1024 users online (177 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suspect In Ava, Missouri Woman's 2007 Disappearnce Hangs Himself In Jail:

Suspect in Rene Williams disappearance hangs himself in jail.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/07/suspect-in-renee-williams.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by Kathee View Post
    Suspect in Rene Williams disappearance hangs himself in jail.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/07/suspect-in-renee-williams.html
    No body but a crime scene and a pert.

LE officials in Ava, MO said today that Christopher Revak, the man who is suspected of abducting and killing Rene Williams of Ava and who later hung himself in the Douglas County jail, is suspected in the murders of three other women from states (unnamed but to the north of Ava, MO). I read in another blog that those states are Wisconsin and Ohio. Revak used to live in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.

I'm confused about Revak & Wisconsin. There is a different, still-living Christopher Revak who is the same age who may have been confused with the alleged serial killer. I'm wondering if some reporters misread some public records, especially with both Revaks being the same age.

I noted this in the thread about Deidre Harm, but it's worth repeating - you all should take a look at the sketch of the suspect in the Harm murder. Looks just like Chris Revak.

There is quite a resemblance to the sketch. I guess it will come down to the tattoo. I would really like Diedra's case to be solved and this is encouraging.

It is also very sad to know he will never be questioned for this one or other cases. I feel for those families waiting on answers that will never come.

Thanks for posting it, Steve.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Had to comment....first time!

Okay how's this for really freaky.....I share the name of the victim....and my brother lives in Wisconsin Rapids, WI! Too weird and a little unsettling!
    I've been on this site for awhile now but have never written until now...I just had to comment on this one!

Unpublished Information About Chris Revak

I am a reporter for KSPR, the abc affiliate in Springfield. I did these two stories on Chris Revak:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/52994262.html
    http://www.kspr.com/news/local/53864682.html

I wanted to post some more information from Sheriff Degase that might help figure out what else Revak is being investigated for.

Last Monday (10th) Sheriff Degase said Chris Revak is a potential suspect in 3 homicide cases of missing women. He said "some dating back to 14 years ago." He said those three cases are in two states.

One of those cases, I've confirmed with both Wood Co., Wis. and Douglas Co., Mo., is Deidre Harm.

Mason City, Ia. PD is looking at Chris Revak in the Jodi Huisentruit case. However, Degase told me this week that is not one of those three cases he originally mentioned. (So, this may mean Douglas Co. is working with THREE states - Wisconsin, Iowa, and one other. Also, it means they are working on FOUR cases.) At first, Degase told me Mason City, Iowa's case is one of those three, then he corrected himself and said they are working on a case in a city that SOUNDS like Mason City.

The information he HAS said about the cases he is assisting on:

-2 bodies found, one not found
    -of bodies found, 1 died of asphyxiation, other body was found months after death, cause of death undetermined (assuming this is deidre harm)
    -one girl was 22 when she died (deidre harm was 21?)
    -Degase said "I would say they have similar characteristics and motives," and "there is some consistency in time frames."
    -he said in all cases, he didn't think there had been any sexual assault

So, the question is, what is the other state? Some blogs are claiming Ohio. There is a Mason, Ohio, but I can't find a case that seems to fit. It's the same for Mason, Wis.

Also, I have spoken with Dubuque, Iowa, and the investigator on Crystal Ann Arensdorf's case says he is NOT looking at Chris Revak. Springfield PD are also not looking at Revak in the three missing women case, I was told by an investigator.

Any questions, my email is dmagditch@kspr.com

MO/WI - CHRISTOPHER E REVAK - Suspected SK

An alleged murder suspect who hanged himself in the Douglas County jail last month is a suspected serial killer according to Sheriff Chris DeGase.

Christopher E. Revak was arrested on July 25 after cops got a phone tip telling them that they needed to take a closer look at the man for the March 2007disappearance of Rene Marie Williams. That phone tip led authorities to an undisclosed Douglas County farm where the search for Williams body continues.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blog...-williams.html

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blog...-williams.html
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-06-2011 at 02:28 AM. Reason: prefix
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

More Info from Sheriff Degase

I am a reporter for KSPR, the abc affiliate in Springfield. I did these two stories on Chris Revak:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/52994262.html
    http://www.kspr.com/news/local/53864682.html

I wanted to post some more information from Sheriff Degase that might help figure out what else Revak is being investigated for.

Last Monday (10th) Sheriff Degase said Chris Revak is a potential suspect in 3 homicide cases of missing women. He said "some dating back to 14 years ago." He said those three cases are in two states.

One of those cases, I've confirmed with both Wood Co., Wis. and Douglas Co., Mo., is Deidre Harm.

Mason City, Ia. PD is looking at Chris Revak in the Jodi Huisentruit case. However, Degase told me this week that is not one of those three cases he originally mentioned. (So, this may mean Douglas Co. is working with THREE states - Wisconsin, Iowa, and one other. Also, it means they are working on FOUR cases.) At first, Degase told me Mason City, Iowa's case is one of those three, then he corrected himself and said they are working on a case in a city that SOUNDS like Mason City.

The information he HAS said about the cases he is assisting on:

-2 bodies found, one not found
    -of bodies found, 1 died of asphyxiation, other body was found months after death, cause of death undetermined (assuming this is deidre harm)
    -one girl was 22 when she died (deidre harm was 21?)
    -Degase said "I would say they have similar characteristics and motives," and "there is some consistency in time frames."
    -he said in all cases, he didn't think there had been any sexual assault

So, the question is, what is the other state? Some blogs are claiming Ohio. There is a Mason, Ohio, but I can't find a case that seems to fit. It's the same for Mason, Wis.

Also, I have spoken with Dubuque, Iowa, and the investigator on Crystal Ann Arensdorf's case says he is NOT looking at Chris Revak. Springfield PD are also not looking at Revak in the three missing women case, I was told by an investigator.

Any questions, my email is dmagditch@kspr.com

When I read this I also thought of Teresa Butler who is missing from SE Mo.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Hello dmagditch!

The information is interesting and I'm going to post of link of this forum in the Cold Case forum. This might ring a bell with some of the wonderful sleuthers there and they can assist you.

Can info on this suspected serial killer help us with a cold case?

This thread is new in the Current Events forum:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88073"]Missouri Sheriff Says Man Who Hanged Himself In Jail Was Serial Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is a reporter on the thread who is trying to discover who else might be a victim of a suspected serial killer. Can anyone who frequents this forum lend a hand?

Here's the link to the thread in the Cold Case forum!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4076318#post4076318"]Can info on this suspected serial killer help us with a cold case? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Info and patterns...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    This thread is new in the Current Events forum:
    Missouri Sheriff Says Man Who Hanged Himself In Jail Was Serial Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    There is a reporter on the thread who is trying to discover who else might be a victim of a suspected serial killer. Can anyone who frequents this forum lend a hand?...
    What is needed is more information about this guy. Where has he been, What were his usual habits, his MO, his travels, etc.

Who were his victims? Was he partial to males or females, old or young, or children? What physical descriptions of those victims?

How did he locate or choose his victims?

Once that is known, then, what was his pattern or frequency? For instance, if he tended to kill one person per month, and you have three or four possibilities, then you can fill in between gaps, and you can track forward and backward to try to link other cases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast