Tony Padilla part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
the other thread was too long. Continue here, hold the bickering to a roar and for pete's sake be somewhat polite.
thanks. :)

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88033]Part 1[/ame]

again, I meant no disprespect to anyone discussing the documents. I appreciate the interest in the document and the reason for the discussion. I was just trying to follow the other bits of information not related specifically to the document. ( i.e. Tony's observations of the time spent with the family. )

But I do thank you for the tip of just scrolling through to Tony's posts.
Unfortunately, the other bits mixed in the discussion require following the document comments as well, as they are all mixed in together.

I was just not personally interested so much in the "copy/paste , notary, is it real or is it Memorex" trails. The actual physical paperwork really wasn't all that interesting to me... but Tony's participation was.

I have a great deal of respect for everyone on this forum, and have no criticism of their interests or comments. My apologies if any one was offended by my question, and/or the reasoning behind it.

It appeared to me that the truth of the document matter prompted Mr. Padilla's return to WS. There were a few extraneous questions and some chat but the answers were pretty much the same as they were in 2008. He also stated that was his purpose in going on the Today show. You'll notice from the news threads, (thanks AngelWhoCares!), that WESH ran a story or two on this subject as well. Perhaps their interest was piqued after the state, LDB, brought it up at the hearing last week.

If you click on search, advanced searched, and type "Tony Padilla" as the poster but leave the keyword section blank, you'll find all posts by him. If on that same page you change 'descending order' to 'ascending order' you can read them in the order they were posted by date, from August 2008.

Most of the questions asked of Mr. Padilla are not answered other than 'can't talk about that right now' and similar things. He has his own experiences with KC, a couple of hours; ongoing contact with her parents; intimate contact with LP, his uncle; and my understanding is close contact with RD and TMc as well as some inside LE info. Yeah, I think he could probably put together a book solely on this case, if he so chose, but I haven't seen him suggest that would be his only focus. Most authors, well, good ones, anyway, use several sources for a fact based book in my experience.

When/if he ever comes back, perhaps he'll start a new thread for a new topic; whatever he's interested in discussing at that time, or maybe he'll post on some of the other threads here that may interest him. It will be up to him, as a member here, just like it is for the rest of us, right?

BBM
I'm curious as to why it would be okay with most people (going by the support he received in this thread when he mentioned the possibility of writing one) for TP to write a book? In the past, on this forum, whenever it has been suggested that anybody is thinking of or going to write a book or make a movie about or around Caylee's case posters have spoken out with venom filled words against anybody who would even think of profitting from the case.

The reason is very simple, if most people objected to anyone writing and profiting from a crime, we would not have any true crime novels or even crime reporters. Most objections only come up when someone who supposedly knew and loved the victim, or someone who was intimately connected to the perpetrators makes money of a crime.

For someone who so intimately connect to the perpetrators to benefit is disgusting because it is a case of not only did the perpetrators kill the victim, they have the added benefit of themselves, or the people they are close to, making money off of their crime. And for a victim’s family, who supposedly loved the victim to actively pursue wealth from their love ones death leaves a bad taste in the month, because it leaves the impression that they did not really feel sorry there so called ‘loved one’ being gone, for it gave them an opportunity to make money.

Kentjbkent

I was going to ask this same thing last night, but decided to go to bed instead. For those who posted that they WOULD buy the book, what "bombshells" would you expect to read about???????

According to what Tony posted here in this forum, he only spent a total of two hours with Casey at the home the night she was bonded out....in the living area with a room full of people, and anything else he has offered up has been complete hearsay, inuendos, theories, etc. He knows NO FACTS about what happened to Caylee, who killed her, or the "inside story" of LE during their investigation.

Bottom line, his only involvement in this case has been meeting with Jose to arrange bond, accompanying Casey to the A house the night she was bonded out for a nice dinner prepared by Ms. Casey.

I just don't see where this possible book would have any sales value at all to the general public. Look at those who thought they were going to make a fortune profiting on their roles in the OJ trial....all those books are on sale at the Dollar Tree for $1

The Bondsman type stuff.
He writes well and explains things well. Which would make him a good person in his field to do it.

What brought the possiblity up was when I asked about why he might be arrested. What law, what issue, etc. That 'story' is something interesting that happen din his job. Which just happened to have happen while trying to bond out KC.

I doubt that is the only interesting thing, or KC his only interesting Client.

We had alot of questions dealing with his job. Rules, etc. Sounds like a book from a bondsman is needed.

The reason is very simple, if most people objected to anyone writing and profiting from a crime, we would not have any true crime novels or even crime reporters. Most objections only come up when someone who supposedly knew and loved the victim, or someone who was intimately connected to the perpetrators makes money of a crime.

