marshall remains dialed in. <snipped>

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...disappearance/

Thank you for letting us know! I went and found the article.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Another link with a video attached. Wow! We had Deborah in the line up for the featured case before this news came out!

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...end-cold-case/

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Just read the whole thread. I saw the false PI said something about she was last seen with two boys and said something about running away. This was not mentioned before and no one asked about it after. Believe, can you comment on the truthfulness of that comment?

Also wanted to add about the letters - I would love to know if it is female's handwriting. Dunno why but I just feel like it is the wife, ex-wife or whatever to the killer. Killer's letters to LE are usually taunting. These letters, from what I've been led to believe at least, are more fact based. "Look in the pond." "Look closer." I bet they will keep the contents of this 3rd letter under wraps.

Then again, that first letter was 3/4 of a page long. I still think it's someone with a close relationship to the perp and has had this on her/his mind for 30+ years, probably getting on in age. If they were 40 then they are 70 now and entering that psychological stage where the elderly start to realize their life is coming to an end however they are fairly accepting of it. It's been almost 10 years since Psychology so I can't remember the term lol - someone can maybe weigh in,

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
    Just read the whole thread. I saw the false PI said something about she was last seen with two boys and said something about running away. This was not mentioned before and no one asked about it after. Believe, can you comment on the truthfulness of that comment?
    "Running away"...well, it is pretty much up to interpretation, fwiw. There was tension in her home and she beat feet to her grandparents. She never made it there however. I doubt it was running away in the classic sense where she packed up her stuff and hit the road out of town....I think it was an attempt to get away from the tension.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Believe,

I hope you and your family finds answers to the disappearance of Debby this coming year. It's been way too long, and I can't imagine the heartache your family has been through.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Has the police reinterviewed her close friends and/or siblings? They may have known of someone hanging around or had been friendly with Deborah or them. Perhaps an older guy, who SEEMED nice to them. At the time of her disappearance, they may have not mentioned him to LE, because he was so "nice" to them--not a scary man, who would hurt anyone.

Another thought, she could have fibbed that she was going to her grandparents camp.

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Has the police reinterviewed her close friends and/or siblings? They may have known of someone hanging around or had been friendly with Deborah or them. Perhaps an older guy, who SEEMED nice to them. At the time of her disappearance, they may have not mentioned him to LE, because he was so "nice" to them--not a scary man, who would hurt anyone.

Another thought, she could have fibbed that she was going to her grandparents camp.
    They routinely re-interview everyone who they can reach and have for several decades. Chief Marshall, and his father before him, are very dedicated men.

Yup, she could have fibbed, but if she was seen on her way to her grandparents, I think it is logical to believe she was on her way there.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Have they found the brand name of the bike they found in the pond?

I just stumbled onto this case while researching another. It is very sad how someone can just vanish never to be seen again. I hope this case is solved and the family can have closure. I will keep Deborah in my prayers. The letters to LE are very scary. It could be the perps way of being involved with the investigation. It is not uncommon for perps to try to put themselves into the investigation. At the very least it is somebody that had some kind of direct or indirect involvement or knowledge.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Bear-could be someone's means of inserting themselves into the case, could be a guilty conscience. I think it is fascinating that they can come with virtually no evidence on them of who sent them.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Townsend Police will be conducting a search with cadaver sniffing dogs this week around the locations where police believe she had disappeared. I will provide further details soon

Quote Originally Posted by nate3378 View Post
    Townsend Police will be conducting a search with cadaver sniffing dogs this week around the locations where police believe she had disappeared. I will provide further details soon

Hi, nate! Do you have a link for this tip? TIA.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Sorry I do not have any links or articles. I can tell you that the Townsend Police are conducting a search today (Started at 930 am) in the neighborhoods between Highland St. and Main St. They will be using cadaver- sniffing dogs.

Thanks, Nate. Are you a member of LE or participating in the search? This is exciting news and I assume it is related to the latest letter?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Bumpity Bump Bump
    I'm just sayin.....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennettras For This Useful Post:

Thinking of Debra today...

Does anyone know if the area lakes, ponds, and waterways have been Aquascaned recently?

Popped in here to post about another case and I just had to check to see if there had been an update on Debbie's case. Do they have any more information about those letters that came in last year?

Quote Originally Posted by hmg View Post
    Popped in here to post about another case and I just had to check to see if there had been an update on Debbie's case. Do they have any more information about those letters that came in last year?

Which new letters were they? I only heard about an older letter that they received. Any pics of the letter, or a link to the story?

Were they ever able to lift DNA from the letters?

read this whole thread and was wondering if anything ever was discovered about these letters. What about Debra being pregnant? maybe that was the reason she had left to think things over maybe she was frightened. I just wish her family could get closure. there has to be some answers out there somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post
    Which new letters were they? I only heard about an older letter that they received. Any pics of the letter, or a link to the story?
    Here's a link to the story: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/12/2...irl-cold-case/

The letter we're speaking of arrived in December 2010. There were also letters in 2003 and 2004.

Thinking of Debbie often and praying her family gets the closure they need.

BUMP Update-
    Colleen Orsborn /Deborah Quimby/Alicia Markovich
    3 different females vanished and/or killed in 3 different states. The link, 3 anonymous letters mailed to police or to the victim’s Family members, telling them to look near a body of water for the bodies. A further link, all 3 of these letters were mailed from the same 3 square mile in NH. Without a doubt, by the same person. Not to pat myself on the back, but I linked these 3 cases to those letters and contacted police in each case. They investigated, and think the letters were likely from a single hoaxer. I tend to agree.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to morf13 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast