OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
ANADARKO, Okla. — Authorities continue to search for leads in the killing of a pastor a day after she was found inside her Pentecostal church in southwest Oklahoma.

The body of Carol Daniels, 61, was found at noon on Sunday inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church in Anadarko, a town of about 6,600 people roughly 60 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown told FOXNews.com that Daniels had trauma to her body but declined to elaborate. An autopsy is scheduled to be conducted today, she said.

More at link- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541987,00.html?test=latestnews

From the article-

The killing of a pastor in Anadarko over the weekend has left those in the community infuriated and upset. Sunday afternoon, police were called to Christ Holy Sanctified Church to perform a welfare check on Pastor Carol Daniels. That is when they found her dead inside the church.

Daniels was from Oklahoma City, but commuted to Anadarko on the weekends.

OSBI still is not releasing details about Daniels' death, but say an autopsy will be performed Monday to determine the cause and manner.

More at link- http://www.kswo.com/global/story.asp?s=10982502

This is so sad :( I'm glad it's receiving national attention though.

:rose: Rest in Peace Carol.

It IS sad. I also found it sad that she went to the church faithfully for so long, waiting for parishoners, and it ultimately cost her her life.

I have been following this. I just don't know what to say. Obviously there is an evil out there beyond my comprehension, to kill a pastor in her church....I just can't even imagine but I hope this person is found asap.

http://news.aol.com/article/penteco...pentecostal-pastor-carol-daniels-found/636172

LE had a meeting with local pastors, asking them to take precautions at their buildings after a female pastor was found murdered in her church. My, oh, my, what has the world come to when pastors need to be afraid of someone harming them?

The story itself is a bit strange. The 61 yr old female pastor, although she had no congregation, drove 60 miles each week to the church. The town has around 6000 residents and bills itself as "Indian Capital of the Nation."

It appears that the City of Anadarko is economically depressed and may have a drug problem. I wonder if somehow drugs were involved in her murder.

Slain preacher's body was in staged position, Anadarko investigator said

ANADARKO — Investigators found the body of the Rev. Carol Daniels in what appeared to be a staged position, The Oklahoman learned Wednesday from a source close to the investigation.

Details of Sunday's homicide have been closely guarded by authorities who are working to catch the killer or killers while trying to calm the fears of local residents.

Investigators said they are haunted by the methodical nature of the killing of the woman inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church, once an old grocery store that sits on the edge of a predominantly black neighborhood.

A source who visited the crime scene described it as "bone-chilling" and "spooky," noting that the killing happened between 10 a.m. and noon Sunday a half block from the Anadarko Police Department. Investigators have retrieved video surveillance of the area covering that time period and the images have been sent to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation lab for enhancement, the source said.

http://newsok.com/slain-preachers-b...tigator-said/article/3396047?custom_click=rss

Slain preacher's body was in staged position, Anadarko investigator said

ANADARKO — Investigators found the body of the Rev. Carol Daniels in what appeared to be a staged position, The Oklahoman learned Wednesday from a source close to the investigation.

Details of Sunday's homicide have been closely guarded by authorities who are working to catch the killer or killers while trying to calm the fears of local residents.

http://newsok.com/slain-preachers-b...tigator-said/article/3396047?custom_click=rss

Police have not said if any items were missing from Daniels or the church, but Manion said it's unlikely the killing was a burglary gone bad. The nature of Daniels' wounds indicates that the killer likely knew her and was enraged, Manion said.
"In the case of a robbery ... he's not going to hang around and keep slashing at her, stabbing her over and over, and take time to stage the body," he said.
Authorities, who have released no information on possible suspects, are asking the FBI for help. Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said Friday police hope the agency's experts in fields like behavioral science can help solve the grisly killing.
Brown also said she's unaware of any evidence that Daniels was sexually assaulted.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iQXzJP90Ba7xu3NgEKiTGkIpwT7QD9AC4EE80

Pastor tried to fight off killer before murder

The wounds suffered by a pastor killed inside her church indicate that she tried to fight off her attacker before her throat was slashed and she was nearly decapitated, according to a forensics expert who reviewed a preliminary autopsy report on Friday.

The state medical examiner's office released the eight-page report of anatomical drawings after an open records request by The Associated Press.

They show that 61-year-old Carol Daniels, whose body was discovered Sunday inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church in Anadarko, suffered numerous gashes to her neck and throat, as well as stab wounds to her chest, back, stomach and hands.

More at link- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,544145,00.html?test=latestnews

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11009040

Police say 61-year-old Carol Daniels' body was posed. Experts say there are three reasons killers leave the body in an unnatural position.
The most common is sexual fantasy or to give the killer sexual pleasure. Next is the anger-retaliation motive, where someone does it to get back at the victim. And finally, the motive of posing the body may be to confuse investigators - to make the scene look like one thing, when it's actually about something else.

They have, I believe left one reason out. I'm trying to find the article, but I read that the authorties held a meeting with the local clergy, and only the clergy, to warn them to be careful.

That, combined with the staging, leads to to think either people who think they are Satanists or people with a real grudge against Christianity/religion.

I would be very intersted to hear about anyone that this pastor recently had contact with. Anyone who she counseled, and perhaps, they felt angry or somehow "wronged" by the counseling. This could be a complete stranger that she had spoken with, or someone who was very close in her family. If it were a complete stranger, I bet she would have mentioned the encounter, though not the details of the conversation, to someone she was close with. Whoever committed this crime is a dangerous, sick individual.

Looks like I was right regarding the body being found in a crucifix position...

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11015439

You know, I had the same thought early in this case when it became apparent that LE didn't want to discuss the details. The thought of the body being "posed" or "violated" with religious paraphanalia also leads to the thought of serious drug abuse as being a part of this crime. Mental illness or drug abuse is about the only thing that that would explain it...unless you take pure evil into account. :sick:

There was a mention this could be somehow connected to the woman they found awhile back in Elk City. I don't recall where I read it tho.

It is horrible. I feel so sorry for her family and her congregation. :(

I can't imagine the congregation wanting to have service in that church again, but they vow to continue her work. She was trying to revitalize the church and the area according to news reports.

The criminologist said he believes it was a sexual murder. He could be right. This reminds me a little of Sandra Cantu being taken to the church, raped, and murdered. RIP Sandra. They didn't say she was sexually assaulted, but since she was found nude and everything...chances are good it happened.

It also sounds like they fear a serial killer with the way they have handled it with other churches. OSBI do not normally go to those lengths in a murder investigation to warn other people.

There was a mention this could be somehow connected to the woman they found awhile back in Elk City. I don't recall where I read it tho.

It is horrible. I feel so sorry for her family and her congregation. :(

I can't imagine the congregation wanting to have service in that church again, but they vow to continue her work. She was trying to revitalize the church and the area according to news reports.

The criminologist said he believes it was a sexual murder. He could be right. This reminds me a little of Sandra Cantu being taken to the church, raped, and murdered. RIP Sandra. They didn't say she was sexually assaulted, but since she was found nude and everything...chances are good it happened.

It also sounds like they fear a serial killer with the way they have handled it with other churches. OSBI do not normally go to those lengths in a murder investigation to warn other people.

Hi SS~
The case you are referencing is snipped below. I do not think the 2 cases will be related.

http://www.kecofm.com/

The body of Angel Gilbreath, 27, was found in Elk Lake June 22 by two Sayre residents who were there fishing. Two days later Gilbreath's mother from Dennison, Texas, ID'd the body.

Gilbreath's body had three stab wounds, and an autopsy by the State Medical Examiner's Office determined that she died from those wounds. The Elk City Police Department began immediately investigating the case as a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back