SPCA Exec's dog dies after four hours in hot car

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32569213/ns/us_news-life/

RICHMOND, Virginia - An executive for an anti-animal cruelty group says her 16-year-old blind and deaf dog died after she accidentally left him in her hot car for four hours.

Robin Starr, the CEO of the Richmond Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, says she didn't realize "Louie" was in the car until noon. Starr's husband, Ed, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch he put the dog in her car as she got ready for work Aug. 19. She often took the dog to work with her.

:mad::furious::mad::furious::mad::furious:

It was 91 degrees that day.......:behindbar

Wow, tragic and very strange that this would happen to an SPCA exec.

How very sad :(

It says that her husband put the dog in the car and she often took the dog to work with her, but her husband must not have told her he put the dog in there. This does not seem to be a case where someone forgets about their pet, she never knew he was there.

We have a suv, if my husband decided to put something in the back and then I drove to work, I would never know about it because I wouldn't look. I feel so bad for this woman and of course for her dog.

VB

I agree that the woman should not be held accountable. The dog was 16 yrs old and the car was probably already hot when the husband placed him in there. The dog more then likely slept the whole time. I can see how she didn't know!

That is horrible and tragic.

I feel bad for her honestly.
I use to take my shepherd to daycare when I worked in a dental office.
I started before they opened, so he would hang in the car for 45 minutes and then I would drop him off. We are in Seattle, it is not hot at that time of day at all.

Well one day I forgot he was out there and didn't realize until I went out to get lunch. I was very lucky our climate is mild but it easily could have happened to me. He was no worse for the wear and I think the most traumatic part was me screaming when I opened the door. Startled him!

I-D-I-O-T-S. Forgive me-I am not being judgemental, but if it had been a child people would have freaked.
Poor doggie.

I-D-I-O-T-S. Forgive me-I am not being judgemental, but if it had been a child people would have freaked.
Poor doggie.

EXCEPT.............I HOPING that if it had been child the dad would have told her it was there?!:confused:

feel bad for the dog, but i also feel bad for the person.
i don't think she knew the dog was in there. my roommate
has a 16 year old dog, and if you put her in the car, she goes
to sleep immediately, and wont necessarily get up if the car stops.
it's possible the dog didn't move or anything when she left the car.
i worked security at an event where someone left dogs in the trailer
of their truck in the arizona summer, we busted out the window and let
the dogs out, and then we dealt with the owner after we watered the dogs. that was neglect. they knew their dogs were in there.
i wish someone could have seen this dog and busted out the window.

~lwr~

This is just terrible. It breaks my heart to know what that poor dog must have gone through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back