For someone who so intimately connect to the perpetrators to benefit is disgusting because it is a case of not only did the perpetrators kill the victim, they have the added benefit of themselves, or the people they are close to, making money off of their crime. And for a victim’s family, who supposedly loved the victim to actively pursue wealth from their love ones death leaves a bad taste in the month, because it leaves the impression that they did not really feel sorry there so called ‘loved one’ being gone, for it gave them an opportunity to make money.

ITA and would add: Most murder victim's families don't actively support the victim's cold blooded murderer as many feel is the case here. To do so, to try to deprive the victim of justice and then want the victim to support them in a lifestyle higher than they've ever known is more than repulsive. I don't think there are words big enough or ugly enough to describe my opinion.

If folks want to bar any and all from profiting from crime then I suppose all those shows on tv must go; even the evening news must stop broadcasting because they too sell ad time. If we want to take it that far, there may be a month once in a while that this site breaks even plus two or three cents.

The Bondsman type stuff.
He writes well and explains things well. Which would make him a good person in his field to do it.

What brought the possiblity up was when I asked about why he might be arrested. What law, what issue, etc. That 'story' is something interesting that happen din his job. Which just happened to have happen while trying to bond out KC.

I doubt that is the only interesting thing, or KC his only interesting Client.

We had alot of questions dealing with his job. Rules, etc. Sounds like a book from a bondsman is needed.

I really, truly took his response to you as a joke at the time and in context. Some members then encouraged him to write a book. I even suggested today that it would be interesting to get an inside look at his profession. I think he probably has some very interesting stories to tell about a lot of different cases. I'm not sure how he'd go about doing it while he's active in his field; maybe if he ever does seriously consider the idea he could change the names and a few identifying details. BUT I also believe he could put together a book on this case alone given the sources at his disposal and his insider knowledge throughout.

Now that we know that there was some consideration of a book, I am curious to find out if the alluding to investigating information on other parties has anything to do with potential direction/content.

ITA and would add: Most murder victim's families don't actively support the victim's cold blooded murderer as many feel is the case here. To do so, to try to deprive the victim of justice and then want the victim to support them in a lifestyle higher than they've ever known is more than repulsive. I don't think there are words big enough or ugly enough to describe my opinion.

If folks want to bar any and all from profiting from crime then I suppose all those shows on tv must go; even the evening news must stop broadcasting because they too sell ad time. If we want to take it that far, there may be a month once in a while that this site breaks even plus two or three cents.

....which takes out the DI channel, Greta, NG, the flick re: the Zodiak, the one about Ted Bundy.. that's in addition to ALL the true crime books (Ann Rule is gone, as are all the books written by profilers re: serial killer psychology). And, these are only the first few off the top of my head.
Wait! I forgot the newspapers.

I don't want to bar him or anyone else, but I don't love the idea....It was just the abruptness; he hardly knew them, hasn't been here on WS for a while then shows up, doesn't really write a whole lot in his posts, then wham! He's writing a book! It was kind of uncomfortable.

There are so many people, even here on this board alone, that put in a lot of time trying to chip away at this case, and their names will never be known...For a second, I was hoping he was here to roll up his sleeves and share/sleuth info, but instead he gave a promo.

I don't want to bar him or anyone else, but I don't love the idea....It was just the abruptness; he hardly knew them, hasn't been here on WS for a while then shows up, doesn't really write a whole lot in his posts, then wham! He's writing a book! It was kind of uncomfortable.

There are so many people, even here on this board alone, that put in a lot of time trying to chip away at this case, and their names will never be known...For a second, I was hoping he was here to roll up his sleeves and share/sleuth info, but instead he gave a promo.

I dunno. I think he dropped some interesting stuff.

Not a lot, but choice, in places.

i ALWAYS look forward to visitors who were involved, however little.

Sometimes, they don't know what they know.

And, I AM eager to read about how BB goes, on a day-to-day basis.

Now that I TOTALLY agree with! I wouldn't mind a bit if more of the case players came by :)

And if they don't know what they know, we can eventually find out for them!

Yes, he told us that his initial response to KC was that she was nice and respectful. That the A's are good people in a very difficult situtation. That LP stretches the truth and loves the camera . (who knew? lol) That JB is not trustworthy, his word is not his bond. That Tracy has some damaging things to say about KC, but no smoking gun information. The he is angry about the misleading document and the SA is aware of his claims that he did not sign that document. He jokes about writing a book. He was threatened with arrest for stepping on the rules of the FL Bailbond Association and FL law which regulates the FL bond industry but it all worked out in the end.

I would prefer that he not go on TV to announce the fact that he did not sign the document. This is for one of the SA's to handle, not him. One of them got robbed of the opportunity to rip out a vein and that just isn't fair. Lawyers need to have fun too.

I agree with you. Also, when "players" come to visit, naturally our members get wind of it pretty quickly and the thread starts to get very busy. If this were me, and I wasn't used to being on WS frequently, I think it might get overwhelming.

Yes, he told us that his initial response to KC was that she was nice and respectful. That the A's are good people in a very difficult situtation. That LP stretches the truth and loves the camera . (who knew? lol) That JB is not trustworthy, his word is not his bond. That Tracy has some damaging things to say about KC, but no smoking gun information. The he is angry about the misleading document and the SA is aware of his claims that he did not sign that document. He jokes about writing a book. He was threatened with arrest for stepping on the rules of the FL Bailbond Association and FL law which regulates the FL bond industry but it all worked out in the end.

I would prefer that he not go on TV to announce the fact that he did not sign the document. This is for one of the SA's to handle, not him. One of them got robbed of the opportunity to rip out a vein and that just isn't fair. Lawyers need to have fun too.
Duly noted. Hahahahaha~

I must take up for Tony a bit here tho. The SA's Office couldn't "leak" that information. IMO, Tony did the SA's Office a big favor although I know it wasn't his intent. He put JB "on notice".

In my opinion, it adds credibility to Tony's claim that he did not sign that document, by him going on national tv to say so. Tony informed the State Attorneys first, that he did not sign that document - that is why State Atty Linda Drane Burdick told the Judge about it during the Hearing on Friday. That is why LDB asked Baez to produce the original during the Hearing (on the record). Tony went on the Today Show the day after the Hearing. The Today Show interviewer did not even go into any detail with Tony about the allegedly fake document. TS focused more on the Defense saying the Padilla crew were part of the Defense team, which Tony flatly denies.
It is my hope that LDB is in fact pursuing the request for the Original of the privacy agreement(s), and will not let it get swept under the carpet. And I further hope that Tony is informed if/when Baez produces any Originals, and the public is informed thereafter. This is a very explosive issue and should not just be left hanging, unresolved. IMO

I thought he did share some info. Albeit, not everything we wanted to hear. And I must have missed his promo. :waitasec:

Sorry it was uncomfortable for you, Jayla! He did say he had considered writing a book and then said he was half *advertiser censored* joking when he said it. He never said what he was going to write his book about. It could be about the BB industry and he could mention some high profile clients that he has dealt with - one being KC. He probably knows a lot more than he is given credit for by some (not saying you, Jayla).

Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone
BBM
I'm curious as to why it would be okay with most people (going by the support he received in this thread when he mentioned the possibility of writing one) for TP to write a book? In the past, on this forum, whenever it has been suggested that anybody is thinking of or going to write a book or make a movie about or around Caylee's case posters have spoken out with venom filled words against anybody who would even think of profitting from the case.

Sorry the quote feature wouldn't work properly for me on this...but I feel exactly the same way as you WBG. I was on the thread the other night when TP stated his intentions of writing a book, and saw all of the enthusiastic encouragement by some posters, and wondered if it had been LP stating he was going to write a book, what kind of uproar would there have been? I mean no disrespect to any posters who would buy TP's book, but I personally would not. From what he has stated, he really has no personal knowledge of anything directly coming from KC, other than his (misguided) impressions of her as being a respectful young lady. hmmmmm.

Think TP was joking. Plus there is already someone writing a story about this case but I can't remember her name so anything he would have to write about would probably not fill more than a chapter. I think we need to take him at his word. Plus what are we doing here on WS. Writing about this case we just are not getting paid for it but there would be nothing stopping us from writing a book with all the information we could find on this site. And who would know?????

TP intended that he was thinking of writing a book as a joke I believe. However if he did write a book about his profession I would buy it because I think it would give some interesting insight into the bail bonds industry. I'm sure many of the cases he has been involved with would hold entertainment value.

Does he know enough of this case specifically to write a book about it? I guess that all depends on how much inside information he was really privy too. Doesn't mean it has to have any insider stuff. Heck I've seen some posters here who have followed this case pretty closely that could write a pretty entertaining and informational book on this case with out being privy to "insider" info. Could just be about the process of following the case and the sleuthing involved.

Someone writing a book about the case isn't necessarily bad. I feel that if it's informative and entertaining then I will more then likely read it. However I do have problems with major case players making a profit off of the victim. Especially if it's anyone defending the defendant of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong