777 users online (139 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Amber McFarland, 24, Portage LaPrairie, MB, 18 Oct 2008

Amber Lynn McFarland

Above Images: McFarland

Missing Since: October 18, 2008 from Portage LaPrairie, Manitoba
    Classification: Missing
    Date Of Birth: n/a
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 135 lbs.
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Eye Color: Green
    Race: White

http://www.manitobacrimestoppers.com/missingperson.html

Amber McFarland on Manitoba Crimestoppers missing persons

Russell Williams was there. Has anyone considered this...Looked into this as a possibility? He was mere kilometers from her ex-boyfriend's home. There. Right there.

Missing woman's birthday marked

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...=rssnewscanada

By SHELLEY COOK, QMI Agency
    July 31, 2011

WINNIPEG - On July 28 Amber McFarland would have celebrated her birthday alongside her identical twin sister Ashley. The Portage woman, who vanished three years ago, on Oct. 18, would have been 27-years-old.

http://www.chrisd.ca/2014/10/17/ambe...manitoba-rcmp/

McFarland was last seen leaving the Cat and Fiddle Nite Club in Portage at around 1 a.m. She was accompanied by her ex-boyfriend, who was later interviewed and released by police as a suspect in her disappearance.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...case-1.2803710

The Portage la Prairie woman was last seen during the early morning of Oct. 18, 2008. Surveillance video shows her with two men inside a hotel beer vendor in that city. Her empty car was found in the parking lot...

Two people were arrested in 2009, including her boyfriend, who was one of the men in the surveillance video with her.

RCMP had initially searched the boyfriend's residence in the fall of 2008, then new evidence prompted them to return and dig up his backyard. But both men arrested were later released without being charged. Despite not finding McFarland, RCMP in 2009 declared the case to be a homicide, but they never revealed what prompted that decision.

RCMP highlight 6 cases on National Missing Children's Day
    May 25, 2015 2:28 PM CT

"It's critical that we keep missing children's stories in the public eye because there's always hope that someone will do the right thing and come forward with new information that could lead to a missing child being located," Christy Dzikowicz, director of Missing Children Services at the Canadian Centre, said in a release.
    Amber's is among the cases being highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Russell Williams was there. Has anyone considered this...Looked into this as a possibility? He was mere kilometers from her ex-boyfriend's home. There. Right there.
    Thank you, thank you Pink Panther. I was looking into Amber's case (doing some clairvoyant map reading) and thinking to myself; what the H is going on around Portage La Prairie. I could see Amber as being a victim there but I was seeing these other women too and wondering to myself, is there a serial killer around there. It didn't make sense, so I checked out websleuths and now things are beginning to add up as to what I am seeing in that area whereby a timeline could be concerned. We're talking about Russell Williams presence from 1990 - 1992 and he could have done more damage there than anyone thinks; however, he could have also revisited the area as sk's often do. Next step to look into the missing in the area stretching to Winnipeg on that timeline.