1136 users online (232 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Ashley Diaz, 4 mos, died covered in bite marks, Orlando, 10 Aug 2009

Mom Arrested After Baby Found Bitten, Dead

Posted: 3:45 pm EDT August 24, 2009Updated: 4:00 pm EDT August 24, 2009
    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A mother in Orange County is accused of killing her baby. Investigators arrested Katie Furtaw on Friday and charged her with aggravated child abuse.

Detectives say Furtaw's 4-month-old daughter died sometime in August after being brought to the hospital.

Police say the baby had bruises and bite marks all over her body. The medical examiner has not released the cause of death.

Copyright 2009 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Oh my Jesus

I am thinking eye for an eye on this one-whose with me?

Where is SCM when I need her-she always writes a more compassionate post that I can relate to...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    they should be able to match the bite marks with mommy dearests teeth.

Sick!!

To have had a baby and to have seen him die, it breaks my heart to read this, I don't know if I can take much more

This isn't the first time I've read about a parent, step-parent or caregiver biting an infant. What is with that? I can't understand harming a child at all, but biting???

badhorsie, I'm so sorry for your loss.

What the heck is in the water in Florida?

I know that stuff happens all over the world, but for some reason it seems Florida is a melting pot.

RIP little baby girl.
    God is Great Beer is Good And People are Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    To have had a baby and to have seen him die, it breaks my heart to read this, I don't know if I can take much more
    So sorry for your loss. I feel the same way. In fact, I did stay away for nearly a year at one point. But when I come here, it is the little ones that draw my attention, even though those are the stories that hurt the worst. I think we all wish there was more we could do for them. And even turning to CPS isn't always an answer, as we have seen over and over. It's very frustrating but neither can we give up on them.

Jesus......what is wrong with these people! I don't even know what to say anymore, I feel such anger and horror..........
    [/I]

Anyone have a link for the article? TIA
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Lord have Mercy, what is going on? This is almost too sad and difficult to envision. I have to believe that many of these killers had people around them that ignored signs that abuse might be occurring. I am sorry but I just don't understand how people just snap one day and kill their children. I really believe there must be signs to some degree that abuse is going on.

Please people report the red flags you see. A child's life could be saved.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Oh my God I am so SICK of these sperm and egg donors hurting/killing their babies! Babies cry! It's their only way of communicating their needs and wants! If you can't handle a baby crying, USE PROTECTION or give the baby up for adoption to a family who will love and cherish the child like he or she deserves! Or just CALL someone and have them come help out to care for the baby if you're at your breaking point. Don't harm your innocent little angels.

My own 18-month-old baby is sitting here all cuddled up with me right now and I just can't for the life of me imagine EVER harming her in ANY way. I just don't get what goes through these peoples' minds. I just want to cry for all these poor babies out there that never got the chance to be loved like they so deserved. I wish I could have shown them what it feels like to be loved and safe

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    Oh my God I am so SICK of these sperm and egg donors hurting/killing their babies! Babies cry! It's their only way of communicating their needs and wants! If you can't handle a baby crying, USE PROTECTION or give the baby up for adoption to a family who will love and cherish the child like he or she deserves! Or just CALL someone and have them come help out to care for the baby if you're at your breaking point. Don't harm your innocent little angels.

My own 18-month-old baby is sitting here all cuddled up with me right now and I just can't for the life of me imagine EVER harming her in ANY way. I just don't get what goes through these peoples' minds. I just want to cry for all these poor babies out there that never got the chance to be loved like they so deserved. I wish I could have shown them what it feels like to be loved and safe

I feel the same way and also have a 20 month old...........call someone, go to a neighbor..do something!
    [/I]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast