1273 users online (273 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Tellious Brown, 2, Columbus, June 2004

Columbus, Georgia
    Amber alert not yet issued---but in the works.
    Could someone please post a link?
    Thanks.

A 2-year-old boy has been kidnapped during a carjacking and police say the child is "extreme danger," according to an Amber Alert issued Thursday.

The Amber Alert was issued at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday for the boy, Tellious Brown.

The black child was last seen wearing a white tank top, shorts and Reebok tennis shoes. He was taken from his mother, Lakendra Trice, during a carjacking at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, the alert said.

The child was with his mother when two black men approached them as they got out of a Buick and pointed a gun at the Trice. There was no further description available of the attackers.

The men drove off with the boy still in the car. Police found the Buick a short time later, but it was empty.

Columbus is 95 miles south of Atlanta near the Alabama border.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap...y.asp?ID=40142

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger
    Columbus, Georgia
    Amber alert not yet issued---but in the works.
    Could someone please post a link?
    Thanks.
    Hey Showersinger....we've gotta teach ya how to post links thanks for the info tho.....

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation issued the Amber Alert for the Columbus toddler at the request of the FBI. GBI reports that the FBI is handling the case.

Tellious Brown, 2 yrs. black male was abducted Wednesday night in Columbus Georgia when two men approached his mother's car as they got out of the black Buick and pointed a gun at the mother, Lekendra Trice.

He was last seen wearing a white tank top, shorts and Reebok tennis shoes.

The men are described as black and are considered armed and dangerous.

They drove off with the boy still in the car. Police found the Buick a short time later, but it was empty. Columbus is 95 miles south of Atlanta near the Alabama border.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation indicates that the FBI is handling the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 706-596-9603 or 440-679-9000 or dial 911
    http://codeamber.org/brown/

right near me

This is about 25 miles from me. I live in Opelika, AL which is 25 miles away. It's all over the local news. There is going to be an FBI presser at 2 PM EDT. If the national cable networks do not carry it, I will watch and let you know what they say. He is the cutest child.

Thanx Leigh... we would appreciate the update

This is a terrible thing to think, but the first thing that went through my mind was Susan Smith. Especially as there is no description of the men. I certainly hope the mother is not involved in this, but for some reason I just feel like she probably is.

Keep us posted please. I'd like to know how this one turns out.

Arielle, I was wondering the same thing, you feel really bad thinking that but after Susan Smith & that chick in TX who drowned all 5 of her kids, you can't help but wonder. Not to be really doom and gloom, but there is a large river along the border of GA/AL which runs right thru Columbus, GA...the Chattahoochee. Wouldn't be hard for someone to drop a 2-year-old there. I keep thinking about that beautiful 3-yr-old Riley Fox in IL...she was dropped off a bridge into a river. I would imagine the FBI and police are searching along the river.:*(

This sounds to me like a custody thing. I don't think they wanted the car and got the kid by mistake. I think the father of the boy should be found.

Press conference

The father and mother are speaking at the presser. They seem sincere. Mother is sobbing..real tears streaming down her face and the father is hugging her. The father is quiet and composed but I'm not so quick to convict him...yet. He makes me wonder a little though, b/c his eyes are downcast as he speaks, he's not meeting the eyes of the media. However, he may just be a timid person. The police, though, seem to totally believe both parents. There is a $5000 reward for the safe return of the child. The mother's cell phone was also taken from the abandoned car. The FBI is in o it and won't go into any motives, but they say they have some good leads. JUST PRAY.

Let me add that the police just emphasized that this event was an "absolute exception", other parents should not be concerned, that this wasn't necessarily random. HMMMMM....and they don't believe the perps have gotten far with the child. Seems like they know far more than they can say. I DO wonder if they are looking at the father....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/06/....ap/index.html

My home town, I live in Columbus/Phenix City. That poor mother. IT's been on all the local stations all day. She looks awful and terrified.

I think they would have had to kill me to keep me from diving in that car after my baby!!!!

Hi, Cmadwolf, I'm Opelika. Nice to meet you. I am so upset over this case. The poor mother was pitiful. She kept saying, "this is my ONLY child!!" :*( What's your opinion of the father??

Fox News is reporting that the baby has been found safe!!! Thank God. Hopefully they will have the details posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Fox News is reporting that the baby has been found safe!!! Thank God. Hopefully they will have the details posted soon.
    Thank goodness!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast