838 users online (128 members and 710 guests)  

Websleuths News

MN - Goodhue Co., Wht/NtvFem Newborn 102UFMN, in Buffalo Slough, Mar'07

http://doenetwork.org/cases/102ufmn.html

Unidentified Female

• Discovered on March 26, 2007 in Welch, Goodhue County, Minnesota
    • Estimated Date of Death: Up to six months prior

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: Newborn
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 15"; 7 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: There is as much as a 70 percent chance that the baby is of Native decent. Straight, dark hair.

Case History
    The body of a newborn girl was found March 26, 2007 at the Treasure Island Marina in Welch, Minnesota.
    This is one of three cases of newborns found in the county in 8 years. In 1999, a boater found the body of a newborn girl near a marina in Red Wing and in 2003, the body of a newborn boy was found near Frontenac. In all three cases, investigators believed that the infants were born alive. Autopsies were never able to ascertain causes of death.
    Investigators have stated that this infant may not have the same mother as the other two.
    The girl has been nicknamed "Abby".
    Forensic artists from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children used photographs of the bodies and the infants' skull measurements to create composite drawings of what the babies might have looked like at the time of their deaths.
    The clothing in the drawings is not connected to the investigation.
    Authorities think the composites could help piece together a frustrating puzzle. Over the years they have had more than 100 leads, yet the investigations remain unsolved.
    Officials believe that mothers of the children may have hidden their pregnancies and are probably familiar with the area.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-31-2013 at 11:37 PM.

They think that one woman has been getting pregnant, then tossing out her babies? That just makes me physically ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    They think that one woman has been getting pregnant, then tossing out her babies? That just makes me physically ill.
    I believe the article states the first two babies might be from the same mother but baby Abby is from another woman.

Investigators have stated that this infant may not have the same mother as the other two.

Sad nonetheless.

Maz

Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post

Unidentified Female

• Discovered on March 26, 2007 in Welch, Goodhue County, Minnesota
    • Estimated Date of Death: Up to six months prior

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: Newborn
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 15"; 7 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: There is as much as a 70 percent chance that the baby is of Native decent. Straight, dark hair.

Case History
    The body of a newborn girl was found March 26, 2007 at the Treasure Island Marina in Welch, Minnesota.
    This is one of three cases of newborns found in the county in 8 years. In 1999, a boater found the body of a newborn girl near a marina in Red Wing and in 2003, the body of a newborn boy was found near Frontenac. In all three cases, investigators believed that the infants were born alive. Autopsies were never able to ascertain causes of death.
    The girl has been nicknamed "Abby".
    Forensic artists from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children used photographs of the bodies and the infants' skull measurements to create composite drawings of what the babies might have looked like at the time of their deaths.
    The clothing in the drawings is not connected to the investigation.
    Authorities think the composites could help piece together a frustrating puzzle. Over the years they have had more than 100 leads, yet the investigations remain unsolved.
    Officials believe that mothers of the children may have hidden their pregnancies and are probably familiar with the area.
    Wow. This is bringing me to tears. I have a baby girl too..10 months old. Her name is Abby. These poor beautiful children....so many people in the world who would do anything for a child...and yet this happens.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

https://identifyus.org/cases/4796
    I am confused about the ethnicity of the baby.

DN says there is as much as a 70 percent chance that the baby is of Native descent but according to Namus,
    The infant was found in the Buffalo Slough of the Mississippi River at the Treasure Island Marina (Slip 36, Dock C). The infant was near term/term with no apparent congenital abnormalities. The infant appears to be of Caucasian descent and not a member of the Prairie Island tribe. Estimated time of being in the water was from a few weeks from discovery of the body to the previous fall or winter (2006).

The other two babies in Namus:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4794
    https://identifyus.org/cases/4795

Bumping
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

I just found out about this - it's really awful. What a terrible way for the babies to die. I'm sure the mother is out there somewhere...
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?