08-26-2009, 02:39 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
CO - Huerfano Co., Wht/NtvFem Skeletal 589UFCO, off I-25, Jul'99
Unidentified White/Mixed Female
- The victim was discovered on July 14, 1999 in Huerfano County, Colorado.
- Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the right side of the head.
- estimated date of Death: 6-12 months prior
- Skeletal Remains
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8.5"- 6'0.5"; 135-145 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: White, Euroamerican. Possible Native or Hispanic Mixture. Brown hair.
- Dentals: Available
- Clothing: Light colored, sleeveless, crop top t-shirt made by "Bansforner", approximately size medium; blue jeans, cuffs rolled up two times (approximately 5 inches), made by "Wrangler", size 34x34; maroon or red sports bra, made by "Bonjour", size extra large, (approximately a 36 C or D cup); red, mens thermal, long underwear bottoms (long johns) with the "Winston" cigarette logo on the back of left side, approximately 28 inches waist and 22 inches long at the inseam; red or brown knee high socks; black or dark brown sandals, made in Italy, with leather straps and double buckles, approximately size 9 or 10.
- Jewelry: A small copper or rust colored bracelet, with a single letter "C" on the front.
The victim was located on Road 610, 3.5 miles off of Exit 56, "Red Rock Road", North of Walsenburg, Colorado on July 14, 1999. She was found in an old, abandoned refrigerator, in a secluded rural area, not far from Walsenburg. The refrigerator was a "Philco" brand, model unknown. It had a lever handle, and was a single door unit. Possible date - 1940-1960s model.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-01-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: add description detail to thread title
08-27-2009, 12:39 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
she is tall for a woman
The pants and long johns are usually mens clothing (34x34 is a mans sizing)To me is sounds like she may have been living on the fringe of society and wore these clothes even though the pants were too long.
at 5'8" to 6' though, they should not have had to be folded up 5 inches. She would have to have been long bodied and short legged. I am 5'7 and can wear 33x34 with a nice heel, but I am long limbed.
Last edited by petchie; 08-27-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo"Silence is very imporant. The silence between the notes are as important as the notes themselves." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
03-04-2011, 03:46 AM #3
Here's a new NamUs MP Case, and she fits pretty closely to this Huerfano County Jane Doe:
Ambretta Luanna Rawhouser
* Her DLC (08-Feb-1999) was five months prior to the discovery of the remains (i.e., pretty close to the 6-12 month PM interval)
* The location of discovery is about 100 miles from the Royal Gorge Bridge (where her vehicle was found abandoned).
Walsenburg, CO to Royal Gorge Bridge, Canon City, CO 81212 - Google Maps
* Her height (5'8" to 5'9") is consistent with the UID's height estimate (5'8.5"- 6'0.5"), which is uncommonly tall for a woman.
* Her listed weight (150-160 lbs) is slightly, but not excessively high compared to the (135-145 lbs) weight estimate.
* DoeNet does not provide an age estimate, but her age appears to be consistent with the appearance of the facial reconstructions.
* The UID is described as Caucasian with possible Native or Hispanic mix (but "possible" is the operative word here). She doesn't have as much of a Native American appearance as the facial reconstruction, but her facial shape is more or less consistent.
* Her sleeveless shirt (though probably not the same shirt) is similar in description to the shirt in which the UID was found (sleeveless, crop top t-shirt made by "Bansforner").
Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM #4
I just spoke with Della Duran of the Huerfano County Coroner's Office. She was very polite and seemingly interested in the information. She wasn't at her desk, so she was unable to determine whether Ambretta was on her rule-out list (which she says is about 200 names long). She says that she might have seen Ambretta's name in DoeNetwork, but I responded that Ambretta is not listed in DoeNet.
I asked about the rule-out listing and said that there is an online group of people who research these cases, and are interested in seeing who has been looked at and ruled out.
She says that there are "three or four" names of people that she has received from tipsters recently, and she still needs to look into them.
She invited me to call her back late next week, and when I do, she will tell me who is on their rule-out list.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM #5
I made a follow-up call to Della Duran to see if she had ever ruled-out Ambretta Rawhouser against this Jane Doe.
She says that she thinks that Ambretta has been ruled out, but she had looked at the cases and agrees that they look pretty close. She wants to re-evaluate the two cases.
She says that she doesn't remember the basis of the rule-out and thinks it might just be something that was not definitive such as age. BTW, the DoeNet UID casefile doesn't include an age estimate.
She took down my number and said that she would get back to me in a few days.
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM #6
The letter "C" bracelet caught my attention. And three cases from 1998 with names starting with "C" are within' the 5'8"-6'0" range.
Consuelo Trujillo- https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3936/39/
Christine Byers- https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9144/38/
Cynthia Bulmer- https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8031/41/
Bulmer is a lightweight, Byers and Trujillo are within the range that Carl provided.
06-23-2011, 06:00 PM #7Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Northeast USA
I thought something was confusing me. the thread says UID Male yet the UID is female.
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM #8
06-23-2011, 06:12 PM #9
05-25-2013, 10:17 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
Maybe the Unidentified woman is Camille Dorothy Dardanes? There is a little bit of a ressemblance there, and the C initial matches.
Slightly shorter than the estimated height range. The timing doesn't fit perfectly with what everyone assumes happened to Camille, but because drugs and an abusive relationship were factors in Camille's life maybe she didn't feel capable of making contact for the several years between her date last contact and 1998/1999.
05-25-2013, 01:48 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Is it possible that the doenetwork has the height off because of the 34x34 wranglers?
With the jeans rolled up at the cuffs to be about 5 inches shorter, maybe this UID is indeed shorter?
Bonny Lee Baker has been missing since June 30, 1998. She is 62 inches and 145 pounds.
She had a live in boyfriend named Crespin Nene-Perez. Could that be where the "C" bracelet comes into play?
I think her photo looks similar to this UID.
short article on her here...
Last edited by Treelights; 05-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
07-30-2015, 01:12 PM #12
Has Michelle Costantino been looked at for this UID? Height, weight, and age fit, even the letter "C" for her last name! Resemblance to the reconstruction is decent, both have long faces. What do you guys think?
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 10Last Post: 08-19-2016, 11:17 PM
By SeriouslySearching in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 18Last Post: 07-12-2016, 11:52 PM
By Fin in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2016, 01:18 AM
By Lady Stardust in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 7Last Post: 06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
By webrocket in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 8Last Post: 04-01-2015, 08:22 PM