664 users online (86 members and 578 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 144
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110

    ATTN: We need everyone to help with the upcoming search for Lindsey this Friday.

    Search is this Friday. We need volunteers to not only help search but to help round up supplies. Press Release with all the details below;
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````


    KLAASKIDS MEDIA CONTACT: Director Search Operations:
    Tricia Griffith tgrif@xmission.com Brad Dennis search4missing@yahoo.com


    For Immediate Release
    DESPERATE SEARCH FOR MISSING GIRL LINDSEY BAUM

    McCleary, WA. Lindsey Baum was walking home from a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, Washington on June 26, 2009 when she disappeared. “It's like she literally vanished,” said Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.

    Despite extensive, well coordinated searches by law enforcement, Lindsey is still missing. Lindsey's mother has called on two national non-profit organizations, the KlaasKIDS Foundation and Laura Recovery Center (LRC), to organize a community volunteer search.

    Brad Dennis, Director of Search Operations for the KlaasKIDS Foundation said they will be holding a community meeting at 7pm Thursday, August 27, 2009 at the McCleary Community Center. Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the two organizations and plans for the weekend search. The McCleary Community Center is located at 726 W. Simpson Ave, McCleary, Washington 98577.

    Individuals who would like to participate in the search for Lindsey should check in at the McCleary Community Center between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, August 28th. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and bring photo identification. “Dress appropriately for the weather, wear long pants and sturdy, covered toe shoes. We need people who can do foot searches as well as individuals who are willing to work in the search center explained Dennis. Volunteers are not required to attend the community meeting. In addition, we are looking for donations of bottled water, office supplies and the use of a copier.”

    For more information about the search or information on how you can donate supplies, volunteers can call the LRC toll free number 866-898-5723.
    The KlaasKIDS Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization determined to stop crimes against children and assists families of missing children. Please visit www.klaaskids.org for more information.
    `````````````````````````````````````

    Ok Websleuths members. Now is the time to kick in and help. Even if you are not in Washington you can help try and get supplies for the search. Everyone can help.

    Brad Dennis, the head of the KlaasKids Search Center who is organizing this search is also a member of Websleuths. You can email him personally at search4missing@yahoo.com.

    My friends, this is what Websleuths is all about. Making a difference. Here is something we can all try and help with.

    If you don't have any money perhaps you know a business owner who is willing to donate one of the items needed. See? Everyone can try and help out.

    For those of you not in Washington and want to help out with donated products please call the Laura Recovery Center to see what exactly they need. 866-898-5723.

    One person can make a difference. Just imagine what type of a difference a large group like Websleuths can make.

    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Has anyone called the Laura Recovery Center yet?

    Is there a Wal-Mart in or near McCleary? I have found they are usually very willing to donate water.

    Do we have a local that will make phone calls? It is always nice to try to get sandwiches or pizza for lunch time and after the search.

    We can use this thread to coordinate efforts so that we know what is being done and what needs to be done.

    I'm very short on time this week, but I will do my best to help out.

    Salem

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Has anyone called the Laura Recovery Center yet?

    Is there a Wal-Mart in or near McCleary? I have found they are usually very willing to donate water.

    Do we have a local that will make phone calls? It is always nice to try to get sandwiches or pizza for lunch time and after the search.

    We can use this thread to coordinate efforts so that we know what is being done and what needs to be done.

    I'm very short on time this week, but I will do my best to help out.

    Salem

    I could be wrong but as far as I know not one Websleuths member has done anything. I hope to God I am wrong.

    This is very disappointing.


    Edited To Add: DISAPPOINTED??? WHAT WAS I THINKING. Thank You Everyone. And thanks to all of you who are praying and posting. We need you to keep working with your prayers and posts.
    Last edited by Tricia; 08-25-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  4. #4
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    I called Walmart in Aberdeen. They said they have already been in contact with someone and wouldn't give me any other info.

    I don't know if that means they are donating something or if they aren't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,852
    Such nice people in McCleary!

    I talked with 'Pauline' from Subway, about two blocks away from McCleary Community center. Pauline said she would do 6' long subs for $50.00...feeds about 30. Pauline said she would make sure they got to the center at the appropriate time (isn't that nice!!!). 360-495-7827

    I talked with 'Dawn' from LRC and she said food should be there around 11:30 or so.

    Dawn said an office supply 'Aberdeen Office Supply' (sp?) is close by.

    There are a couple pizza places in McCleary all with the same phone

    #360-495-3119 (sp?)
    Paradise Pizza
    Mama Mia's
    Gordy's Pizza

    According to Pauline Gorden's Select Market (right down the street from Subway) has been very generous in helping with the searches. They may have potato chips they would throw in for a small price. #360-495-3647

    I have no idea how many people there will be to feed. I know for sure they get really hungry!!!

    If anyone wants to order subways - please ask for Pauline (extremely pleasant and helpful) I'm going to order one 6 foot Sub (feeds 30 - hardly enough) for the searchers, I am donating it on behalf of Websleuths. Pauline said she would make sure it was delivered. Mentioned above - pizza is a great idea also. Simple!
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 08-25-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  6. #6
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    I also called and talked to Dawn at LRC.

    I'm donating a printer/scanner/fax machine/copier and extra paper that I have.
    I'm also going to the meeting on Thursday night. And hopefully I have my work schedule fixed that I can make it to the search on Friday. Honestly, I don't know if I will actually go out and search but I will volunteer in the center if they need me to do anything.
    Last edited by JenniferO; 08-25-2009 at 01:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    482
    I'm a little confused @ "check in at the McCleary Community Center between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, August 28th" == Search on Friday? - Nothing on Saturday?

    - Trying to plan this out

    - I will be there Thursday for the meeting.

  8. #8
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    I don't know if there is a search on Saturday or not.

    Maybe they are planning things on a day to day basis?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    I called Walmart in Aberdeen. They said they have already been in contact with someone and wouldn't give me any other info.

    I don't know if that means they are donating something or if they aren't.
    In my experience with getting donations from a local Wal-Mart, they told us that we had to put in a request, and then it would have to be decided at a monthly meeting. Basically it took 3-4 weeks to approve. I hope the Aberdeen Wal-Mart is more cooperative and doesn't make people helping to search for a child jump through all those hoops.

    Also, I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that people from WS are willing to help out. But some of us just can't, and I don't think anyone should be "disappointed" in those that aren't able to. The members here are amazing, and I feel strongly that if everyone had the means to help, 99% would. A huge thank you to those that have made donations, ordered food, made phone calls, and done other research.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by jvk View Post
    I'm a little confused @ "check in at the McCleary Community Center between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm on Friday, August 28th" == Search on Friday? - Nothing on Saturday?

    - Trying to plan this out

    - I will be there Thursday for the meeting.
    Let me help clear this up.

    Yes the search is on Friday. The reason the hours are the way they are is so more people can try and fit the search into their schedule. Groups are sent out all day long at different times.

    How we usually do a search is we send out the last group at 4:30 PM.

    As far as searches on Saturday and/or Sunday that decision is still being discussed.

    If the search continues over the rest of the weekend we will let everyone know ASAP so you can plan.

    Hope this helps.

    Thank you everyone.

    Remember, in the press release it says if you want to help organize donations please call the Laura Recovery Center first and they can tell you what is needed. Their number is 866-898-5723.

    I love you all. Thank you for pitching in.

    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR











  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifero View Post
    i also called and talked to dawn at lrc.

    I'm donating a printer/scanner/fax machine/copier and extra paper that i have.
    I'm also going to the meeting on thursday night. And hopefully i have my work schedule fixed that i can make it to the search on friday. Honestly, i don't know if i will actually go out and search but i will volunteer in the center if they need me to do anything.
    OMG Thank You!!!
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Such nice people in McCleary!

    I talked with 'Pauline' from Subway, about two blocks away from McCleary Community center. Pauline said she would do 6' long subs for $50.00...feeds about 30. Pauline said she would make sure they got to the center at the appropriate time (isn't that nice!!!). 360-495-7827

    I talked with 'Dawn' from LRC and she said food should be there around 11:30 or so.

    Dawn said an office supply 'Aberdeen Office Supply' (sp?) is close by.

    There are a couple pizza places in McCleary all with the same phone

    #360-495-3119 (sp?)
    Paradise Pizza
    Mama Mia's
    Gordy's Pizza

    According to Pauline Gorden's Select Market (right down the street from Subway) has been very generous in helping with the searches. They may have potato chips they would throw in for a small price. #360-495-3647

    I have no idea how many people there will be to feed. I know for sure they get really hungry!!!

    If anyone wants to order subways - please ask for Pauline (extremely pleasant and helpful) I'm going to order one 6 foot Sub (feeds 30 - hardly enough) for the searchers, I am donating it on behalf of Websleuths. Pauline said she would make sure it was delivered. Mentioned above - pizza is a great idea also. Simple!
    Hope this helps
    THank You Thank You Thank You
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  13. #13
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    No Tricia, Thank you for everything you do.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    In my experience with getting donations from a local Wal-Mart, they told us that we had to put in a request, and then it would have to be decided at a monthly meeting. Basically it took 3-4 weeks to approve. I hope the Aberdeen Wal-Mart is more cooperative and doesn't make people helping to search for a child jump through all those hoops.

    Also, I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that people from WS are willing to help out. But some of us just can't, and I don't think anyone should be "disappointed" in those that aren't able to. The members here are amazing, and I feel strongly that if everyone had the means to help, 99% would. A huge thank you to those that have made donations, ordered food, made phone calls, and done other research.
    If there is one person on this planet that knows about time limits, money limits, and limits in life in general it is me.

    If I made anyone feel bad please accept my apologies. That is not my intent at all.

    Of course not everyone can help. If one percent of our people can help that would be a huge success. Normally it is a handful of people. That doesn't mean the all the other people on Websleuths are not kind and caring people. It only means, because of every-one's life, only a handful of our kind caring people could help in this instance.

    I was not trying to make anyone feel guilty but the fact was no one had done anything yet. That was disappointing. Sorry. It surprised me. I also pointed out that I could be wrong but it looked like no one helped.

    Sometimes people, me being the number one on this list, need a bit of a push to get going. Again, my apologies if I made anyone feel bad. I only wanted those who could help to take notice that no one had yet.

    The MAIN reason I got into the forum business is because I know every single person has something to offer. Not with money, not with things, but everyone can offer something just through posting.

    If all anyone does on Websleuths is post and by posting it helps keep cases alive then they are doing more than most people on the planet.

    No one should feel guilty if that can't help with extra projects we do. But if you can help out then I hope you do.

    Please know I love you guys and the last thing I would want to do is to make anyone feel anything slightly bad.

    Love,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  15. #15
    Thank you Tricia. I understand that was not the intent of your post. I too apologize for getting defensive and caught up in the emotion of it all. Thank you for providing this forum for us and giving us a place to post AND help in other ways. We all appreciate everything you do, as well. Thanks for the encouragement to get involved.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. ATTN: A search is set for Sept 12TH and 13TH 2009
    By JenniferO in forum Lindsey Baum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 12:41 AM
  2. ATTN: GA Posters: Search Saturday, Atlanta, Volunteers Needed
    By christine2448 in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 03:26 PM